Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

It all depends what system you had, it's like all split up what is backwards compatible and what isn't. I bought mine in May this year, like I said and I have tried it says that it doesn't read that type of disc when I put a ps2 game in.

Also what do you guys think of the new font/style of PS3 games being released now with a new look on the packaging?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

NEW STYLE

OLD STYLE

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually like the old style better. When I first saw uncharted I was kinda thrown off...I thought Target was sellin me a bootleg copy or something. Uncharted stands out from all my other games now.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Actually like the old style better. When I first saw uncharted I was kinda thrown off...I thought Target was sellin me a bootleg copy or something. Uncharted stands out from all my other games now.
Exactly the same here, I didn't know what was up when I seen the new packaging on Uncharted 2. Just like you it stands out now for me.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I'm going to end up buying it on the PC as I have a couple of friends who are grabbing it too so we can play some coop. It sounds pretty amazing. Apparently there are like a billion different types of weapons in the games too.
I already have it pre-bought on Steam. It's $45.99 right now. I saw in a interview that there was around 50,000 different weapons. The weapons are randomly generated based on different attributes, recoil, etc. 3 More days! We'll have to play some time.

I just bought Uncharted 2 today, but haven't played it yet. Still playing Demon's Souls as most people here are it seems.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I already have it pre-bought on Steam. It's $45.99 right now. I saw in a interview that there was around 50,000 different weapons. The weapons are randomly generated based on different attributes, recoil, etc. 3 More days! We'll have to play some time.

I just bought Uncharted 2 today, but haven't played it yet. Still playing Demon's Souls as most people here are it seems.
I was so surprised when the BX on Tinker got Demon's souls. Gamestop and Best Buy were out by me, I walked in to the BX and bam, there it was. I've only had it for two days but I can tell I'll be on the hook for a while.

Uncharted was fantastic though, I still want to go back and beat it on crushing.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are 3 different generations of PS3's. The first (what I have) is completely hardware-based backwards compatible. It'll play any PS2 game. The second (and possibly the newest) are software compatible, and (like the 360) does not support every game.

I'm glad I have an original. I do wish I had the lower-energy, less heat new ones, but the backwards compatibility is clutch because I still play my PS2 games (probably more than my PS3 games).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty big news imo, but Netflix is going to start streaming movie much like with how the Xbox 360 has it. Here is the link:
http://www.boston.com/business/techn...e_through_ps3/
If it happens, can't wait to sign up to netflix once again. Fantastic service

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, pretty sure I'm buying the new Call of Duty when it comes out.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Stufazz
Veteran

Stufazz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Could someone tell me bout the new NBA live Dynamic DNA mode. Is it just a single player? By that i mean, can i only effect the changes of one team or can i take control of any previous games with any team?

Its pretty much the defining factor as to whether i am going to buy the game or not.

Hitman D for the sweet sig
Stufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufazz View Post
Could someone tell me bout the new NBA live Dynamic DNA mode. Is it just a single player? By that i mean, can i only effect the changes of one team or can i take control of any previous games with any team?

Its pretty much the defining factor as to whether i am going to buy the game or not.
I don't know much about the feature you are asking about but strictly from a gameplay level, I suggest getting NBA2k10 over NBA Live, it is without question the better game.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Ratchet and Clank is awesome. May be my favorite game of the year by the time I'm done with it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
The new Ratchet and Clank is awesome. May be my favorite game of the year by the time I'm done with it.
I loved Tools of Destruction, it was a great campaign and a lotta fun. It has always been a great consistent series for Sony but my only problem with it is the lack of multiplayer and online play. How is the new one?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I loved Tools of Destruction, it was a great campaign and a lotta fun. It has always been a great consistent series for Sony but my only problem with it is the lack of multiplayer and online play. How is the new one?
It's really fun. It's what you'd expect from Ratchet and Clank. The Clank sections are actually pretty fun this time around. They have some cool puzzles for him. No multiplayer still really bums me out since they actually had it in one of the PS2 Ratchet and Clanks.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Pretty big news imo, but Netflix is going to start streaming movie much like with how the Xbox 360 has it. Here is the link:
http://www.boston.com/business/techn...e_through_ps3/
If it happens, can't wait to sign up to netflix once again. Fantastic service
PS3 never had this before?

My Xbox Live subscription got 10x better when they finally added this for the 360, I didn't really want Netflix before they added it to xbox live, **** is just so awesome. You can que up like 300 movies on file that doesn't take up any HD space, watch TV series, all kinda **** really.

Only thing that somewhat sucks about the online streaming is they don't offer up everything, they leave the newest stuff for the mail service, but you get a very nice selection and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
PS3 never had this before?

My Xbox Live subscription got 10x better when they finally added this for the 360, I didn't really want Netflix before they added it to xbox live, **** is just so awesome. You can que up like 300 movies on file that doesn't take up any HD space, watch TV series, all kinda **** really.

Only thing that somewhat sucks about the online streaming is they don't offer up everything, they leave the newest stuff for the mail service, but you get a very nice selection and I love it.
You could rent movies and pay for them individually, but there was no Netflix.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone ever had any problems with the port in the back for the AV cables? I know it happened to a friend of mine, and recently it happened to my PS3. Everything is fine, nothing looks broken, but it no longer passes signal to the TV set. Anyone know if this is covered under the manufacturer warranty?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Has anyone ever had any problems with the port in the back for the AV cables? I know it happened to a friend of mine, and recently it happened to my PS3. Everything is fine, nothing looks broken, but it no longer passes signal to the TV set. Anyone know if this is covered under the manufacturer warranty?
I haven't had any problems like that, but I use an HDMI cable so I am of no use.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My brother is getting my PS3 repaired for my birthday, hopefully by next week I'll be up and ready for MW2=the most anticipated game of the year imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
It all depends what system you had, it's like all split up what is backwards compatible and what isn't. I bought mine in May this year, like I said and I have tried it says that it doesn't read that type of disc when I put a ps2 game in.

Also what do you guys think of the new font/style of PS3 games being released now with a new look on the packaging?
Depends on the game for "newer" ones. The 2nd gen PS3's are software compatible, and some PS2 games will work on them. I think the Slim's are the same way. The original PS3's (what I have) are hardware compatible, so any PS2 game will work. I still play the **** out of NCAA '06 and some other games for PS2 on my PS3...
Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, now just waiting for MW2. IDK if it's just me but I like World at War a lot.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a 20 GB the week of PS3 release. Now its 320 GB but anyways I was playing Command and Conquer : Red Alert from PS1 on it so obviously its backwards compatible.

Anyways can't wait for MW2.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an 80 gig one, myself. I bought it last year. I wish it was backwards compatible.

I wouldnt need to spend money on the God of War collection if it was.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Got Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, now just waiting for MW2. IDK if it's just me but I like World at War a lot.
I can't stand the WW2 games. I stopped bothering with them after the the second Medal of Honor game...so I obviously didn't try World at War. That was made by a different Dev team than the MW games, though.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up my copy of Modern Warfare 2.

World-of-Killaz

hit me up

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote