Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Great list...I'd add inFAMOUS, the original Uncharted, the God of War Collection, and the Resistance series, however. That's pretty much my list of PS3 games...I dont have many, but I have a great collection of PS3 exclusives.
Thank you all for your suggestions. I've actually never played a Final Fantasy game but I heard those were good. Heavy Rain actually looks pretty lame to me, and I'm not a big fan of baseball. The rest of y'all's suggestions look beastly though. Preciate it.

Edit: Is Metal Gear Solid not worth it?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenguinurtle View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. I've actually never played a Final Fantasy game but I heard those were good. Heavy Rain actually looks pretty lame to me, and I'm not a big fan of baseball. The rest of y'all's suggestions look beastly though. Preciate it.

Edit: Is Metal Gear Solid not worth it?
MGS4 is definitely worth it. MGS4 and the Ratchet and Clanks are my favorite games for PS3. Heavy Rain was okay. It definitely had its slow and boring moments.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Heavy Rain...at the least it's worth a rent. I absolutely loved it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a gift card to Best Buy. Should I buy God of War 3 or Red Dead Redemption tomorrow?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I have a gift card to Best Buy. Should I buy God of War 3 or Red Dead Redemption tomorrow?
Red Dead Redemption. Easily.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I <3 Heavy Rain...at the least it's worth a rent. I absolutely loved it.
It's definitely worth the rent, I just thought it had some slow moments with forced and boring tasks at times.

The car chase was awesome, feeding a baby was not.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Backbreaker Football demo is out and has been getting some positive reviews. I haven't gotten it yet for PS3, I'm not even sure it's available to us yet.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got my hands on "Uncharted 2"- it's amazing so far
Is Alan Wake out yet? Anyone play it or the demo?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Wake is an Xbox 360 exclusive.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh- that hurts

Old 05-28-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are awesome glitches. Must get this game... now!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the incredible donkey lady!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Modnation Racers is so awesome, totally worth the money.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Cage and Quantic Dream (Indigo Prophecy/Heavy Rain) have already started to begin casting for their new game, a science fiction story. Codenamed, "Horizon". Sweet.

I already cant wait for it. haha. Let's just hope they go with American voice actors this time around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Infamous 2 is supposedly set in New Orleans

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1094892p1.html
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

I've been holding on to PS2 for awhile and now I'm going to make the jump to PS3 sometime over the summer. Have to get a TV too. Saw this deal on walmart's website. 120gb console 2 controllers and 2 games for $400. I pretty much only play sports games and sometimes a fighting game. Anybody got advice?

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Madden and Fight Night. I heard Street Fighter 4 was good but I haven't personally played it. Morta Kombat VS DC was decent. I liked it.
The new Capcom vs Marvel looks pretty good too. I'll probably buy that.
NBA 2K10 is probably good. I play 2K10 Combine and that's pretty fun. Especially for just $5.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
I've been holding on to PS2 for awhile and now I'm going to make the jump to PS3 sometime over the summer. Have to get a TV too. Saw this deal on walmart's website. 120gb console 2 controllers and 2 games for $400. I pretty much only play sports games and sometimes a fighting game. Anybody got advice?
Super Street Fighter IV, NBA 2k10, NHL 10, FIFA, MLB The Show... Wait for Madden in August... Not too many fighting games on the PS3 or 360 that are worth a crap. You could get the UFC game...that and SF4 are pretty much it right now. Marvel v. Capcom coming out soon and should be amazing.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I play 2K10 Combine and that's pretty fun. Especially for just $5.
2K10 combine was pure awful IMO. Its not even worth a dollar. If thats how NBA 2K10 is I don't know how people could play it because it sucks.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
Super Street Fighter IV is fun, I play it on 360. It would be my first suggestion and it's only $39.99. BlazBlue is good, made from the creators of Guilty Gear but it isn't as fast or complex as GG. Also, another version is about to be released like Super Street Fighter IV. I'd look up some videos and if you liked it, wait for the new version to come out. You can get Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the PSN while waiting for MvC3 to come out.

If you like 3d fighters better than 2d I'd go with Tekken. I'm not a Tekken player, but the new Tekken is fun, I got some friends who play it often. Soul Caliber 4 is decent, but Tekken is much better. I guess another would be Mortal Kombat vs DC, but I'd choose every game mentioned so far before that.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So has anyone heard about getting a refund from Sony since they removed the "other OS" feature from PS3?

Apparently if you bought a PS3 prior to like 2009 or something, an older version, you had a feature to run a different OS on it, such as Linux. And the latest update removed that feature, so I've read that you may be able to get like a $100 refund since it was sold to you as having that feature, and now removing it takes away a feature you paid for, without your consent or something.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I didnt do anything with the OS but a refund would be nice. I got my PS3 like the 2nd weekend they came out.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I didnt do anything with the OS but a refund would be nice. I got my PS3 like the 2nd weekend they came out.
Yea, idk what the deal is, but I've been told that if you have an older version (pretty much anything older than 2 years I think), you might be able to get a refund of like $100.

I never use the Other OS either, but apparently some guy in the UK filed a complaint with Sony because the PS3 was sold as having the ability to run other operating systems, and to remove it without the owner's consent makes the PS3 less than able to function as sold or something, so he got a refund. Idk if it will apply to all countries, i.e. the US, but it would be awesome if some of us could get $100 for basically nothing lol.

I'll try to keep updating if I find anything, or if someone knows for sure that'd be great. :)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like old news. I googled it and all the original action happened in April.

I had some vague plans to install Linux at some point on it but I didn't even know they removed the feature. It isn't worth it to me to prove that I bought the PS3 when I bought it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Yea, I never use it so I had no idea it happened. But just found out about all that stuff over the weekend, so I figured I'd see if anyone here heard about it.

Either way, it's not like a huge deal to go after, but if you wanted, $100 would be cool if it was available.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver