Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Game That Made You a Fan

The first Cowboys game that I acutally paid attention and really enjoyed was Superbowl XXVVII. The Boy's put a whooping on the Bills 52-17. I can vividly remember the touch down pass from Aikman to Irvin, where he dives in for the score. I was 6 or 7 at the time, but since that day It's been the Cowboys all te way.

I also remember Michael Jackson's halftime performance. It was pretty good actually.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The first Cowboys game that I acutally paid attention and really enjoyed was Superbowl XXVVII. The Boy's put a whooping on the Bills 52-17. I can vividly remember the touch down pass from Aikman to Irvin, where he dives in for the score. I was 6 or 7 at the time, but since that day It's been the Cowboys all te way.

I also remember Michael Jackson's halftime performance. It was pretty good actually.
Well I don't remember what game made me a fan, but I sure know what post made me hate Paul. :(

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 07-08-2007 at 11:00 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just grew into becoming a fan. My first game though was a preseason game vs. Carolina. I think we ended up winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

The catch Antonio Freeman made against the Vikings(In overtime?) to win the game, first ever game i watched(didnt even know what football was lol)
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had always kinda liked the Bengals being from the area and liked Carl Pickens, Darnay Scott and Ashley Ambrose, I had even been to games before but the one that really got me hooked was in '98.

I think it was @ Pittsburgh and in the last minute Neil freaking O'Donnell marched the team down to the red zone and with I believe under 20 seconds left he did a fake spike TD pass to Carl Pickens. I still remember that game like it was yesterday, I think we only won 3 or 4 games that year LOL.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tecmo Super Bowl. Cousin was the Niners, Brother was the Bills and My cousins friend was the Eagles and I was just little and My cousin told me to be the Vikings and thats how i became a vikings fan. But my most remembered game was the Vikings beating the bills like 34-13 in Buffalo probably because i was there.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
The catch Antonio Freeman made against the Vikings(In overtime?) to win the game, first ever game i watched(didnt even know what football was lol)
That was like three years ago.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Green Bay winning the Super Bowl...
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No game, my first Bobby Hebert jersey at the age of 3 made me a fan. Hell I was raised to be a Saints fan.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That was like three years ago.
i believe that was 2000, or 01. i only found out about it my fresh year when my friend, whos playing at Cal, told me to come out for try outs at Mission. I wouldnt be in it if it wasnt for him. Besides i only liked Hockey, fast paced hard hiting, no shot clocks. Go Penguins, but i hated it when they cancelled the season, still trying to get over that
Old 07-08-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

HAHAAH im a bills fan and that game is what made me a fan of the bills.... and hate the cowboys....

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first game I remember is the 1995 AFC Championship Game. I prefer the memories of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been a Sports Follower for a long, long time.. I'd casually watch, but not follow.. I think I started following it around the time Marty Morningweg took the wind in Overtime.. and got more into it after we drafted Charles Rogers, and became a fan in his first game, when he caught two TD passes.. Unfortunately, Anquan Boldin kicked our ass that game..

At least, I think that's how it went for me..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1996 Raiders @ Ravens, inaugaral(spelling?) game of the Ravens history and we won, and I've been hooked ever since. I would have been a fan earlier but my town's team was stolen from us.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SB XXXI fer ta win

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GB winning the SB vs the Pats.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I would have been a fan earlier but my town's team was stolen from us.
Only because your town tried to steal the team from its owner.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

I was born in Tampa, FL so I guess I have always thought that I was born to be a Bucs fan...my dad was a fan of the Bucs when we lived there but after we moved he never really followed TB Football (we moved to Houston, he became an Oilers fan, we moved to KY and well he never became a fan of any pro football team lol).

I think a lot of times ppl don't become fans just through one game but progressively over time. I loved the Bucs new uniforms and I loved Warren Sapp, Johnny Lynch, Hardy Nickerson, Donnie Abraham, Ronde Barber, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott...Tampa had some very markatable players back then.

I fell in love with the way that team played defense..they were fast hit hard and played the game they way it is meant to be played.

The game I remember the most though was 2000 vs. the Rams in the NFC Ship. Total *******. Prohel caught a freaking miracle pass Ronde Barber had him like white on rice I don't know how he made that catch...then Bert Emanuel made a diving catch from Shaun King late in the 4th for the 1st down, but the referee ruled it was incomplete because the bottom of the ball touched the ground AFTER HIS KNEES WERE DOWN AND HE HAD POSSESSION. I totally disagree with that ruling because that ground caused the incompletion. Unlucky break for Emanuel. We get that first down, Alstott pounds the ball in for a touchdown and we go on to win the super bowl (no way the Titans could score on us. If the Rams could only put up 13 points then the Titans would be lucky to get 3.

I know "woulda coulda shoulda" but the Bucs should have 2 Super Bowls, not 1.

Amazing what ripple effect that would cause. Then the Bucs have to keep Dungy for all eternity which means the Bucs never get Gruden...which means where would Gruden coach after he inevitably leaves Oakland????????????? It's the Butterfly Effect into motion.

Last edited by simms2clayton : 07-09-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1995 Superbowl..

I was 9. I never knew I could feel such hatred for someone I didn't know...

DAMN YOU NEIL O DONNEL!

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

It was actually college football that got me hooked. When LSU beat #1 Florida in Tiger Stadium in 1997 I knew I could never go without this game.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

What made that packer game even more special, was the fact i was in the hospital a week after he had brain surgery. Its sad to think that that was the only true time we connected watching football.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the game that made me a fan was...

madden '06.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:58 AM    (permalink
gouldo
Rookie

gouldo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Before Pay TV, Australia didn't have a lot of NFL coverage.

But back in either 1988 or 1989, I came home from work & turned the TV on. Miami were playing Cleveland. It was wet, the field look like a 5hithole, & I didn't like the jerseys of the Browns. I started watching the game & since then have followed the 'Phins.
gouldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morton Anderson missing the kick in Jacksonville.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man you guys are making me feel old this am. I woke up to modern sports in the fall of 1975. My first memory was of the Fisk homerun off the foul pole against the Reds, and that got me hooked on all things Boston sports. The Patriots next season ended with the "Roughing the Passer" call on Ray Hamilton against the Raiders. It 's funny, I thought at that point that getting to the playoffs for my teams was a given, afterall I was 2 for 2 out of the gait. I had much to learn about seasons of futility. I am relishing the Brady years because I vividly remember the Hugh Millen / Tommy Hodson ones too.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote