Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bought a new 40in LED Sony Bravia that was on sale yesterday for my bedroom, along with Uncharted 1,2 and 3... which I also got marked down after some convincing of the sales clerk.

Also got a call last night that I can take off from work today.

and this is how I'm feeling this morning...

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Bought a new 40in LED Sony Bravia that was on sale yesterday for my bedroom, along with Uncharted 1,2 and 3... which I also got marked down after some convincing of the sales clerk.

Also got a call last night that I can take off from work today.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are some good racing games? Doesnt matter if they are a few years old
Old 03-26-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gran turismo I've been meaning to pick that game up, probably do that today since I have some free time.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
What are some good racing games? Doesnt matter if they are a few years old
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Also I ended up renting Kingdoms of Amalur and four hours in I'm very much enjoying it.

Last edited by Splat : 03-26-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats the diffrences between grand turismo and need for speed?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I have read the reviews and everything of Journey and I just dont get it. Has anyone tried it?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
whats the diffrences between grand turismo and need for speed?
I think GT is more of realistic type of racing game but I could be wrong haven't played it. As for NFS it's more over the top street racing with cops giving chase or you can be the cop.

If you go with NFS I recommend getting Hot Pursuit. I have heard bad things about their new one called Run.

Quote:
I have read the reviews and everything of Journey and I just dont get it. Has anyone tried it?
Haven't played it people just rave about how good it is.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I see where GT has nascar and is in 3D so thats prob the one he will go with.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gran Turismo is a great series, and GT5 is awesome. NFS Hot Pursuit is really fun as well, it depends on what you are looking for. NFS is a more of an arcade style racing game.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Gran Turismo is a great series, and GT5 is awesome. NFS Hot Pursuit is really fun as well, it depends on what you are looking for. NFS is a more of an arcade style racing game.
thanks, how does the nascar stuff work in gt5?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I got Enslaved in the mail but can't stop playing Kingdoms of Amalur long enough to play anything else. I sadly only rented KOA so I will start Enslaved when I take it back.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just ordered Kingdoms of Amalur off of Amazon renting it wasn't enough. I'm normally not a huge RPG fan but this game just sucked me in.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS4 rumors are coming out and they sound terrible (from the game perspective)
You'll have to buy a code to activate any used games you buy or borrow , making the used game market obsolete.
This sucks for me bc I think games are too expensive and buy used or borrow from friends.
Looks like i won't be able to do that anymore.

Quote:
. More rumours suggest that Sony is going in the same direction as Microsoft in that it wants to kill off the second hand games market. Current industry wisdom suggests that future PS4 games might be tied to your Sony Entertainment Network account and will thus then have no resale value. That's a similar approach as used by PC developers using Steam so we reckon this is a likely development. Doesn't mean we're happy about it, though.
http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/c...rumours-937822

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

That sucks if true. I bet Gamestop is pist, along with any other place that buys and sales used games.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
gamestop has already suggested it won't carry any system with that feature in place.
They shouldn't. They'd be aiding in their bankruptcy.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, I see it as a no win situation but i like that they're not taking it laying down though

Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't ever trade in games or rarely buy used games, so I don't care too much. I'd rather have my games all be handled through digital distribution anyway. It would suck years down the consoles lifetime not being able to find that rare game that has no new copies (assuming its not available online).

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
i'd agree, if i didn't think they'll eventually back off of it. i'd guess they'll realize that the only way to work another year of profitability out of their business model is to cave, sell the things, then fold 12-18 months later when their income stream is gone. sad.
Pretty much how I think it'll happen.Though, I'd still go that route if I were in control of Gamestop. Gotta be a little prideful sometimes.

Like I said previously, I trade a lot and buy used games for the majority of my gaming so this directly affects me.
Looks like I'll be holding on to my PS3 for as long as I can.
Therefore, if I'm forced to buy new games to play, I'll just buy the 2-3 yr old games at a lower price.
Games are just too expensive for me... it'll be sad if the day comes where I don't play anymore bc I simply can't afford to.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

same here. I very rarely buy brand new games. i am usually a couple of years behind on the new releases. $60 is a lot to spend on a video game these days.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if console makers and game devs are losing money, they should quit making terrible games.
Noooo it's not the bad games, it's the game piracy! Same thing with the movie and music industry.. They aren't losing money because people might be bored of getting the same thing over and over and over and over again, it's because of the piracy.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
*shrug*

i'd rather not be dependent on the whims of, say, origin deciding that i've been banned and can no longer access my purchased content. or sony suddenly deciding that, because some dude with a keygen ended up with my activation code, i have to pay again for the privilege of using my purchased product.

and really, i haven't sold a used game in forever. but i refuse to support irresponsible and idiotic DRM 'solutions' in search of a problem. if console makers and game devs are losing money, they should quit making terrible games.
Those Origin bans were dumb, but people were found breaking the forum rules. Total ******** that they are connected and were banned over it. Talking **** to EA or about EA on their forums never sounded like a good idea to me though. I can't see a service being supported by the consumers if they were constantly doing this. It was an uncommon outbreak of bans that hasn't happened again. I've never had 1 problem with digital distribution.

Has that scenario with the keygen happened before? I've never heard of it happening. Hardly any games on digital distribution uses activation codes anymore other than like Games for Windows Live. I'm totally positive that this issue could be solved through customer service rather than making you pay for it again. It's their fault fin the first place. Also, Sony doesn't use activation codes that you have to enter with their DD.

My friend has scammed multiple cd keys for multiple games through EA's customer service. They are such a joke.

What bothers me, from what I've heard about Orbis, is that it won't be backwards compatible with PS3/PS2.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-30-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
same here. I very rarely buy brand new games. i am usually a couple of years behind on the new releases. $60 is a lot to spend on a video game these days.
I rarely buy used games but most of my games say greatest hits on the cover.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only new games I'd buy on a release date is Call of Duty, I'm a sucker for that game.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I buy Grand Theft Auto games new. And occasionally a game gets me excited enough to guy it new. But I usually just let others buy it and then buy their game when they get tired of it later.

edit: I assume this will put Gamefly out of business too.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 03-30-2012 at 12:48 PM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote