Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The only PS3 games that I need to have...are God of War and Heavy Rain and neither is coming out for a while so, I'm fine w/ just having my 360. I've never been a big fan of any of the other games you mentioned.
That's my point though. If you don't care for most of the PS3 exclusives, then why the hell would you buy a PS3? If I don't care for most of the 360 exclusives, then why the hell would I buy a 360?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell if I know...people just like to argue about these things for some reason. Personally, I could care less...people take this whole "war" too seriously. I dont get it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got NBA 2K8, it's insane.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in buying a mothafreakin PS3 but I can't find the 80GB Model online anywhere. I swear someone is about to get a golden shower around here..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Haze has officially pissed me off. Last release date I saw was today. So I head to EB Games, only to find out it's been pushed back till June 1st. Haze was a "release day buy" game for me. A game I was saving for. Now, I'm sorry, but I'll get it when I have some money. If it's a few months later, oh well. Haze has become the Terrell Pryor of the video game world for me. I've just lost the will to care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Sucks View Post
I just hope it's better then CoD 4... thats pretty much my new standard for FPS games.
If it's even as good as COD4 I'll be happy. I do think it'll be a great game. I'm just annoyed with the release date continually being pushed back. Although to continue my Pryor analogy, I think alot of the release dates that have come out are guesses from third parties not connected to the situation, or rumors again by uncconected parties. I think I may be talking myself back into saving for launch day here.

Quote:

Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

New trailer out for Tom Clancy's Endwar over at IGN. I have to say, that game just looks sicker and sicker every time I see something new.

Quote:

Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Sucks View Post
Clancy trailers always look good.. like movies... the games.. not so much.
Meh, everything I've read about it sounds great too. I'd also say several of the Rainbow Six games have been decent to good (although none I'd consider "great"). I'd also consider Ghost Recon to be a good series of games.

Quote:

Old 03-23-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Meh, I like games that are a little more "tactical" and realistic, ie you actually have to take cover once in awhile and you'd rather not let the enemy know you're coming.

Quote:

Old 03-23-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont get Rainbow Six Vegas but so far Ive heard the graphics are awful but the game is fun. These are from people who have played it on the PS3 that are on my friends list.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I wont get Rainbow Six Vegas but so far Ive heard the graphics are awful but the game is fun. These are from people who have played it on the PS3 that are on my friends list.
I was going to trade in 4 of my PS2 games for it a Blockbuster, but they were sold out when I got down there. I probably wouldn't pay for it, since I have other games I want that should be coming out soon, but if I can get it basically for free, I might still consider picking it up. But I've heard that the framerate can be pretty bad at times, and despite how fun the online play is, it's difficult to actually connect.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-23-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did GTA IV get pushed back again? I thought I heard it did, but according to EB Games it is due out April 28th. That would be awesome.

I know not everyone is the Metal Gear fan that I am, but this is a must get in my opinion:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=270209
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it ships in June huh? I might just have to get myself a PS3 for the summer.

I just reserved myself a copy of GTAIV at EB Games.....it better not have been pushed back a day later.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how to get the bundle with GTA 4? and is it only at Bestbuy?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...01&catid=24362
Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, it looks like nobody freakin has the 80 GB PS3 anymore. I wanted to pick one up before GTA4 comes out. The Metal Gear Solid thing doesn't come out until June.. that's a good month after GTA4 comes out, and I just can't wait that long!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
So, it looks like nobody freakin has the 80 GB PS3 anymore. I wanted to pick one up before GTA4 comes out. The Metal Gear Solid thing doesn't come out until June.. that's a good month after GTA4 comes out, and I just can't wait that long!
If I was you I would get the 60 GB. It the best system then the 20, 40, or 88 GB.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
If I was you I would get the 60 GB. It the best system then the 20, 40, or 88 GB.
Yeah, I heard the 60 was the best, but that one was discontinued too. I don't really want to make a big purchase like that over EBay, either, so...

Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Yeah, I heard the 60 was the best, but that one was discontinued too. I don't really want to make a big purchase like that over EBay, either, so...
have you tried sites like Kijiji or criagslist? you find the ps3 near your area and you go pick it up, and pay the person face to face.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do PS3s break down as much as Xbox 360s? My 360 broke a while ago, and my friends broke today. I'm thinking about converting.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Do PS3s break down as much as Xbox 360s? My 360 broke a while ago, and my friends broke today. I'm thinking about converting.
Ive only had my ps3 for about 3 months but i have yet to have a problem(knocks on wood) lol. I play almost everynight. the only problem i had is I bought assiassan creed and it wouldnt read but it was the disc and not the console. So i havent had any problem yet but lucky i have a 2 year warrenty on it from Best Buy. It cost 80$ for it but i figured it was worth it.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^those warranties are never worth it....$80 is a complete scam.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Ive only had my ps3 for about 3 months but i have yet to have a problem(knocks on wood) lol. I play almost everynight. the only problem i had is I bought assiassan creed and it wouldnt read but it was the disc and not the console. So i havent had any problem yet but lucky i have a 2 year warrenty on it from Best Buy. It cost 80$ for it but i figured it was worth it.
Thanks, man. Anyone else have any problems?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I haven't had any problems and I've had mine for over a year now. I think the ps3's failure rate is at, or less then 1%.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Does anyone know how to get the bundle with GTA 4? and is it only at Bestbuy?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...01&catid=24362
that's pretty cool, and only costs 30 bucks extra... however, I don't want to be a total geek walking into the locker room with a gta4 duffel bag.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I was going to trade in 4 of my PS2 games for it a Blockbuster, but they were sold out when I got down there. I probably wouldn't pay for it, since I have other games I want that should be coming out soon, but if I can get it basically for free, I might still consider picking it up. But I've heard that the framerate can be pretty bad at times, and despite how fun the online play is, it's difficult to actually connect.
I love RSV, and the graphics in 2 are better then the previous one, but aren't on the same level as CoD4. I love the gameplay, the realism with the cover, and the tactical aspect and such. And to help crack down on campers, they added bullet penetration. However, like you said, the connectivity right now is ********. It's almost impossible to connect to games, and when you do, it's probably laggy. They are said to be working on a patch to fix this, but it pisses me off that they are too cheap to buy some dedicated servers so people can have fun, lag free game play.