Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Looks like God of War's less cool cousin. I may try it one day...that chicks voice was annoying the hell out of me in the trailers, though. I havent been able to even find a copy in stores, though.

On a different note...I'm not really of fan of Littlebigplanet's story mode thus far, pretty boring. I still dont have the creator tool yet...so, I'm sure that is when I'll start to like it. Then I have to figure out how to get the god of war package. Oh yes.
You get the creator tools from doing all the stupid tutorials. The story mode gets better about half way through.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
how about the MGS package?
It's downloadable content only as far as I know. I believe God of War is the same, although I'm not sure about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You get the creator tools from doing all the stupid tutorials. The story mode gets better about half way through.
I liked story mode from about the Frida's wedding section on.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I liked story mode from about the Frida's wedding section on.
Yeah, I think thats where I started really enjoying it as well. I also did almost the whole thing co-op with a friend though. We would replay levels over and over because we would mess each other up. Nothing better than slapping someone into a pit of spikes or pulling them off the ledge with you. What is your psn id? Mine is thenrk.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just beat Mirror's Edge...pretty fun game, got better as it went along, but pretty short. It is fun to mess around though.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So I just beat Mirror's Edge...pretty fun game, got better as it went along, but pretty short. It is fun to mess around though.
Haha, that's what I'm playing right now. I'm chapter 6 I think.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

My PS3 has for the second day, shut itself down.

Like its on then later it shuts down and then the little light to the right of the console isnt even there.

Any solutions?

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

New Killzone 2 videos

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44145.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44150.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44159.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44155.html

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I just remembered that I have beaten MGS4 on every difficulty except big boss hard. I am kind of afraid to try.

The game doesn't have any trophies. Which is weird and kind of sucks.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you try for trophies BB or anyone else for that matter?

I have 2 platinums (COD5, Uncharted: Drakes fortune) and GTA at 76% (need 2 trophies, Wanted and Auf Wiedersehen Pertovic) and also Blitz 2 the league at 71% (need 8 trophies)

I have 187 total

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

I have 2 platinums (COD5, Uncharted: Drakes fortune) and GTA at 76% (need 2 trophies, Wanted and Auf Wiedersehen Pertovic) and also Blitz 2 the league at 71% (need 8 trophies)

I have 187 total
First time through I usually just play without getting distracted by them...that makes stumbling upon them much more enjoyable.

If I do go through again, I'll take a look and maybe shoot for some.

I just noticed that MGS4 doesn't have any!

I think I only have a few in all, then again, I don't have too many PS3 games.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

I have 187 total
I didn't even realize what they were at first. I was playing Resistance 2, and it kept giving me trophies I thought it was just for the game. Then started playing Mirror's Edge, and it would give me trophies. I don't even know what trophies to go for, so when I get them I'm just like ok whatever.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I just remembered that I have beaten MGS4 on every difficulty except big boss hard. I am kind of afraid to try.

I believe it actually does, but you have to have 100% completion of everything. It's a platinum trophy as far as I know.

Quote:

Old 01-11-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big trophy or achievements (360) kind of guy. They're there to increase replay value but, I def. think some people get so crazy about them, that it actually brings down the fun factor of the game in a lot of cases. These little "awards" are all people care about these days in seems. Too much obssessing over them, especially on the 360 and they're completely pointless in the long run.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:35 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking of this idea for Madden and then I started thinking of this for MLB 09, what if there is an online league in which you take a team and you can trade players with other users' teams and bid on players during the offseason for players to be on your team. Also you can raise your yearly income but doing things during the offseason, what ever that may be, to increase your chances of landing one or some of the big named free agents. Also there could be a draft where you can load the rosters from an college game that someone had save so you can draft some 'real' prospects, of course this wouldn't work for MLB 09 but you can still have the draft with fake prospects.

They can get rid of the offline version, if the want to, and add lobbies for the online league where people can see the league and how much you need to fill it up and stuff. Many people don't use the offline version but if the online one had that info that I wrote at the top plus you get wins for your online record, I think it could be a great addition to a sports game.

thoughts?

Last edited by PACKmanN : 01-11-2009 at 03:42 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would they scrap the offline version of the game? That doesnt make any sense. As wide spread as online gaming has become, just about everyone plays offline. A lot of companies are giving too much love to the online apect and in turn, hurting the offline experience (example: Left 4 Dead or any other short campaign out there) but, it will never come to the point where all gaming is done online.

Just a random thought...but, nothing makes me madder than online co-op only. Has to be the dumbest feature ever...gamers do actually have real life friends you know. ha. I hate the encouraging of online gaming...instead of the traditional playing w/ a friend actually by your side, in your own house. geez. So lame. We need more offline co-op games. Offline multiplayer in general, really.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-11-2009, 03:56 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would they scrap the offline version of the game? That doesnt make any sense. As wide spread as online gaming has become, just about everyone plays offline. A lot of companies are giving too much love to the online apect and in turn, hurting the offline experience (example: Left 4 Dead or any other short campaign out there) but, it will never come to the point where all gaming is done online.

Just a random thought...but, nothing makes me madder than online co-op only. Has to be the dumbest feature ever...gamers do actually have real life friends you know. ha. I hate the encouraging of online gaming...instead of the traditional playing w/ a friend actually by your side, in your own house. geez. So lame. We need more offline co-op games. Offline multiplayer in general, really.
no, I'm not talking about the entire offline, just the offline league/season thing.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
no, I'm not talking about the entire offline, just the offline league/season thing.
Not sure i follow exactly, like Franchise mode in Madden? That would just be a bad idea. Everyone I know has their own offline Franchises along w/ all the leagues and ranked matches, w/e online. Also, simming offline franchises with a friend or even solo is some of the most fun one can have in Madden for the fantasy fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-11-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Not sure i follow exactly, like Franchise mode in Madden? That would just be a bad idea. Everyone I know has their own offline Franchises along w/ all the leagues and ranked matches, w/e online. Also, simming offline franchises with a friend or even solo is some of the most fun one can have in Madden for the fantasy fan.
yeah, i said they could take it off, but I think an online version of it would be great.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
yeah, i said they could take it off, but I think an online version of it would be great.
Yeah, they need a good online franchise mode but, they dont need to take out the offline to do that. See NCAA 09. It'd be tough to do in the show, though. Nearly impossible to get through a full online season in MLB. I'd probably be game, though but, if it was a 162 game schedule, i would never finish.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-11-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Madden 09, can you edit your team's uniforms, stadiums, and locations, etc in Franchise mode? Or can you only do that with create a team?

Also, does NCAA 09 have create a team in it?

And I have another idea for NCAA for PS3. They should allow you to build/renovate current stadiums, get new uniforms, etc. with approval by the administration or something. So if the program is doing well, you get the money from the school, but if the program is failing, you don't get squat. I also think it'd be a good idea if they let you choose what type of equipment to buy and such. Hell, maybe something like Riddle equipment helps durability, but adams helps agility. And the better the program is doing, the better the equipment you could be.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 01-11-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If it's like the 360's version...you can move a team to another location in franchise mode. In doing so...creating potentially a new stadium, logo, and uniforms. You can do this in the off-season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I bought Folklore, it's a very fun action game. You absorb your enemies' souls and use them as attacks. Good art and interesting style of telling the story. I'm surprised it was so overlooked.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for Street Fighter IV.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post

If you beat it on The Boss Extreme, then there is nothing to worry about.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote