Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, still don't have NHL 10. Stuck playing NHL 08 right now :/
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
hmmm. I've been tracking it the last few days. It's not really my style of game but, I may rent it before maybe buying it. I dont think I have time for a game like that. I heard it was insanely long.

Fallout 3 took me some 60 hours and I was pretty drained after that.
This one's about 40 to play straight through, but has +, ++, +++, etc. replays. The online sounds really cool.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's one thing I didnt look up. What is the online all about? Is it supposed to be Fable 2 like? Or like deathmatches and such?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's one thing I didnt look up. What is the online all about? Is it supposed to be Fable 2 like? Or like deathmatches and such?
Just from what I've read:

-Players can find messages on the ground containing hints and advice that other players have left.

-Players can find bloodstains where other players have died, and view how their deaths occurred.

-Co-operative play allows three players to team up and play through different levels in the game.

-In competitive play, a player can force themselves into another player's adventure and play as their opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. I still dont have online play, though. But it's still pretty interesting. I'll def. rent it, whenever i get a chance. I'd have to buy it, if I wanted to beat it, though...if it's 40+.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fifa 2010 looks sick, but im still leaning toward getting PES 2010.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I played Indigo Prophecy again about a week ago. And am now really itching to play David Cage's new game, Heavy Rain, more than ever. If you're interesting in Heavy Rain, you guys should really give Indigo Prophecy a shot, since it's in the same mold, just last gen. They dont make em like that. haha. I absolutely love that game. It gets a little corn ball late in the game but, it's just fantastic. I had a good ole time replaying the game for the first time, in a long ass time. It's an amazing experience, even the 2nd time around. Great sound track as well. Now, they're going to try and build on what they created in the interactive movie genre, in Heavy Rain. I wish their were more games like this. More interactivity would be nice, outside of the quick time events, but, it's going to amazing regardless. I cant wait.

Long post. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-06-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Fifa 2010 looks sick, but im still leaning toward getting PES 2010.
PES sucks, trust me get Fifa!

I've been a PES fanboy for too long now. The best one they made was 4 years ago, they've done nothing to it since apart from make it worse. Switching to Fifa was weird at first with different controls but the gameplay is amazing.

PSN is bednar-9 for anyone who fancies a game who has it.

Last edited by UK_Cheesehead : 10-06-2009 at 10:53 AM.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I watched a bunch of walk through videos of Demon's Souls. I doubt I'll like it...I think Dragon Age Origins looks like it's going to be the better of the two and maybe more to my liking if I ever buy one of them. I'm not really a fan of either setting, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-07-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toys R Us is having a buy 2 games get 1 free sale next week. Planning on getting Uncharted 2 and hopefully 2 places holders for Ratchet and Clank and Tekken 6.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Toys R Us is having a buy 2 games get 1 free sale next week. Planning on getting Uncharted 2 and hopefully 2 places holders for Ratchet and Clank and Tekken 6.
Damn, I need to find a Toys R Us near me.

I want Uncharted 2 bad, and Fifa 10 feels a lot different than 09, I like.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not bad. I would buy Fight Night 4 and InFamous plus idk what. Too bad I got to pay some damn bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why can't they wait until Heavy Rain comes out?:(

Oh well, I'm sure I can find two other games to buy along with Uncharted 2
Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buddy of mine bought Demon Soul. He says it's absolutely insane in terms of difficulty. He died like a 100 times in the first level alone, hah. I'll probably give it a try whenever he gets done with it, or throws it on the window in frustration.

I totally agree with you though MOTH. Dragon Age looks awesome. Granted I'm a Bioware fan boy and have loved pretty much all their games since Baulders Gate came out years and years ago.

I'm not sure what system I'm going to get it on though. Probably the PC would be my guess though as the content they release later is usually free for the PC.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting DAO for PC.

Demon's Souls is pretty hard, but it's good. It's pretty unforgiving from the get-go. I love it.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got NBA 2k10. Anyone that's wants to lose, hit me up.

World-of-Killaz

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm getting DAO for PC.

Demon's Souls is pretty hard, but it's good. It's pretty unforgiving from the get-go. I love it.
Yeah I was planning on getting DAO for PC as well. Demon's Soul is third game I'm probably going to be getting in the Toys R Us deal. It looks awesome and if it's hard as people are making it out to be, I'm going to love it. They just don't make games as hard as they use to.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Just got NBA 2k10. Anyone that's wants to lose, hit me up.

World-of-Killaz
I have a question for you. Is the online like last years game or is it like 2k7 and 2k8? Last years game didn't have a lobby and it pissen me off. I did enjoy the game though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Yeah I was planning on getting DAO for PC as well. Demon's Soul is third game I'm probably going to be getting in the Toys R Us deal. It looks awesome and if it's hard as people are making it out to be, I'm going to love it. They just don't make games as hard as they use to.
It's made by Atlus, and they're renowned for making hard ass RPG's.

You'll die a lot and you have to start over from the beginning of the level each time (all mobs respawn when you die). But it isn't too frustratingly hard because you likely won't make the same mistake twice. I don't mind dying as long as it isn't to the same thing over and over. Which is why I like the difficulty level of Demon's Souls.

Last edited by nepg : 10-09-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm off to reserve Uncharted 2 in a few minutes. Just need to find that stupid edge card. I dont even know how much that saves you, but w/e.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-09-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone play the Brutal Legend demo? I'm not sure when it became available.. I downloaded it and beat the demo yesterday. Seems like a fun little game.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I've been wanting to play the Brutal Legend demo, just haven't downloaded it. I'm not too excited for this game, but I loved Tim Shafer's last game Psychonauts.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Brutal Legend demo was sweet. I played it on xbox but, w/e it was fun. The graphics arent amazing and the gameplay isnt either but, it's pretty fun. The environments are going to be pretty crazy. I wouldnt pay $60 for it but, I'll probably pick it up when it's cheaper.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Brutal Legend demo was sweet. I played it on xbox but, w/e it was fun. The graphics arent amazing and the gameplay isnt either but, it's pretty fun. The environments are going to be pretty crazy. I wouldnt pay $60 for it but, I'll probably pick it up when it's cheaper.
Agreed, I might pick it up around 30-40 bucks, but it is definately a fun time. I enjoyed the demo a lot.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demon's Souls is the hardest game ever! but really good.

its driving me nuts