Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics official thread

Let's doooo this

I can't be the only one watching

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does it start today? when was the opening ceremonies?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like right now.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said in the RDT, women's snowboarding is a joke. Guys are out there doing double flips and 1080s and the announcers are excited by a woman's 360. But I'll still watch everything. The Olympics is my second favortie sporting event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty excited. This is probably going to consume my weekend.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there we talk about then colossal failures of their Olympic preparation as well?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Is there we talk about then colossal failures of their Olympic preparation as well?
My Eastern European coworker today (paraphrasing): "I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal about the conditions there. It's the same way in places all over the world and some places in the US too."

Because I have a rule not to engage in stupid conversations/arguments, I refrained. But in my head I thought: "My bad, I didn't realize Gary, IN had 7 years to prepare for the biggest sporting event in the world."
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the NBC Olympics website is a freaking mess. I'm trying to watch the opening ceremonies but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it's because the network here at work is absolute trash, but I don't remember having this much trouble in 2012.

Edit: Looks like NBC just doesn't stream the Opening Ceremonies. Jackasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 02-07-2014 at 11:59 AM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
My Eastern European coworker today (paraphrasing): "I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal about the conditions there. It's the same way in places all over the world and some places in the US too."

Because I have a rule not to engage in stupid conversations/arguments, I refrained. But in my head I thought: "My bad, I didn't realize Gary, IN had 7 years to prepare for the biggest sporting event in the world."
Honestly I don't know how it ever passed the pre-Olympic inspection. In 2004 Athens nearly lost the games at the last minute because they were not prepared, and compared to Sochi they now look like the Beijing Games.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
As I said in the RDT, women's snowboarding is a joke. Guys are out there doing double flips and 1080s and the announcers are excited by a woman's 360. But I'll still watch everything. The Olympics is my second favortie sporting event.
it's problematic because most of the girls literally don't weigh enough to build the speed that the guys do (check out the height in the halfpipe for a really obvious example). for some of the girls, even being able to throw a 360 is just as impressive as a guy chucking a rodeo or corked grab off a jump. it's all about context. i'm not saying you have to enjoy watching it, but it's certainly not a joke.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to ask... why does anyone watch the opening ceremonies. They bore the hell out of me.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not watching.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I have to ask... why does anyone watch the opening ceremonies. They bore the hell out of me.
Well this year there was a solid chance of a terror attack.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To see how many stray animals show up or more importantly, to see if anything falls apart in the middle of it.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaica we got a bobsleigh team!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll watch some, my girlfriends High School friend is participating in them for Team USA.

I really, really want to get one of the The North Face olympic jackets we have here at Cabela's.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

The "water" in Sochi.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post

The "water" in Sochi.
That was after the water was off for a while. If you ever turn off the water to your house for a day or two and then turn it on it will look like that for about the first 5 seconds out of the faucet.

But the conditions have been terrible. I wonder if Russia thought they could contain the bad crap and only display what looks good. Have they never heard of twitter?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Have they never heard of twitter?
No it's a great way to spy on their citizens and get rid of the undesirable ones.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said this in the RDT so I guess I'll say it here. The Canadian Men's Snowboard Slopestyle team is incredible. Look out for Max Parrot, Mark McMorris and Sebastian Toutant to possibly sweep the podium.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

slopestyle will be a **** show because of the course. i don't buy that the favorites are any more likely to win this year than the random jackass who happens to not fall.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
slopestyle will be a **** show because of the course. i don't buy that the favorites are any more likely to win this year than the random jackass who happens to not fall.
Hopefully that random jackass will be 'Mercian.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Hopefully that random jackass will be 'Mercian.
Lord knows we excel in the field of producing random jackasses...

I got all excited looking at the schedule when it said hockey started tomorrow. Then I realized it was women's hockey... :(
Old 02-07-2014, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Lord knows we excel in the field of producing random jackasses...

I got all excited looking at the schedule when it said hockey started tomorrow. Then I realized it was women's hockey... :(
I can't wait for the US and Canada teams to brawl. They really do not like each other. Other than that the women's tournament is going to be crap. Any other team is just so rarely a threat.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote