Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-12-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They are must buy's (compared to the others) because of what their predcessors have proven. The 5 I named are either ground-breaking or are continuations of amazing series' (or both). They're all coming from top-notch developers & publishers.

FF14 is an MMO.
I'm aware, which is one reason I'm excited about it. I suppose if MMORPG's aren't your thing, there wouldn't be a reason to be excited.

I'd also say that while I believe Heavy Rain Will be amazing and ground breaking, much of what I've read tells me that they will need to be extremely careful that the game doesn't turn into a long series of quicktime events, ala Dragon's Lair.

And let's be honest here. Nothing is guaranteed in the gaming industry. I suppose I can see why people would say those are the only "must have" games, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing what all of them look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I think you're overlooking Red Dead Redemption, which is my biggest must-buy after FF13 and GoW3. Made by Rockstar, I was a huge fan of the first, Red Dead Revolver. They're turning it into an open world western similar to GTA. But as stated, it's all opinion on what's a "must buy".

Here's a video about Red Dead Redemption. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ga...red-dead/59978

Also not on the list is the new Aliens vs. Predator which looks sick. If its anything like AvP2, it's gonna be my favorite multiplayer game by far.
Apparently AVP is going to give you the option of playing as an Alien, Pred, or Space Marine, which does sound pretty awesome.

And Red Dead Redemption is supposed to be a MASSIVE world from what I've read.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 01-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just played the E3 GoW3 demo. It's pretty short, but I must say, it is prolly the best game graphically by far. The gameplay and cutscenes are absolutely amazing. It has so much more of a dark and realistic feel (I use the term realistic loosely because, come on).

I absolutely cannot wait until March.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm most looking forward to Heavy Rain and Red Dead Redemption. I loved Red Dead Revolver
Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best game graphically? Not quite, imo. I played it as well, it was on my District 9 blu ray. :)

Uncharted/Uncharted 2 is still the pinnacle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the PS3, my most anticipated games are Heavy Rain and GOW 3.

For the 360, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, and Bioshock 2 which could be played on either system.

I'm going to be broke for a long time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Best game graphically? Not quite, imo. I played it as well, it was on my District 9 blu ray. :)

Uncharted/Uncharted 2 is still the pinnacle.
Yea, after I posted it I remembered that. Point being, I was hard just from looking at the graphics. The feel is so different than the other 2 games and I just want to play the whole game so bad. It's just so orgasmic.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Haha. I get ya buddy. I still have yet to check out the GOW collection I got for Christmas. I'm going to play the hell out of it, when we get closer to March.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FF14 being an MMO is depressing. There are so many MMO's now, I much prefer FF to stick with the whole single player angle.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Haha. I get ya buddy. I still have yet to check out the GOW collection I got for Christmas. I'm going to play the hell out of it, when we get closer to March.
I had only played like 3/4 of GoW2 prior to this. I absolutely loved the first one, actually moreso than the 2nd (the storyline really), and then played the 2nd one immediately afterward. I found myself playing for like half a day straight before I realized it and had to stop. I just wanted to keep going with the stories.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah they're amazing. Thank god for the collection that just came out, though. Because, my PS2 is long destroyed. So this was like the greatest thing ever for me. :) The demo brought back some good memories. I gotta say, though...I was kind of mad when I accidentally switched off of the blades of chaos and didnt know how to get them back in the demo. Love the blades.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
FF14 being an MMO is depressing. There are so many MMO's now, I much prefer FF to stick with the whole single player angle.
There's still FF13 and FF versus 13 to look forward to. Also FF 13 Agito for the PSP.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Yeah they're amazing. Thank god for the collection that just came out, though. Because, my PS2 is long destroyed. So this was like the greatest thing ever for me. :) The demo brought back some good memories. I gotta say, though...I was kind of mad when I accidentally switched off of the blades of chaos and didnt know how to get them back in the demo. Love the blades.
Yea, with both the first and second games, the first thing I would do is upgrade the blades to max because really, you use them so much more than the magic. And when they are maxed out, they are unstoppable.

I will say, though, that I did enjoy using the giant fist things.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you're overlooking Red Dead Redemption, which is my biggest must-buy after FF13 and GoW3. Made by Rockstar, I was a huge fan of the first, Red Dead Revolver. They're turning it into an open world western similar to GTA. But as stated, it's all opinion on what's a "must buy".

Here's a video about Red Dead Redemption. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ga...red-dead/59978

Also not on the list is the new Aliens vs. Predator which looks sick. If its anything like AvP2, it's gonna be my favorite multiplayer game by far.
I didn't play the first one, so I wasn't going to say one way or another. It likely won't dissappoint, though.

I'm an MMO fan, but I'm not holding my breath on FF14 after FF11. FF11 is an Asian style MMO, which is not very appealing. All about hardcore grinding and just not fun. Supposedly FF14 will be different, but again, not holding my breath.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't play the first one, so I wasn't going to say one way or another. It likely won't dissappoint, though.

I'm an MMO fan, but I'm not holding my breath on FF14 after FF11. FF11 is an Asian style MMO, which is not very appealing. All about hardcore grinding and just not fun. Supposedly FF14 will be different, but again, not holding my breath.
I enjoyed FF11. The only thing I disliked was that the game basically forced you to party up to gain levels at any decent rate. Soloing was near impossible to gain levels at any decent rate.

And of course every MMO has the same issue that annoys me to no end, that of the people that want everyone to have the "uber" set up, and get pissy if they get you in their party and find out your a Dark Knight/Warrior or something instead of "tEh DRk Knite/Theef is Eleeet, U r teH NooBZ!11!!" I know it's an issue in every MMO, but I found it more pronounced in FF11 than in other MMO's where people seem to be fine with a little freedom and trying new set ups.

Quote:

Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I enjoyed FF11. The only thing I disliked was that the game basically forced you to party up to gain levels at any decent rate. Soloing was near impossible to gain levels at any decent rate.

And of course every MMO has the same issue that annoys me to no end, that of the people that want everyone to have the "uber" set up, and get pissy if they get you in their party and find out your a Dark Knight/Warrior or something instead of "tEh DRk Knite/Theef is Eleeet, U r teH NooBZ!11!!" I know it's an issue in every MMO, but I found it more pronounced in FF11 than in other MMO's where people seem to be fine with a little freedom and trying new set ups.
I did not try FF11 because I knew it wasn't for me. The group grind and virtually zero end game content/goals are very Asian concepts in MMO's. It's not appealing to me to sit there in a group and kill the same thing for hours on end to gain 25% of a level. From my understanding, this is all the game consisted of...and without PvP, that gets old very quickly (I've played enough Asian MMOs...). I like to go out and do different things and be in different environments. I have to feel like I'm progressing in the game world (not just in levels).

I've been playing MMOs for ~15 years. I'm at the point where I've wasted enough time and effort in bad MMOs, and I know which ones I'll like.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
I did not try FF11 because I knew it wasn't for me. The group grind and virtually zero end game content/goals are very Asian concepts in MMO's. It's not appealing to me to sit there in a group and kill the same thing for hours on end to gain 25% of a level. From my understanding, this is all the game consisted of...and without PvP, that gets old very quickly (I've played enough Asian MMOs...). I like to go out and do different things and be in different environments. I have to feel like I'm progressing in the game world (not just in levels).

I've been playing MMOs for ~15 years. I'm at the point where I've wasted enough time and effort in bad MMOs, and I know which ones I'll like.
FF11 does retain a fairly dedicated following around the world. I wouldn't say it was a bad MMO, but it certainly wasn't/isn't for everyone. I basically quit playing for the reasons listed above, as well as the lack of true PvP (there was PvP, but it was a stupid process to get to it. Too much to explain, but it wasn't fun). I did enjoy it at first, but it got old fast. I guess I'm in the same boat as you that it wasn't my kind of MMO. Hopefully FF14 will be better.

Quote:

Old 01-13-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem with FF11 was the UI. It was so annoying to navigate around. That and every other player spoke in Japanese characters so I was confused.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my friend and I are trying to play eachother in NHL 10 but it keeps saying the other one is idle so we can't send a game invite.

are we dumb? anyone know what to do?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
chronicent

FF 13, Resident Evil 5 and Left 4 dead 2 was the coolest games that i have played on my Playstation 3.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So I just played the E3 GoW3 demo. It's pretty short, but I must say, it is prolly the best game graphically by far. The gameplay and cutscenes are absolutely amazing. It has so much more of a dark and realistic feel (I use the term realistic loosely because, come on).

I absolutely cannot wait until March.
Gears is an awesome game, I literally can't wait for this to drop, I had so much fun playing the storyline in the 2nd one that I'll be checking for this the first day. I didn't get into the online play too much, but the story mode was so much fun that I didn't care.

They wouldn't even need to make any major upgrades for me, but if it really looks this good it'll be that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

Quote:
Uncharted 2
best graphics i've ever seen on PS3 ever.
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicent View Post
FF 13, Resident Evil 5 and Left 4 dead 2 was the coolest games that i have played on my Playstation 3.
Interesting that the coolest game you've played on PS3 is a 360 exclusive.

And to longhornslegend, I was talking about God of War 3, not Gears. Sorry for the confusion ;).

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Interesting that the coolest game you've played on PS3 is a 360 exclusive.

And to longhornslegend, I was talking about God of War 3, not Gears. Sorry for the confusion ;).
That guy must also be in Japan, because that's the only place where FF13 is released.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
That guy must also be in Japan, because that's the only place where FF13 is released.
Ot ir's a sneaky attempt at spam, since his sig is an add and he has two posts.......................

Quote: