Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna wait til Prototype comes out and see which game is reviewed better, Infamous or Prototype then I'll make my decision from there cause I don't have the money to buy two games.
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I am going to be buying a PS3 in June or July. I just don't know whether to get the smaller gb or the bigger gb with the game included. I won't be using it for anything other than game saves. I play Madden mainly...what would some of you guys reccomend?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reccomend the bigger one. I didn't think I would need so much extra space with the 60 G instead of the 20 G, but I'm thankful I went with the 60 G. I only play games on mine, and the space you use accumulates quickly. I only have around 20 G left of free space on my PS3. The other 40 G is all previous game files from the past 2 years. (Note, I did share it with my brother for a while).

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Heavy Rain gameplay footage.

I'm not exactly blown away like I was expected to be but, I still want it. But after that tech demo some time ago and that old trailer, I expected a lot more when it comes to the actual looks and acting out of the characters. Still looks good, though. It's not for everyone. I think the detectives mouth creeps me out when he talks. lol.

edit...

here is some more videos for some more info.

Info on characters.

Info on how the game progresses and multiple main character death.

9 minute interview w/ creator, David Cage. Gameplay footage intertwined.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having a tough time deciding if I want to buy infamous. The demo was so BA, but I think it might get boring quick. I just want to find a game to hold me till madden. I'm not sure if NHL 09 and The Show can make it that long lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who hates those Quick Time Events? Those "Press O as fast you can" stuff.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Am I the only one who hates those Quick Time Events? Those "Press O as fast you can" stuff.
No...I hate those too. Last mission on GTA, wasn't paying attention, died because I didn't notice I was supposed to be pressing square. I was pissed lol

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I acually like QTEs in cut scenes...like Shenmue or Resident Evil. Even the Bourne Conspiracy had them. I like the interactivity in cut scenes. After playing the Bourne game and then going on to play Wolverine, it was weird not having the QTEs during the cut scenes.

But this is completely different. It's just like Indigo Prophecy, which I love. But I'd agree that you really shouldnt base an entire game off of QTEs, you're always going to want to do more. It's more like a playable movie than an actual game. Like I said, it's not for everyone and I honestly dont think it's going to be a major seller because of this or atleast we'll probably see lots of copies of Heavy Rain returned to the store, I bet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-24-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Just bought the UFC game
Its soo sick
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else have a chance to play the inFAMOUS demo? I thought it was quite awesome and will certainly be picking it up tomorrow, or Tuesday, whenever it hits the streets.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks View Post
Just bought the UFC game
Its soo sick
I played the demo and the controls are so intricate, its gotta take some getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

MAG is going to be the best game ever and I'm not joking
Old 05-24-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I played the demo and the controls are so intricate, its gotta take some getting used to.
Yeah. I think thats what makes it fun. You dont get to just push triangle, x, circle and square. It actually takes some skill.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks View Post
Just bought the UFC game
Its soo sick
I know that the game looks awesome! I wondered how it was...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well looks like my jealousy for ps3 owners just multiplied.

The countdown was updated 15 minutes ago.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well looks like my jealousy for ps3 owners just multiplied.

The countdown was updated 15 minutes ago.
What website did you look up to find this? It looks like another round of discovery facts about Big Boss.

Also, played the inFAMOUS demo, and it is definitely worth a buy, maybe I'll wait a bit to see if I can get a good deal.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

Kojima has been teasing fans with obscure letters and numbers the past couple weeks, but this was the first time the countdown showed something definitive.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

inFamous is now at the top of my list for games I want.

I just played the demo and it was so incredibly fun.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yea, the game is great. Picked it up with the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta. It surprised me how quick you can die but whatever I'll get used to it. Is anyone else having trouble moving the the camera angles like me.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Getting Killzone 2 next week...let me know if anyone has it/wants to play sometime.

PSN: americone_dream

I'm pretty sure that is how I wrote my ID, will check tomorrow.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

I bumped this up because someone decided they were too lazy to look for it

Quote:
Old 06-01-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
The Hat On Miles Head
Rookie

The Hat On Miles Head smells like sex panther.The Hat On Miles Head smells like sex panther.

i literally searched "Official Play station 3 thread" then realized the gap between Play and station was the reason..

They def set up a sequel for Infamous. Just started my "infamous" game after doing "Hero".
The Hat On Miles Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
I am going to be buying a PS3 in June or July. I just don't know whether to get the smaller gb or the bigger gb with the game included. I won't be using it for anything other than game saves. I play Madden mainly...what would some of you guys reccomend?
Get the 80, you should be good with that.

Last edited by Hitman D : 06-01-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh how I wish I had Infamous...I won't even have the cash to get Prototype right away, and I've been waiting for it for years. :(

My boredom and lack of funds is making me want to put Assassin's Creed in the 360, I havent played it in so long.

Oh and Christian Troy for the win. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-01-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont know what you like exactly AJ but, Uncharted is a must. There are some real solid exclusive titles...I would also suggest Resistance 1 +2 and MGS4.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS