Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine was actually the Packers superbowl loss to the Broncos. I remember the Packers win, but I was too young to be much of a fan. Man, what a difference a year can make.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was 1996 and I was 7.

The Jaguars were 8-7 and, due to events during the day, were still able to get into the playoffs if they won against the moribund Atlanta Falcons (then 3-12). But the Falcons seemed to want to end the season with a bang, wishing to crush this fragile team's dreams.

The score was 19-17. The clock had just a few seconds left. Morten Anderson, one of the greatest kickers of all time, was queuing up for a 40 yard kick.

I was crying.

And he slipped... and he missed.

Afterwards, the Jaguars had their great run of '96, beating Jim Kelly's Bills and John Elway's Broncos (who were then the favorites to win the Super Bowl).

That one moment was both the worst and the best of my life.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl XXXVIII: New England Patriots - Carolina Panthers

The first game I saw.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Christ I feel old. You guys are all a bunch of kids. I'm not even going to answer the question because I don't want to be the only guy talking about a game from the early 80's.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Christ I feel old. You guys are all a bunch of kids. I'm not even going to answer the question because I don't want to be the only guy talking about a game from the early 80's.
Yeah, the majority of the posters on here are no older than college students

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
hornybastard
Rookie

hornybastard needs more cowbell.

Why do you like Football?

Seattle Sports baby!

Shaun Alexander, Lofa Tatupu, Matt Hasselbeck, Kevin Durant and Ichiro Suzuki are all gods!
hornybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
rookie in here vet in life

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Ah the hell with it. If I had to narrow if down the game that made me an NFL fan was the 1980 AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Chargers. I really liked Dan Fouts and the Air Coreal teams. Too bad they couldn't pull of the win.

Buncha whippersnappers.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ah the hell with it. If I had to narrow if down the game that made me an NFL fan was the 1980 AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Chargers. I really liked Dan Fouts and the Air Coreal teams. Too bad they couldn't pull of the win.

Buncha whippersnappers.
HAHA! You are old!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
HAHA! You are old!
Normally I'd say its all relative, but after reading through this thread I'm feeling really old.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornybastard View Post
Why do you like Football?
Brett Favre.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Buncha whippersnappers.
Man I usually feel old here being 27 but damn dude you must be posting from a rocking chair!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Man I usually feel old here being 27 but damn dude you must be posting from a rocking chair!

Hey I'm only 35, let's not get carried away. No rocking chair yet, just posting from my office.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

september 1st 1996 my 5th b-day and also the Ravens 1st ever game.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I was in grad. school during that season.

Hell I graduated H.S. before you were born.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Damn youngins.............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas v. Michigan. Rose Bowl. I've always been a Texas fan but after seeing the show Vince put on I have been a huge [Vince] fan ever since. He has made me go from hating the Titans to rooting for them.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Packers versus Broncos in the Super Bowl.

... actually, I came into the game rooting for the Packers, so it must've been some other game in the playoffs or something ...
Old 07-11-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it was the 2003 playoffs, (maybe 04) when the titans beat the ravens 17 - 14 gary anderson kicked the winning field goal. after we got possession back because orlando brown got his second 15 yard penalty for beating on kearse so instead of going for it they had to punt
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first game I saw on TV was the first live game shown in the UK. It was the 1982 NFC Championship Game at RFK, Redskins v Cowboys. RFK was jumping and the Redskins handled Dallas. Dexter Manley knocked Danny White out of the game. He also tipped the Gary Hogeboom pass that was then intercepted by Darryl Grant for the TD that took us 11 points ahead.

Next game Riggins ran 43 yards on a fourth and 1 and broke Miami. Those two games made me the 25 year fan I am. I was 12 years old at the time.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
My first game I saw on TV was the first live game shown in the UK. It was the 1982 NFC Championship Game at RFK, Redskins v Cowboys. RFK was jumping and the Redskins handled Dallas. Dexter Manley knocked Danny White out of the game. He also tipped the Gary Hogeboom pass that was then intercepted by Darryl Grant for the TD that took us 11 points ahead.

Next game Riggins ran 43 yards on a fourth and 1 and broke Miami. Those two games made me the 25 year fan I am. I was 12 years old at the time.

I guess that makes you and I the resident old timers, in this thread at least.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
suposed2bsweated
Rookie

suposed2bsweated hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Super Bowl XXIV(Broncos/Niners) i remember i was watching the simpsons and my dad and his friends came home being loud and changing the channel.. i got so pissed(i think i was 6 at the time), i stayed to myself for a few, then they just started gettin so into the game, that i became interested too
After that i remember getting excited whenever football(especially the niners) came on, after the superbowl i equated fball w/happiness
suposed2bsweated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Super Bowl XVI
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game that made me a huge fan of the titans and the NFL all together, was the 2003 playoff game vs the ravens, before then i would watch the games, but i didn't get into football as much as i do now. Now it like a drug to me, i need my damn football to come back :(......

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i think it was the 2003 playoffs, (maybe 04) when the titans beat the ravens 17 - 14 gary anderson kicked the winning field goal. after we got possession back because orlando brown got his second 15 yard penalty for beating on kearse so instead of going for it they had to punt
Well damn, just like me LOL

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote