Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-07-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was 50/50 on that game. I really hate the controls for the game though.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I was 50/50 on that game. I really hate the controls for the game though.
Is it the same as RE4? If so, I'll really like it. I love the camera angle and I don't think the controls are that complicated.

Also, has anyone played Dead Space? I just downloaded the demo and it feels kinda different and actually somewhat challenging when fighting enemies.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Is it the same as RE4? If so, I'll really like it. I love the camera angle and I don't think the controls are that complicated.

Also, has anyone played Dead Space? I just downloaded the demo and it feels kinda different and actually somewhat challenging when fighting enemies.
I love the RE4 controls. Most games have you run and shoot but in reality, you're not going to hit **** like that. Having to avoid the zombies and getting in a good spot to shoot is what RE is about. The RE5 Demo is excellent. I've played quite a bit. It's awesome that they added co-op.

I have Dead Space, it's a fun game. One of the first weapons you get shoots out a lazer in a line. Makes it easy to shoot off limbs and makes the game kind of easy. I found it more fun on the hardest difficulty.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I love the RE4 controls. Most games have you run and shoot but in reality, you're not going to hit **** like that. Having to avoid the zombies and getting in a good spot to shoot is what RE is about. The RE5 Demo is excellent. I've played quite a bit. It's awesome that they added co-op.

I have Dead Space, it's a fun game. One of the first weapons you get shoots out a lazer in a line. Makes it easy to shoot off limbs and makes the game kind of easy. I found it more fun on the hardest difficulty.
Co-op for RE5 should be amazing.

And that's something I really like about Dead Space, they say body shots don't do much so you actually have to aim to take out limbs and stuff. That way, you can't just shoot wherever you want, you actually have to aim. The demo is pretty limited, but it's pretty action packed.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-07-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the RE5 demo, you just have to get used to not moving and shooting at the same time. KZ2 and RE5 in the next month is pretty sweet.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Dead Space is all about the limbs and the head. There arent even that many "real" guns...most of the time, you'll be using these laser rock cutter deals, they're mining tools. Love that game. I still get the urge to play it every now and then...gotta buy it one day, even though I beat it already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap I might bust a nut the day Heavy Rain comes out. I just can't wait.

Oh and this is a long time in the future, but you guys should check out Rag Doll Kung Fu. It's like going to be the cool version of SSB for PS3. Another one that's cool is Fat Princess, but I think that comes out before.

I don't know about RE5 though. I've never played any of the games, but it just seems so slow to me. Like sometimes you have zombies standing right next to you not doing anything it seems. And I was told by a friend at least in RE4 like, if you had money for upgrades on guns, that was basically everything because then it was way easier to kill them. I don't know. It seems like I'd have just as much fun playing Night Of The Dead in an arcade, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone has some notes on gameplay or whatever or maybe can compare it to a game that'd be cool.

I also pre-ordered my SFIV Collector's Edition which I think is well worth the extra 30 bucks. Can't wait for that. I guess I ordered it right before Gamestop stopped taking pre-orders on the CE too which is cool.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I don't know about RE5 though. I've never played any of the games, but it just seems so slow to me. Like sometimes you have zombies standing right next to you not doing anything it seems. And I was told by a friend at least in RE4 like, if you had money for upgrades on guns, that was basically everything because then it was way easier to kill them. I don't know. It seems like I'd have just as much fun playing Night Of The Dead in an arcade, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone has some notes on gameplay or whatever or maybe can compare it to a game that'd be cool.

Try mastering the controls (when you are done shooting, press back and X to do a quick 180 and then forward and x to sprint away and then set up for your next attack). Also increasing the aiming speed to FASTEST did a lot for me. Aim for the head or the knees to not waste ammo, and always blow up the gas tanks to take out a bunch of zombies at once (and it looks sweet). I think the controls combined with the amazing graphics and supposed 18 hrs of story make this a must buy.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

If there is honestly 18 hours of gameplay...I'm in love. After I play RE5, I will want to die because my life will be all downhill.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always talk about how I'm not a big FPS fan but, I love Resistance: Fall of Man. I've been playing it a lot the last couple of days. I'm really looking forward to the 2nd one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-12-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I thought the RE5 demo was terrible solo or co-op. Hated it, and think its a disgrace to the original RE and RE2.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think RE1 and RE2 were attempted movies with horrible gameplay.

To each his own.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I think RE1 and RE2 were attempted movies with horrible gameplay.

To each his own.
It was PS1 though....
Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
It was PS1 though....
What is your point?

Plenty of PS1 games have amazing gameplay.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
What is your point?

Plenty of PS1 games have amazing gameplay.
If RE5 was on PS1 it would be one of the worst games ever made. If RE1 was on PS3 it would have been one of the best games ever made.

Few influential factors for me: I like the old RE gameplay system compared to the new. I hate the new Camera (old wasn't much better) but I just hate the new camera. Two can't stand the button config. I think its too hard to bring up your equipment compared to the old game. Three, story line is getting worse and worse. Four, this isn't even a zombie game anymore. There are freaking drunk Hatians.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If RE5 was on PS1 it would be one of the worst games ever made. If RE1 was on PS3 it would have been one of the best games ever made.

Few influential factors for me: I like the old RE gameplay system compared to the new. I hate the new Camera (old wasn't much better) but I just hate the new camera. Two can't stand the button config. I think its too hard to bring up your equipment compared to the old game. Three, story line is getting worse and worse. Four, this isn't even a zombie game anymore. There are freaking drunk Hatians.
I disagree completely.

Resident Evil and Redident Evil 2 had clunky, slow, and plodding gameplay on the Playstation, and then again in the Gamecube remake. They chose the gameplay to be like that.

RE4 could not have been made on the PS1, so that is a mute point.

The new camera was praised by almost every critic. The over the shoulder look has been emulated in many games since.

The button config was unaccustomed at first but quickly grew on me.

They are part of a cult that has been infected by a virus. It's all related.

The only aspect I believe RE1 and maybe RE2 had over RE5 is the presence. It was very dark and effective.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:

1. I really enjoy the new camera, it's just like RE4 (which, based on your rants, I'm assuming you haven't played since RE5 is just like it). I think it's a lot better than the original, but to each his own.

2. I enjoy the new inventory because it's realistic and it's not just a pause menu where you can stop anytime to rearrange and switch weapons. However, I did enjoy the old where it was like a puzzle switching items around. Hopefully they might keep that?

3 and 4. They aren't supposed to be zombies. The story for 5 is about the origin of the T-Virus. The virus wasn't just created in some lab. It comes from Africa (not Haiti) where prolly Umbrella got the blood, then modified it to create the viruses. RE5 is like 10 years after RE1, with Chris Redfield searching for the origin and prolly how to stop the virus. So, it actually makes sense.

I agree, that the stories for 4 and 5 aren't as good as the originals. However, imo, the gameplay (not graphics) and atmosphere is more realistic and no "videogamey." The only thing I really hate is not being able to move while aiming. ******* pisses me off.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
1. I really enjoy the new camera, it's just like RE4 (which, based on your rants, I'm assuming you haven't played since RE5 is just like it). I think it's a lot better than the original, but to each his own.

2. I enjoy the new inventory because it's realistic and it's not just a pause menu where you can stop anytime to rearrange and switch weapons. However, I did enjoy the old where it was like a puzzle switching items around. Hopefully they might keep that?

3 and 4. They aren't supposed to be zombies. The story for 5 is about the origin of the T-Virus. The virus wasn't just created in some lab. It comes from Africa (not Haiti) where prolly Umbrella got the blood, then modified it to create the viruses. RE5 is like 10 years after RE1, with Chris Redfield searching for the origin and prolly how to stop the virus. So, it actually makes sense.

I agree, that the stories for 4 and 5 aren't as good as the originals. However, imo, the gameplay (not graphics) and atmosphere is more realistic and no "videogamey." The only thing I really hate is not being able to move while aiming. ******* pisses me off.
PS3 needs Left 4 Dead
Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I didn't like any of the Resident Evils other than 4 and I loved RE 5 demo. Hate the new camera? RE 1,2 cameras were ___TERRIBLE___. One of the worst cameras in a game I've played. You can switch the controls to a new config that allows you to strafe and shoot I believe. The equipment screen is easy, you can assign guns and herbs to the d-pad for quick switching (a lot of people don't know that). Eh, the story lines were never really great imo.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I bought Resistance 2 today cant wait to play later. Good stuff.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-14-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I bought Resistance 2 today cant wait to play later. Good stuff.
I'll play with you if you want to play multiplayer online. There is no co-op story mode anymore. My PSN thenrk.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone get SFIV yet? It's killing me that I can't play it for another month.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why cant you play it for another month? I picked it up the day after it came out, very damn good, controls are alright, though an arcade stick would be a good investment. Sounds are great, visually it is stunning. The backgrouns are vivid and always moving, the character models look alive, and respond relistically when they get hit (get punched in the gut, your face will be gasping for breath). It has a bit of a learner's curve, as anything above easy is just rape at times. Boss is also very cheesy as in any other games. A very good buy indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Why cant you play it for another month? I picked it up the day after it came out, very damn good, controls are alright, though an arcade stick would be a good investment. Sounds are great, visually it is stunning. The backgrouns are vivid and always moving, the character models look alive, and respond relistically when they get hit (get punched in the gut, your face will be gasping for breath). It has a bit of a learner's curve, as anything above easy is just rape at times. Boss is also very cheesy as in any other games. A very good buy indeed
So that I wouldn't just mindlessly play games all day instead of giving minimal effort on assignments, I decided to leave my PS3 back home across the US. So, I can't play it until Spring Break.

And actually, if you want a cheaper investment that's better than that MadCatz fight pad, go online and buy yourself a SEGA Saturn usb controller. Only the PS3 is compatible with them. Not too bad. Something like $24. I'd do it quick though because I'm fairly sure all of the PS3 owners are starting to buy them out.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
SF IV is awesome. I have it for 360 though. Sagat, Zangief, and Bison are pretty ridiculous. Good thing I used Hugo in Third Strike and I get to use Zangief again :D. Just unlocked all the other characters and I've decided Gouken is going to be my character for mismatches. Hes pretty neat, hes like Ryu + Akuma along with his own style.

Sig by Hitman D.