Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Max Payne fans?

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-30-2012 at 12:52 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the first Max Payne on PS2 and really like it. It's the only one I have played.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've never played any of the max payne games but I'm really lookin g foward to this one.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I played the first Max Payne on PS2 and really like it. It's the only one I have played.
Yea same here, it was one of my favorite games for the Ps2. I definitely plan on buying the new one though, the gameplay action looks awesome for a 3rd person shooter. They tried to make the animation movements as realistic as possible.

here's another video that breaks down the shooting mechanics with gameplay video... so cool.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty bad ass.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

New Twisted Metal demo is out now.

Also.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6349484.html

Quote:
Today, Sony announced that The Simpsons Arcade Game will launch on the PSN on February 7 as a free game download for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Sony did not note if the game will be made available to non-PlayStation Plus users.
It better be...

Last edited by Splat : 01-31-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really underwhelmed by Uncharted 3. The production values are fantastic and it's by no means a bad(or even average) game...but at the end of the day, it's still a straight shooter with very little else to break up the gameplay. I like it, but I really don't see it as a transcendent title that some people seem to. The whole "interactive movie" thing might be a little unfair, but there's some truth to it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Metal Gear Solid = best interactive movie game ever!

Any NHL 12 owners out there?I would love to get your thoughts on the game . Also when does 13 come out ? Same time around next Sept?

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 02-04-2012 at 03:40 AM.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Metal Gear Solid = best interactive movie game ever!
Pretty much.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Downloading the Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare bundle from the PS store as we speak...
Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RDR was one of my favorite games. i have undead nightmare, but i haven't played it at all.... been stuck in Skyrim.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Downloading the Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare bundle from the PS store as we speak...
I bought the Zombie bundle when it was on sale over Christmas and can't wait to check it out.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Started RDR and like it so far. It's pretty much an upgraded version of the game Gun which I loved so I'm happy with the purchase.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twisted Metal is so based. One of the best demos I've ever played.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm really underwhelmed by Uncharted 3. The production values are fantastic and it's by no means a bad(or even average) game...but at the end of the day, it's still a straight shooter with very little else to break up the gameplay. I like it, but I really don't see it as a transcendent title that some people seem to. The whole "interactive movie" thing might be a little unfair, but there's some truth to it.
Uncharted 3 itself isn't what makes fans rave, it's the Uncharted series. Sure, most of that is the graphics and the "interactive movie" part that you mentioned, but it's also fun to play. It's not the most challenging gameplay, and it has a linear storyline, but it's still fun. From the about 10% of 3 I've played, I can tell it's probably going to be the same as 1 and 2, just with different bad guys and treasure, but I still love it.

Shooting game + Treasure Hunting story + fantastic graphics = huge success.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

RDR is pretty awesome...

Also I download Infamous and some DLC for Resident Evil 5. I don't plan on playing either for awhile, that way I will have something to look forward to.

Last edited by Splat : 02-06-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Amazon has the Uncharted 1 and 2 combo pack on sale for $30 and I had $13 credit so I got both games for $17.

*Happy Dance*
Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

game stop has Uncharted for 25 bucks both games..

I pulled the trigger and bough NHL 12 plus a few other cheap games to play with the gf spent about 98 bucks ugh. Needed another 360 controller used to only having one. 40 for NHL , 30 for controller then about 20 bucks on cheaper games. Not a bad stop .
Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden keeps freezing in the load screen between "end game" and the "Franchise Menu" screen.

So effin' not-hetero

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, midgame (replaying the game from above ^^^) the game just went to the PS main menu. Out of nowhere. Midplay.
I think I need a new PS. Ugh. Thank God for income tax money!
(2 kids and a wife = CHA CHING!)

Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Well, that makes me feel a little better, I think.
They probably used MATLAB. Ugh, I hate Matlab.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm pretty sure it's all coded in kindergarten macaroni art projects.

it shocks me more and more every year that anyone is still buying any football game ea releases. the bugs get worse, nothing gets fixed, and no features get added. it's amazing.
Disagree with the bolded. I didnt buy the last couple Maddens but I love this one. Franchise mode is training camps away from being perfect for me.
Oh yea, there's the freezing and random game quitting that sucks too.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's horrible. The gameplay is bad, the franchise mode has a lot of crap filler, and it's full of bugs.

Progression is a joke, the sim is a mess, players disappear, etc.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the old madden 2002-4 preferably

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Any one get the 4.10 update yet? The main doesn't have it up yet but the console does...