Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franchise in madden disappointing yet again. But I usually play games online anyways so not a big deal for me.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
How the **** do you hit in the show? This **** isn't even fun.
ahaha you don't! Either that or you become a jedi in guessing the pitch and location. I've walked maybe 10 times collectively in the last 3 versions of the game. Hitting get's easier though, I went through a similar stretch as you when I first picked up the game, I turned the difficulty down until I adjusted, then once I started creaming pitchers at that difficulty I turned it back up.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Franchise in madden disappointing yet again. But I usually play games online anyways so not a big deal for me.
How so? I'm enjoying all the new additions to the off-season.
I simulated the first season (like I do with every franchise I've ever played)
and enjoyed the scouting throughout the season...
I liked how the their ratings are slowly revealed depending on how you scout the player.
I like the gradual roster cuts throughout the pre season
You can trade the next season's picks... hot/cold streaks... I'm also a fan of the roles as well.
I didn't play 2011 but I like this game compared to 2010

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I liked how the their ratings are slowly revealed depending on how you scout the player.
You can trade the next season's picks... hot/cold streaks... I'm also a fan of the roles as well.
The FA bidding is pretty fun too.

I have a gripe with scouting because the potential ratings are all over the place. For instance, the highest rated RB who was tabbed as a top 10 pick has C potential. There is no way to find this out until you draft the player, unless you use your pro days, and you only get 5 of those. I get they wanted to make it harder to draft I guess, maybe 10 pro days instead of 5 would make things a little better.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about getting NFL Head coach 09 or MLB Front office manager. Just because I like the offseason scouting, free agents and drafting stuff better.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else getting the HD remakes of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico? Two really great games there at a pretty decent pricepoint. This month is all about HD collections for me between that and the Resident Evil 4 HD release. I generally hate buying games that I've already played again, but it's been awhile for all those titles for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never played SoC or Ico so I will probably get one or both. HD remakes are pretty cool. I enjoyed re-playing the God of War games. Moreso than GOW3 actually.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I never played SoC or Ico so I will probably get one or both. HD remakes are pretty cool. I enjoyed re-playing the God of War games. Moreso than GOW3 actually.
SoC and Ico are a packaged deal, actually. I havent played them either, which is surprising because they're considered two of the greatest PS2 games of all-time. I'll be getting it, eventually.

I'm a big fan of the remakes as well. I'm looking forward to the Silent Hill HD collection and Metal Gear HD collection as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zone of the Enders collection is another one. Underrated games, really. Especially the second one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
There's no training camp!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you play as multiple user teams in an offline franchise still?

Some reason NCAA did away with it this year. You could only do it for, I dont know...forever.

Well, I actually heard you can kind of do it still...but you have to do it some bootleg way. But I dont think that second player can do any of the recruiting and what not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-06-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Yeah you can still play multiple teams and I training camp is the thing I miss the most, but they did fix a lot of things. Another small thing I hate is after I sign a rookie I have to go into my roster to see their ratings instead of before they had it where they show you right away.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the best parts about working for Best Buy is that I get access to Sony's Retail Loyalty Site. Friday I am going to get:
- Resistance 1
- Resistance 2
- God Of War 3
- Uncharted 2
and Little Big Planet 2

All new for $50! Woot!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
One of the best parts about working for Best Buy is that I get access to Sony's Retail Loyalty Site. Friday I am going to get:
- Resistance 1
- Resistance 2
- God Of War 3
- Uncharted 2
and Little Big Planet 2

All new for $50! Woot!
Both resistsnces are fun games and Uncharted 2 is the best non sports game i've ever played amazing graphics.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I loved God of War 3, too. A lot of people seemed disappointed with it, but it's classic God of War and I thought it was bad ass. Good haul.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just beat GoW 2 over the weekend and I started Uncharted 1 so I obviously have to get the sequels and I heard the Resistances are good. LBP2 is for the GF
Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I just beat GoW 2 over the weekend and I started Uncharted 1 so I obviously have to get the sequels and I heard the Resistances are good. LBP2 is for the GF
The Resistance games are good. The 2nd game has some beautiful visuals...namely the sky. It's a gorgeous backdrop, with enormous skyscraper sized alien ships littering it everywhere. The first time you set foot outside in two, you just see some amazing and iconic imagery.

The 3rd game is getting amazing reviews, too. A lot of people calling it the best one yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uncharted 1 is fun, but uncharted 2 is just on another level in every area.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the Uncharted demo and hated it. Uncharted 2 was a great game, though.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is everyone doing in Madden 2012?
I used to play 2010 a lot. Didn't get 2011 and just stopped playing Madden until this new game.
I can't pass for ****...

T.Brady after 8 games in my franchise:
1100 yds, 46%, 10 TDs, 11 Ints, QB RTG 60's

My 9th game: 9-28, 100 yds, 3 Ints QB RTG of 4.9

If my RB (rookie, 4th round steal, stud) didn't have 800 yds, 8 TDs, I wouldn't have an offense.

Anyone else struggling as much as me? Or do I just suck that bad?
If I'm playing like this with the highest rated QB... I can't even imagine playing with anyone else.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get my Ps3 back next week!!!!

What are 3 must buy games?

I cureently have
Madden 12,
Black Ops,
MW2,
Socom,
Assassin Creed.

So list the top 3 games i should add to my collection so i can go look up the trailers

Thanks in advance, gentleman

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Uncharted 1 + 2
Heavy Rain
Mass Effect 2

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

anyone know of a any deals on the ps3 like free games or giftcards with purchase?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Will most likely be picking up Dead Island this weekend does anyone already have it? I hear it's an open world similiar to Fallout so if anyone has it lets do some co-op!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I heard it's not really open world and the environment isn't ... (blank)
i.e. if there's a chair/table between you and the zombie, the zombie can't knock it out of the way... he'll go around it.
Also, as for free world... if you stray to far, you'll re-spawn more inland.

What I heard from a friend that was reading reviews on it... still debating getting it.