Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wow, Smokey, that blows.

Now my HDMI cable going out on me and my display settings being all messed up don't seem that bad...
just press down on the power button for 5 seconds and everything resets to default.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
just press down on the power button for 5 seconds and everything resets to default.
I've done that, and it's not working. I've done it before when switching from HD to normal and vice-versa, and it works. However, it isn't working now. The display is to big for the TV, so parts get cut off. I've tried going into display settings, but I have no idea what to do because nothing I've done has worked.

I'm going to switch TVs to see if it's something like that, but idk.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I might have found some good news... I have a receipt from my original purchase and it turns out I did purchase a product return plan. However, I have no idea how long it lasts. If it last 3 years or longer, I think I might be safe. However, if it is less than 3 years, FML.

I have no idea how to find out how long it lasts though... should I call and see?
Dude, yeah call them up. I mean you don't lose nothing in asking, and the worst that can happen is that you have to pay $150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you gamestop, why in **** did I pay 70 bucks for a PRP that only lasted a year??? What the **** was I thinking??? **** YOU GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** you gamestop, why in **** did I pay 70 bucks for a PRP that only lasted a year??? What the **** was I thinking??? **** YOU GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That **** sucks. Well what I would advise you to do is see if there are any local game shops and see if they do console repairs. It might wind up cheaper for all you know.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I'm thinking about doing some manual fixes that I find online... since my warranty is already expired, it shouldn't matter if I break the warranty seal, right?

Old 06-20-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

if you break the warranty seal though professional comapanies may not work on em

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just wait and buy another PS3 if I were you (unless you want the refurbished one). They're going to have a price cut this year I think.

But man. My summer is about to get wasted away on Fight Night.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I'm gonna preform surgery on my baby. No way am I spending 150 bucks (plus taxes) for a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty (they won't give out extended warranties).

I've found some really good tips online, so wish me luck.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm gonna preform surgery on my baby. No way am I spending 150 bucks (plus taxes) for a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty (they won't give out extended warranties).

Good luck. If it fails, there will hopefully be a pricecut later this year. Activision has said they might have to stop supporting the PS3 in the future if there is no price cut.

Quote:
“They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates [the number of games each console owner buys] are likely to slow. If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony.” Ask when and he says: “When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console — and the PSP [portable] too.”
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...=1245400825888

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:

Its either going to be a good result or you got yourself a 30 pound paperweight. Good luck dude

Quote:
Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

There will be a price cut this year but not anytime soon. I'd say around the fall.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, you spent $70 on a return plan... That's nearly half the refurbished PS3 price. Clearly you don't value money. Good luck on the surgery though.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman D View Post
There will be a price cut this year but not anytime soon. I'd say around the fall.
Rumor of a $100 price cut in August.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ps3-...ped-for-august

Less then two months isn't that bad of a wait.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn, I feel ya man. My warranty expired and my broke as well a while back. I found some idiot on craigslist who gave me 140 bucks for it (since it was broken) and I just bought me a new one. Go to target next time you buy, they have a great 3 year warranty, I think it was 50 bucks, maybe lower. NEVER go to gamestop for anything, they give you little store credit, crappy warranties and they just suck. GameCrazy >>>> GameStop.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Damn, I feel ya man. My warranty expired and my broke as well a while back. I found some idiot on craigslist who gave me 140 bucks for it (since it was broken) and I just bought me a new one. Go to target next time you buy, they have a great 3 year warranty, I think it was 50 bucks, maybe lower. NEVER go to gamestop for anything, they give you little store credit, crappy warranties and they just suck. GameCrazy >>>> GameStop.
I know, I love GameCrazy.... but when I bought the PS3 (it was about 2-3 months after the launch), the one Gamestop near me was the only place that had it.

When/if I buy a new one, I'll definitely check out target. I'm thinking about writing sony a letter about how pissed I am at them. Maybe they'll send me a free gift to keep me a customer.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Well, you spent $70 on a return plan... That's nearly half the refurbished PS3 price. Clearly you don't value money. Good luck on the surgery though.
I was only 15 or 16 at the time and I went with my dad, and my dad said I should purchase the plan, not realizing the system comes with it's own 1 year warranty. If I ever buy another return plan, especially from gamestop, I'm gonna purposely break whatever it is about a month before it runs out just to cost them money.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Rumor of a $100 price cut in August.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ps3-...ped-for-august

Less then two months isn't that bad of a wait.
That's good to hear. I probably won't buy another one until after JuCo though.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I am in the market to buy one, want it now...but not sure if I want to get it this week/next month or the next. I am tired of waiting around for a price cut.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Just get it now. Go to Walmart and get the bundle that comes with MLB The Show & Quantum Of Solace. If you don't want that game, sell it to gamestop and use that credit for one you want.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

New plan:

Call sony again tomorrow and ***** at them until they either replace my system with a brand new one, give me an extended warranty on a refurbished one, or give me the refurbished one for free.

If worst comes to worst, I'll cry.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
New plan:

Call sony again tomorrow and ***** at them until they either replace my system with a brand new one, give me an extended warranty on a refurbished one, or give me the refurbished one for free.

If worst comes to worst, I'll cry.
That may be the biggest time waster in human history, no chance Sony even remotely budges. I say you should go down to gamestop or even better a sony style store and take the employees their hostage, and use them as leverage to give you a new PS3.

BTW, I should ask this, did you leave your PS3 on for obscene hours, like either playing or downloading something?

Quote:
Old 06-23-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
That may be the biggest time waster in human history, no chance Sony even remotely budges. I say you should go down to gamestop or even better a sony style store and take the employees their hostage, and use them as leverage to give you a new PS3.

BTW, I should ask this, did you leave your PS3 on for obscene hours, like either playing or downloading something?
Nope. I would play 2-3 hours every other day, but otherwise, it was off in a well ventilated area. However, the night it did break, I was downloading the NCAA demo, and it just shut off half way through.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Nope. I would play 2-3 hours every other day, but otherwise, it was off in a well ventilated area. However, the night it did break, I was downloading the NCAA demo, and it just shut off half way through.
Hmm...yeah I heard the leaving on the system for too long causes some damage, may be the reason. IDK, I'm trying to care for my system cause I bought it second hand and i have no idea how it was treated before hand

Quote:
Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Well I made the purchase, I bought the 160 GB with Uncharted this week. Looks great so far. :)

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote