Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Ward coming in here, negative repping me and yet doesn't even post himself. You want proof Ward, read the article! I said his analysis was pretty much right on, where's your proof it isn't?!?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I love Ward coming in here, negative repping me and yet doesn't even post himself. You want proof Ward, read the article! I said his analysis was pretty much right on, where's your proof it isn't?!?
at first i thought u were talkin to me
haha
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Don't you have to win one MVP before you can win 2? I think you're referring to DPOY.
Defensive players almost never win the MVP due to general ignorance and hype amongst the media, so the DPOY is the MVP for the defensive side of the ball.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Kruetz has been the best center for about three years, 4 at most. The guy who was better than him the other years, Mawae, Prisco says no way. If a center playing right now gets in other than Mawae, it would definitely be Kruetz, but when he says Mawae has no chance I don't see how he could even mention Kruetz.
While that may be, I don't see how someone like Faneca, who has never been the best at his position and still plays on the interior line, can be considered on the bubble. Guards and Centers go under basically the same criteria.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca was definitely in the argument for the best OG in the league for a few years, but he is in the same boat as Kruetz that both were top interior guys for a short time but it probably won't be enough to get them in. Eh, then again we're trying to reason something Prisco wrote, so there probably is no reason to it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why even throw Kurt Warner's name out there??? Everyone knows he's nowhere near HOF caliber

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still waiting...............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL, I love Ward coming in here, positive repping me and yet he doesn't even post himself. You want proof BigDawg, read any article by Pete Prisco. The guy is an absolute d-bag that likes to create rankings and lists to prove his stupidity and piss off his audience.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
LOL, I love Ward coming in here, positive repping me and yet he doesn't even post himself. You want proof BigDawg, read any article by Pete Prisco. The guy is an absolute d-bag that likes to create rankings and lists to prove his stupidity and piss off his audience.
I agree that most of his stuff is garbage, but for the most part his analysis on these players is right on. Put aside your hatred for the guy and then look at it again. He's right on with his predictions about Hall chances.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree that most of his stuff is garbage, but for the most part his analysis on these players is right on. Put aside your hatred for the guy and then look at it again. He's right on with his predictions about Hall chances.
I didn't bother to look, I never feel accomplished after reading his articles. I wasn't really arguing with you, just laughing at the situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I didn't bother to look, I never feel accomplished after reading his articles. I wasn't really arguing with you, just laughing at the situation.
The situation is repulsive! For Ward to that with his comment is bush league IMO. He's calling for me to provide proof when all he did was slam Prisco yet offer nothing of value to the discussion about the subject of the article.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The situation is repulsive! For Ward to that with his comment is bush league IMO. He's calling for me to provide proof when all he did was slam Prisco yet offer nothing of value to the discussion about the subject of the article.
Just stop right there, that's all I need to hear...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Etk you should actually read the article. All of his rankings are pretty good

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Prepare for a rep raping........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I'm not saying they aren't, but it's tradition. All Prisco articles get shown the back door.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Why even throw Kurt Warner's name out there??? Everyone knows he's nowhere near HOF caliber
Didn't he win 2 MVP awards and a championship? Sad as it is, that in itself is nearly a HOF resume.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If it were up to me, I would only put in players that were the best at their positions for at least one year. Players like Curtis Martin will get in, for accumulative production, though I personally don't think that should be the case. Players should be evaluated by dominance first, longevity second.
By that logic Kordell Stewart should be in the HOF.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

He said at least one year... not only one year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No it doesn't.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Orlando Pace is in... thats my only real complaint on this list.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Kordell was never the best anything.............EVER!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kordell was never the best anything.............EVER!
Thank you. If I would have known that someone would have applied Kordell Stewart to my logic I would have killed myself on the spot, prior to me posting.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

I can grauntee you that in 2 years holt will be a lock... the guy is the model of consitency.. is aging EXTREMLY well... he will be able to play 4-5 more years at a high level IMO... he is one of the greatest all time

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kordell had 1 or 2 extremely good seasons.

Threw for over 3100 yards, and had 600 on the ground... 15 tds passing and 5 running.

I'm not a Stewart fan, but thats a great season.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If it were up to me, I would only put in players that were the best at their positions for at least one year. Players like Curtis Martin will get in, for accumulative production, though I personally don't think that should be the case. Players should be evaluated by dominance first, longevity second.
I think that's a good idea. Although I'd think sometimes a person who is amazing in their own right, but just not the best, similar to say, Brady and Manning, depending on your viewpoint of them. Obviously, even if you think either one has been better for their whole career, they both deserve in. It would also prevent so called "accumulators" from getting in just by staying healthy and being very good, while never great. It's a problem that's gonna start happening in baseball, as the sacred 500 homers is going to be passed by players who are only "very good" and the pressure will be there to put them in. It will start happening soon in football as the 40,000 passing yard mark could be passed by guys who are just very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote