Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

inFAMOUS does EVERYTHING better than Prototype. But I like both games, personally.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw some gameplay of prototype, looks alright.

How does infamous 2 compare to the first one, anyone played it yet?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent played yet. But the review scores are really high, on par with the orginal game, and a lot of people say it's better...and it takes place in a knock off of New Orleans, which is pretty sweet. Different than the dime a dozen NYC location or NYC rip off.

There are a bunch of new abilities/weapons and it has a new mission/level creator mode, which sounds awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-17-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figures I wait 3 months for a buy 2 get 1 free deal then I use the coupon bc it expires soon. Then yesterday the sale happens. Its not that big of a deal since I've already payed off Madden and NCAA.

I picked up Saints Row 2 wednesday after my discounts for 7$. I went online and found out how to make Stone Cold Steve Austin so thats what I did. I played it last night and I can tell its gonna be fun. I wasn't expecting the best game ever so it's gonna allow me to play it and just enjoy it and overlook some stuff.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints Row 2 was a lot of fun. I never finished the final mission, I kept trying and dying on a certain part and just said screw it. It's not like the story is important.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Saints Row 2 was a lot of fun. I never finished the final mission, I kept trying and dying on a certain part and just said screw it. It's not like the story is important.
The only side misson thing I've did so far is the mayhem one and it was fun destorying all the stuff. I'll more into storys then side missions so I'll still do all the main storylines. I'm wanting to pimp up my houses and stuff real nice. How hard is that to do?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first it is difficult but it gets exponentially easier as you buy more properties and start raking in cash. I spent a lot of time buying/stealing and customizing certain cars.

Since GTA went a more serious route the Saints Row series fills a very important gaming void for me. The goofy over-the-top action is included in the story missions so definitely do them. But it is definitely not one of the great video game narratives of our time.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Code: JUN2G1
Old 06-18-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been wanting to play GTA Vice City lately.

Possibly my favorite game ever.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished up LA Noire...man do I feel like they cheesed out on this game.

No matter how you do the outcome is the same. No matter what you go through the same ranks doing the same thing...they was a quick way to make $60 for rockstar and although the overall gameplay was enjoyable for the most part...talk about no replayability.

I'd say if you can get it at redbox do it and beat it in 20 hours and save yourself the $60 for this game.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i have been kind of disappointed in LA Noire as well. it is just sort of the same thing over and over.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demon's Souls sucks now.

I had a friend who was interested in giving it a try, so we decided to play it at his place. Made it through 1-1 without much of an issue, rolled a Temple Knight for the armor and ability to heal right off the bat. We got to like Soul Level 20 so we could roll by killing Skeletons in 4-1 and the Red Eye Knight in by Old King Doran in 1-1.

So all going well, nice evening. We decided to start 2-1 and advance forward a little bit and "YOU'VE BEEN INVADED BY THE BLACK PHANTOM DICK INVADER". No big deal. That's part of the game. We'll fight fair. Hand my friend the controller since I figured he should probably get a feel for PVP if he's going to keep playing. Guy comes out wielding a Dragon Mirdan Hammer and just screws us in two hits. It was about the gayest thing ever. Considering that weapon takes around five hours to get if you start out going for it straight off, the guys main objective was obviously to just invade new players(or players with the starting equipment) and one hit them. I completely understand PVP is part of the game and even an extremely fun element of it....but there's just nothing to be gained from that on either side. You mostly just look like a douche. I read up a little bit about it and it's apparently a problem at this point in the games life cycle. I understand a bit, given boredom and stuff....but god damn. It's just a waste of time for everyone involved.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only game I've enjoyed playing online was RE5... and that was co-op

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Demon's Souls sucks now.

I had a friend who was interested in giving it a try, so we decided to play it at his place. Made it through 1-1 without much of an issue, rolled a Temple Knight for the armor and ability to heal right off the bat. We got to like Soul Level 20 so we could roll by killing Skeletons in 4-1 and the Red Eye Knight in by Old King Doran in 1-1.

So all going well, nice evening. We decided to start 2-1 and advance forward a little bit and "YOU'VE BEEN INVADED BY THE BLACK PHANTOM DICK INVADER". No big deal. That's part of the game. We'll fight fair. Hand my friend the controller since I figured he should probably get a feel for PVP if he's going to keep playing. Guy comes out wielding a Dragon Mirdan Hammer and just screws us in two hits. It was about the gayest thing ever. Considering that weapon takes around five hours to get if you start out going for it straight off, the guys main objective was obviously to just invade new players(or players with the starting equipment) and one hit them. I completely understand PVP is part of the game and even an extremely fun element of it....but there's just nothing to be gained from that on either side. You mostly just look like a douche. I read up a little bit about it and it's apparently a problem at this point in the games life cycle. I understand a bit, given boredom and stuff....but god damn. It's just a waste of time for everyone involved.
True... Ive had that issue when I first started the game but its deff worth picking up for a decent RPG and a crazy difficult game.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games of all time even...it's just so god damned stupid that people make concerted efforts for victories that don't even mean anything or take any skill.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-19-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's called griefing. It happens in all games. And it actually can be kinda fun sometimes.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's called griefing. It happens in all games. And it actually can be kinda fun sometimes.
Oh I know precisely what it is and I'm not really that upset about it. Laughed it off at the time and I'm doing the same right now. I just don't understand the mindset I guess. Waste of energy. It also wasn't as prevalent last time I played it :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-19-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the problem with achievements based on kills. People pad their stats by beating up a bunch of the new people. They should make kills based on experience by monitoring the first time someone started playing. A lot of people also hate that in Call of Duty when people camp out at respawning spots, just to get a lot of kills.
One other question, I just bought a PS3, where is the best place to register? At the site? Or using your Playstation?
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Don't think it really matters all that much. I made a new account a few weeks ago because it wouldn't let me change my password after the entire hacking thing(it really feels like I'm in the 90's again with all this stuff haha) and it worked fine. Website would work too. I do seem to recall some unskippable EULA of doom when making one on the console though, so the website might let you get by that quicker.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free.
Ended up with GoW Collection, Assassins Creed 2 and Dante's Inferno.
Keeping in mind I was trying to stay under 40 bucks, howd I do?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I can tell you that you hit on Assassin's Creed 2 for sure.

Not sure how much Demon's Souls people here know, but I'm completely addicted to it again. I'm going to be on a major bender with this one again, I can tell. Just killed Old King Doran at Soul Level 14 haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think he did very well. 4 great games for under $40.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-20-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I can tell you that you hit on Assassin's Creed 2 for sure.

Not sure how much Demon's Souls people here know, but I'm completely addicted to it again. I'm going to be on a major bender with this one again, I can tell. Just killed Old King Doran at Soul Level 14 haha.
How long did that take you lol... Me and my friend tried at like lvl 10 took 2 hours.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I told everyone here the other day that I got Saints Row 2 for 7$. Then my gf gets me L.A Noire for my bday saturday. I get lucky and even though its used the 2 DLC cases codes still work. I then return both games and buy them back as part of the buy 2 get 1 free and get GTA4 (ive never played it) for free. The first gamestop said I would not be able to do it since I bought the one game with a 10$ off coupon. So I ended up still getting the DLC for L.A and got the 2 extra games for cheaper then L.A would have cost new.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I can't find the 2 games I got as part of the welcome back prorgram? I've got them downloaded and the system software are up to date. Any help?