Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished Deus Ex. It was really a great experience, although frustrating at times. I tried a full stealth build and was OCD enough to reset when I got caught to get 'Ghost' achievements. Towards the end of the game I did a bit of sneaking/hacking but mostly just opened up on people when it was convenient. Trying it again pretty soon on the toughest difficulty, will probably be more disciplined this time.

Leg augmentation+Rebreather ftw
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All my friends are getting Dead Island so I'm buckling and getting it as well.
So if anyone else who has the game wants to play online at some point
Go ahead and add me: ackNalej

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Uncharted 1 + 2
Heavy Rain
Mass Effect 2
Heard about Uncharted, trailers look pretty good, gonna give it a try.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It annoys me in the Uncharted trailers that the dialog and the characters' mouth movements look so off.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that clearly makes it a terrible game lol.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well that clearly makes it a terrible game lol.
I'm sure it'll be fun. But after playing LA Noire my expectations are just that might higher.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-09-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I'm sure it'll be fun. But after playing LA Noire my expectations are just that might higher.
The Uncharted games are some of the best games in this gaming era. And Uncharted 2 is a graphics marvel.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I heard it's not really open world and the environment isn't ... (blank)
i.e. if there's a chair/table between you and the zombie, the zombie can't knock it out of the way... he'll go around it.
Also, as for free world... if you stray to far, you'll re-spawn more inland.

What I heard from a friend that was reading reviews on it... still debating getting it.
Don't worry, it's a fun game. I played it a good bit with my friend online (for PC) and we had a blast. Can't wait to fire it back up again tonight.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Uncharted games are some of the best games in this gaming era. And Uncharted 2 is a graphics marvel.
I am talking about dialog sync with facial animation only.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-09-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I am talking about dialog sync with facial animation only.
It's really not that bad at all. You're going to be very disappointed if you hold all games to that L.A. Noire standard. It's going to be a while until every game is at that level of facial tech.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I still enjoy Just Cause 2 and that has the worst dialog sync ever, so it's not going to keep me from liking anything. I just know what's possible so it'll be in the back of my head.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm upset I no longer have access to a PS3. Not getting to play Uncharted 3 is going to suck. :(
Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to perform surgery on my PS3.. It stopped reading discs, so I'm gonna take it apart and clean the lens. If that doesn't work, it's either $130 to have Sony replace it, or $250 for a new one.

So, how is Resistance 3 multiplayer??
Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Dead Island is multi-player online only? That's the dumbest thing ever.
A friend of mine just bought it, so 4 of us are at my place ready to play some split-screen multiplayer.
FAIL.
And if you want to play offline, you have to create a LAN line.
Everyone needs their own gaming system/TV... it's dumb.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That's how most games are going...online co-op only. Yeah, it sucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Is the new Resident Evil going to be the same way?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think it's online co-op only.

Developers are phasing out the split screen stuff. Which is incredibly stupid.

They want you to all buy a copy and play in separate areas. Opposed to playing on the same console, in the same room, sitting on the couch. I guess they assume gamers dont have real friends, or just want more cash in their pockets. Even though, a lot of people wouldnt even buy the game if it didnt have offline co-op.

I love offline co-op mode, myself. :(

edit....and related to this. Not having a franchise or a dynasty capable of controlling multiple teams is also ridiculous. It's the reason I stopped buying EA's NHL series. I used to play in multi-team seasons at my house with another person, and they did away with it. Same thing with NCAA this year. It's just a horrible decision.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-10-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody know of any good deals on the PS3? I think I'm just gonna buy a new one. Mine stopped reading discs.. I took it apart to fix it, and now it won't accept my discs. Since I don't really know what I'm doing, and it's like $130 to fix it from Sony, I figured I'd look around and see if anyone has a good deal.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WMD unless you buy it used from amazon or ebay I think you are looking at 250 bucks.Good luck.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

craigslist i bought a brand new ps3 with warrant which i sent in to get fixed once already for 200 when it was 300 new back then you can probably find one for 150 now.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't want to part with my obese but sexy 80GB Playstation. It's got all the USB ports and the card reader thing and the obeseness and such..
Old 09-17-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I don't want to part with my obese but sexy 80GB Playstation. It's got all the USB ports and the card reader thing and the obeseness and such..
I'm in the same boat, man. I got the yellow light of death way back in june & just haven't gotten around to finding a new one yet. I played over 50 rounds of disc golf this summer vacation instead of sitting indoors playing my ps3.

I tell myself that i can hold out until x-mas or find some black friday deal that is too good to pass up. I bought my phat 80 gig off of craigslist about 7 years ago & i just don't feel like going the used route again for some reason.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Toys R Us has the 320GB Infamous 2 PS3 bundle on sale for $249 for some reason. That is the regular price of the 120GB model.. Best Buy price matches, but in order for them to do that, the local competitor has to have the item in stock.

I tried to get the Infamous 2 Bundle from Best Buy but my local Toys R Us didn't have it in, so no dice.. I went to the Toys R Us, however, and they had the plain standard 320GB for the $249 so I just went for that. I probably wouldn't have played Infamous 2 much anyways.

Just a heads up.. very good deal if you're in the market for a new PS3. I'm not sure why they put that one on sale.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wish I would have gotten a game with my PS3. Pretty sure I spent $399 on it as well, for an 80 GB, back in the day.

I was damn near broke afterward. I bought a used copy of Resistance, which I didnt love initially and NBA 2K8. The next week, when I had more money I bought a used copy of Uncharted. And I was in love.

I've since grown to really like the Resistance games, but yeah...not the greatest game to get to showcase the graphical power. I was pretty unimpressed with my PS3 purchase until putting in Uncharted.

I just bought my PS3 on a whim, really. I was going to get one eventually because I'm a huge Quantic Dream fan, and I knew they were working on some exclusive called, Heavy Rain. But I decided to buy the thing as soon as I had the cash readily available.

I use it for movies a lot more than games, but I still love the thing. I need moar exclusives, however. Since that's all I buy for it. For every seven xbox 360 games I have, I have one PS3 game, probably.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hell of a deal, my dead island pick up has been delayed since ive been playing madden the majority of the time now. I'll pick it up eventually

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote