Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thinking about starting a thread for NCAA 08 Online Dynasty for the PS3, but I don't feel the need to do so unless I get at least 6-10 interested people.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:52 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, I got a late question about MGS4. I haven't bought it yet and the reason was because, many people said you have to know the storyline of MGS to understand MGS4, and I never played MGS1, 2, or 3. Would that mean the MGS4 storyline would make no sense to me? I know its a great game and I was crazy about it but could someone please gimmie some feedback, thanks.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought a PS3 to be my DVD/blu-ray player. I have no intention of buying games for it.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I am thinking about starting a thread for NCAA 08 Online Dynasty for the PS3, but I don't feel the need to do so unless I get at least 6-10 interested people.
When are you playing on starting it?

I went to blockbuster to rent it but they didn't have it, and I have college hoops 2k7 and I play it all the time. Is it a good game?(NCAA 08)
Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Hey, I got a late question about MGS4. I haven't bought it yet and the reason was because, many people said you have to know the storyline of MGS to understand MGS4, and I never played MGS1, 2, or 3. Would that mean the MGS4 storyline would make no sense to me? I know its a great game and I was crazy about it but could someone please gimmie some feedback, thanks.
I am a huge MGS fan, but I have regretfully haven't played MGS4 yet, so I can't really say if the latest version explains the previous story at all. Pretty sure it does, but I'm not sure in what detail. But I can tell you that the series has always had a pretty vague and sometimes confusing story. MGS2 being the biggest culprit. So in my opinion it would of been better to have played the previous games just for story sake. Not trying to discourage you from buying it all, if you really want to play it, by all means get it. I mean I haven't finished a game in the series and came out disappointed. But prior knowledge of the story and the characters would probably let you appreciate MGS4 a bit more. Konami released a collectors edition with MGS1-3 for 29.99 a couple months ago, just for people who want to know the backstory. But I'm pretty sure if you don't want to invest in a PS2 (Is the PS3 backwards comapaitable?), if you don't already have one, you can probably find a detailed story and time line of the the whole thing around the web somewhere.

If anything get a copy of the original MGS, since it's pretty much the greatest game ever to be devised by the human mind.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
In all honesty, you'll probably love the gameplay and be completely lost in the story. The storyline from MGS 1, 2, and 3 is simply much too convoluted for them to summarize it in 4.

You should just play the originals, and then you'll have a much much greater appreciation for MGS4 and the greatest video game character ever created.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently there have been some issues with the new update for PS3, however I have not had any... anyone here have any issues with the new update? I personally love how you can now access the title screen while you are in game.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
NeoJenova

The issues with the new update are not as widespread as previously thought.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, I need some help here. How easy is the transition from PS2 to PS3. I play basically just sports games(NB live, madden, NCAA, MLB, NHL). I dont think PS2 memory cards or controllers can be used on PS3(not really a big deal with the memory card). Does PS3 need a memory card? is live play free? just asking and wondring if I shouldl go to PS3(yea, I know I'm a bit behind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 07-06-2008 at 02:10 PM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a hard drive so everything is stored on there. But if you want to bring over a saved franchise to your friends house you still can with a usb drive. Online is free, and they constantly make improvements/adjustments to it so it is pretty good. It is a pretty smooth transition. Do you have an HDTV?

Last edited by Eaglez.Fan : 07-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
It is a hard drive so everything is stored on there. But if you want to bring over a saved franchise to your friends house you still can with a usb drive. Online is free, and they constantly make improvements/adjustments to it so it is pretty good. It is a pretty smooth transition. Do you have an HDTV? and also would you use wireless internet or the ethernet cable.
ok, but I wouldn't be able to bring my PS2 games and saved stuff to PS3? And I've got wifi, so that'd be pretty cool. I don't have an HDTV. I just don't know if I shoul get one or not. Everything does seem so much better and with the new games really coming out(NCAA 09, madden, NBA live, NHL) I would just buy them for PS3 instead of PS2 when they came out.

I'd still need to buy new controllers though, right? Are all PS3 controllers wireless?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ok, but I wouldn't be able to bring my PS2 games and saved stuff to PS3? And I've got wifi, so that'd be pretty cool. I don't have an HDTV. I just don't know if I shoul get one or not. Everything does seem so much better and with the new games really coming out(NCAA 09, madden, NBA live, NHL) I would just buy them for PS3 instead of PS2 when they came out.

I'd still need to buy new controllers though, right? Are all PS3 controllers wireless?
All of the controllers are wireless but to charge them you need to attach a USB cord to it (comes with one). One controller comes with the system. I doubt there is a way to bring the ps2 memory data to the ps3, but I hope you wouldn't be playing mainly ps2 games on your ps3...

And some ps3's do play ps2 game, like the 60 gb does but I'm not sure about the newer ones. Check-out the 40 and 80 GB's which they are selling now and see if it can, I'm not sure.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
All of the controllers are wireless but to charge them you need to attach a USB cord to it (comes with one). One controller comes with the system. I doubt there is a way to bring the ps2 memory data to the ps3, but I hope you wouldn't be playing mainly ps2 games on your ps3...

And some ps3's do play ps2 game, like the 60 gb does but I'm not sure about the newer ones. Check-out the 40 and 80 GB's which they are selling now and see if it can, I'm not sure.
It'd just be my mega MLB 08 the show Franchise with other guys, but I think if I've got enough $$$, I can keep my PS2 and that memory card for a while and sell it later. It sounds like a pretty easy transition. Actually, I've got some un-opened PS2 controllers I could probably sell back to the store and get $$$ for a PS3 controller and maybe some $$$ towards PS3 itself.

So live play is free, I can use my wifi on it, I don't need to buy memory cards? Sounds pretty damn good.

Why'd you ask if I had an HDTV before? does it matter?
Quote:
Old 07-06-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
Why'd you ask if I had an HDTV before? does it matter?
Well the PS3 doesn't touch it's potential on a standard definition TV, but you don't need to buy an HDMI cable so it's all good.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Well the PS3 doesn't touch it's potential on a standard definition TV, but you don't need to buy an HDMI cable so it's all good.
ok. it's a pretty nice TV for non-HD. One of the last made before HD really. I think you've put me over the top to go out and buy on this week.

Also when's NCAA 09 come out? Is it out so I could pick it up with ps3 like tomorrow?
Quote:
Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
ok. it's a pretty nice TV for non-HD. One of the last made before HD really. I think you've put me over the top to go out and buy on this week.

Also when's NCAA 09 come out? Is it out so I could pick it up with ps3 like tomorrow?
Nah it comes out the 15th/16th. Can't wait.

BTW I got a PS3 a few weeks ago, Name is J33zydaLion. Games I play are usually Call Of Duty and Battlefield.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so if you have a hd tv and wanna get a ps3 how come you dont need to buy the hd cables?
Old 07-06-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
so if you have a hd tv and wanna get a ps3 how come you dont need to buy the hd cables?
he means because he doesn't have an HDTV he doesn't have to spend extra on the cables...if you have one, you don't need the HD cables but you should

and I believe either there is or I read something that said there is a USB connector for PS3 that you can plug in your PS2 memory cards to transfer the data, but I'm not positive on that...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
he means because he doesn't have an HDTV he doesn't have to spend extra on the cables...if you have one, you don't need the HD cables but you should

and I believe either there is or I read something that said there is a USB connector for PS3 that you can plug in your PS2 memory cards to transfer the data, but I'm not positive on that...
alright so i need 2 buy the hd cables if i want to get the benefit of the tv?

and ya there is an adapoter for ps2 memory card

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=64038
Old 07-06-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Yeah, if you have an HDTV and a PS3 you should get one for sure. But just get the cheapest one they're all pretty much the same anyways.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, you DO need to buy an HDMI cable if you have an HDTV. He said he didn't have one.
oh, yes, I was mistaken sorry...you need the HDMI cable for HD TV just like you need the normal cable for a normal TV
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, you DO need to buy an HDMI cable if you have an HDTV. He said he didn't have one.
i was asking b/c since i have an hdtv and want to get a ps3 if i need them or not
Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scotty, if you buy the memory card adapter you can transfer all your PS2 saves right on to the PS3's hard drive. It's about $15 and it's a fairly simple process. I currently have all four of my PS2 memory cards stored on my PS3's hard drive. The one disadvantage is that any new progress you save onto the hard drive can't be put back onto a memory card to be played on PS2. But if you're going to eventually sell the PS2, that shouldn't be a problem.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
scotty, if you buy the memory card adapter you can transfer all your PS2 saves right on to the PS3's hard drive. It's about $15 and it's a fairly simple process. I currently have all four of my PS2 memory cards stored on my PS3's hard drive. The one disadvantage is that any new progress you save onto the hard drive can't be put back onto a memory card to be played on PS2. But if you're going to eventually sell the PS2, that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks PL. I don't really have much. They're a bunch of old memory cards that I erase stuff off with each year of games.(replacing Madden 07 files wih 08 etc). The whole transfer seems very easy. Correct me if I'm wrong but: Free live play, no memory cards(idk how much memory), pretty cheap ability to bring PS2 stuff over, and can use my wifi on it. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I think you guys(mainly Eaglez Fan and PL) pushed me over the edge to buy one. From what I've seen, at Best Buy they're $400. That about average price for one, or should I look around for better deal? (I've got reward points probably for Best Buy and 2 PS2 controllers can return, I'll probably keep one extra just in case until I sell PS2)
Quote:
Old 07-06-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will sign up for the dynasty if one is made. I will use one of Virginia Tech., Pittsburgh, Texas Tech, or Colorado. Probably will do a dynasty with one of each of them.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 07-06-2008 at 04:35 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote