Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just traded in some old games at Gamestop and got like $85 for them. Which is crazy because half the games were old Gamecube games. So I used that to get LA Noire and Portal 2.

Played Portal 2 first with my wife, it is a lot of fun.

Then I played some LA Noire, this game is incredible. I can't get over how great the facial expressions are. Usually in games a character has a default, blank look on their face that changes temporarily (and badly) to give the impression of emotion, then goes back to blank. With this game everyone just has realistic, normal facial expressions.

Driving is awkward. The cars' handling is much different than in GTA4.

I agree with what MOTH said earlier, the first part of the game flies by WAY too fast. I just did the mission with the car with the blood in it. I hope the pace slows down a little, at this rate I'm going to complete the game in like a week.

Is there a way to replay missions to do the questioning differently?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bold are the ones I agree with the others I haven't really played except LBP. If you look back a few pages on here you will see some talk about heavy rain on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2/3
The Show
God of War Collection
God of War 3
Resistance
Resistance 2
Folklore
The Ratchet and Clank series
Valkyria Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
inFAMOUS
Heavy Rain

anything else we're missing?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Should we rank them?
I think ranking them would be interesting a fun but I don't think its necessary.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when my ps3 died a few months back I was at like 33% on RDR. I tried to transfer my freinds progess over to mine and it didnt work out. So of bc of that and the way I started it up (i assume) i'm not getting credit toward the trophies I earn. Is there anyway to fix this? By the time I realized it was happening I didnt wanna start over again. Anyone know of a way around this?

It shows I have 2% of the trophies somehow.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly do trophies do for you?
Is it just something to be proud of or.... ?
Just asking. Never knew what they were for.

Finished UnCharted 2 and Heavy Rain both in the past two weeks.
Borrowed God Of War 3 from a friend. Will start that up later today.
Waiting for this PSN Store to open up so I can get inFamous

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
cool. so, tomorrow, when we're on a new page and dg forgets that he already asked and doesn't want to read back a full page, he can just be directed back to the first post in the thread. someone let me know if i should update it at any point.
I'm not getting anymore games for at least a week so HA!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Yeah pretty much just to show off or give you a goal to complete for when you are replaying games through.

What did you think of uncharted 2? Its my fav non sports game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
What exactly do trophies do for you?
Is it just something to be proud of or.... ?
Just asking. Never knew what they were for.

Finished UnCharted 2 and Heavy Rain both in the past two weeks.
Borrowed God Of War 3 from a friend. Will start that up later today.
Waiting for this PSN Store to open up so I can get inFamous
Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I just traded in some old games at Gamestop and got like $85 for them. Which is crazy because half the games were old Gamecube games. So I used that to get LA Noire and Portal 2.

Played Portal 2 first with my wife, it is a lot of fun.

Then I played some LA Noire, this game is incredible. I can't get over how great the facial expressions are. Usually in games a character has a default, blank look on their face that changes temporarily (and badly) to give the impression of emotion, then goes back to blank. With this game everyone just has realistic, normal facial expressions.

Driving is awkward. The cars' handling is much different than in GTA4.

I agree with what MOTH said earlier, the first part of the game flies by WAY too fast. I just did the mission with the car with the blood in it. I hope the pace slows down a little, at this rate I'm going to complete the game in like a week.

Is there a way to replay missions to do the questioning differently?
It slows down...first few missions are just the tutorial. I just wasnt too fond of how it was presented. The game really is outstanding, though. And yeah, you could load up previous cases via the start menu. Just scroll through the menu.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved UnCharted 2. Probably my fav non-sports game as well.
Though, I know I'm in the minority, Prototype is up there with it imo.

Just started GOW3. An hour into it. Holy ****. I already love it.
I'm a big Greek Mythology buff though. Love that stuff.
Just helped Gaia defeat Poseidon and just got knocked off Olympus by Zeus all the way down to Hades.
That's where I stopped. I'll be playing it all night, I'm sure of it.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prototype is a fun game...but at the same time, it's an unpolished mess. I had a lot of hope for it, with Barry Pepper on board as Alex Mercer. But wow, they really **** the bed in their story presentation. And the game was def. buggy, and some things just looked ugly. Hopefully they really strengthen things up with the seqeul. inFAMOUS is better in just about every area.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-31-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, I keep hearing inFamous is a similar but better game so I'm just waiting for the playstation store to be up so I can DL it.

is there going to be a prototype 2?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah Prototype 2 has already been confirmed...there are some trailers out there. We'll see a lot more about it at E3 in a few days. It's coming out in 2012. With the tagline "Kill your maker". The aim of the game is to kill the anti-hero main character, Alex Mercer, from the first game. But of course, you have all of these same type of powers as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-31-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully ps network is up soon.... plan on downloading infamous and dead nation..... i cant stand the other 3 games.... just aren't my type..

i wonder when the free movie weekend is? thats pretty sweet

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah Prototype 2 has already been confirmed...there are some trailers out there. We'll see a lot more about it at E3 in a few days. It's coming out in 2012. With the tagline "Kill your maker". The aim of the game is to kill the anti-hero main character, Alex Mercer, from the first game. But of course, you have all of these same type of powers as well.

Um, yes please!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I had forgot just how fun Read Dead Redemption was until I started playing it again this weekend.

Uncharted 2 lived up to the hype thats for sure it had everything you want in a video game. I can't wait till the 3rd one.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished Heavy Rain last night. Overall it was a pretty good game despite its obvious problems.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Playstation Store is up. So how do you get your free games?
Free rentals? All that free stuff we're suppose to get.
Doesn't look different from before.
Attempted to get inFamous and they wanted to charge me $30

Let me know what's up guys.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Playstation Store is up. So how do you get your free games?
Free rentals? All that free stuff we're suppose to get.
Doesn't look different from before.
Attempted to get inFamous and they wanted to charge me $30

Let me know what's up guys.
I tried the same thing. Apparently, they haven't put up the stuff for the "Welcome Back" package. I was rather looking forward to Wipeout HD.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I read, they still have to catch up on the actual releases that were supposed to come out during this downtime.. It shouldn't be long before we get the free stuff, probably a few days.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
From what I read, they still have to catch up on the actual releases that were supposed to come out during this downtime.. It shouldn't be long before we get the free stuff, probably a few days.
How long do we have to get the free stuff once they become available? I remember there was a date given a while back but that was before the extended downtime.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
How long do we have to get the free stuff once they become available? I remember there was a date given a while back but that was before the extended downtime.
30 days I think.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Sony-related hacking:

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pi...mised-2011062/
Old 06-02-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The MGS HD collection has finally been announced...Comes with Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and Peace Walker. Looks like I'll be able to finally play 4 soon enough. Sweeeeet. Comes out in November for the Ps3 and.......Xbox 360. Pretty surprised about that, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The MGS HD collection has finally been announced...Comes with Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and Peace Walker. Looks like I'll be able to finally play 4 soon enough. Sweeeeet. Comes out in November for the Ps3 and.......Xbox 360. Pretty surprised about that, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That system will just kill the graphics IMO.It won't be able to hold up the amount of space it will need at least 3 disk for EACH game why bother.Do you have a link for this just to prove?Cause I don't care either I want to play them in HD finally!