Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just went to walmart, was gonna buy another controller. Saw the playstation move and it looked interesting so I bought the $100 bundle. So far it's really fun.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted 3 was just announced. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. A 2011 release. Yesssssssss.

The game will take Drake to the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula.

Quote:
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is said to focus on the relationship between Sully and Drake as the pair search for a lost city in the Arabian Peninsula and across the Rub' al Khali Desert. T.E Lawrence is said to be an inspiration for the story and setting.
Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 fall releases. Sexy. Both games have the potential to sell 5 million worldwide units if they dont off eachother, too much. For those with both consoles, that is. Gears will def. top that...with the amount of hype and the fan base Uncharted has garnered, they should be pretty damn close to that number as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect 2 will be available on January 18th...I didnt expect it so soon. I expect all of you with a PS3 to pick it up. You wont be disappointed. Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxy game. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Mass Effect 2 will be available on January 18th...I didnt expect it so soon. I expect all of you with a PS3 to pick it up. You wont be disappointed. Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxy game. haha.
Do you think knowledge/experience from the 1st will be necessary to understand the 2nd? I only ask because I plan on getting 2 because the first looked awesome, but I never played the first or really looked into the story because it wasn't on playstation.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Red Dead Redemption a pretty good game?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It would certainly help as njx9 said, but isnt necessary. It's just more fun that way, because you have a familiarity with all the characters. And some of them return/die and what not. There is a carry over from your Mass Effect 1 playthrough to the 2nd game. You can have one of your buddies die in the 1st and not make an apperance in the 2nd. Decisions, deaths, romances...all carry over from the 1st game. And seeing how it's an RPG, there were many ways this could have played out. So a lot of our experiences with ME1 and ME2 were different.

It will be coming with some kind of "catch up" dvd or graphic comic or something, I heard. I'm not too sure exactly what. But something to get you in the loop a bit. The series is exceptional, though. I couldnt help but give it my highest recommendation...even if you havent played the first.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-10-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Is Red Dead Redemption a pretty good game?
A great game. Rockstar doesnt make bad games. I'm not even into the whole Western thing, but I absolutely loved it. Tons of things to do and lots of fun to be had.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The other one is story related. And happens no matter what. hint hint. haha.

And for those that dont know in here...anyone can die in ME2, including you. But you really have to **** up with the side missions to get your dude killed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I heard about it and saw it done on youtube. You have to mess up like everything and get all of you crew killed. It's a big mess. I couldnt imagine someone actually doing a playthrough like this naturally or by accident.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Returned my playstation move bundle.

Played it only once. I guess it's fun if you constantly have friends over to play with.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Returned my playstation move bundle.

Played it only once. I guess it's fun if you constantly have friends over to play with.
So it's basically the Wii?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

faaaaaapppppp fap fap fap fap

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-12-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

faaaaaapppppp fap fap fap fap
I think it goes like this:

fap fap fap fap faaaaaapppppp

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, , but has anyone downloaded the update today for Black Ops and had a ton of trouble since? I can barely get in a game, and when I do, I can't finish because the host is constantly "migrating" followed at about 4 minutes in with it saying I'm not connected, returning to the lobby to "migrate the host again" at which point the entire lobby leaves and I have to try and get in a game yet again. I've managed to finish one game of FFA so far, and one game of Sabotage.

EDIT:Yep, apparently the new patch has completely boned at least the PS3 version. This was apparently supposed to be a fix for disconnect and host migration problems that were already occuring on the PS3, but honestly I wasn't having any problems, at least no more than I had on Modern Warfare 2. Now I can't even get in a game without getting kicked in the middle or completely freezing. Seems the "fix" ended up being worse than whatever they thought they were "fixing" in the first place. The game is basically unplayable right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 12-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up GT5. Pretty sweet. Though when I first attempted to install it (8GB), I didn't have enough space... Turns out I'd used all but 55MB of my 60GB HDD. If I played my PS3 more, I'd replace it. Deleted the game files for games I don't have anymore, and I'm back up to 29GB of freedom.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
new hard drives are insanely easy and cheap to install, though it sounds like a massive investment if you never use the system...
How's it work to transfer over your old saved things onto your new hard drive?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get a USB drive, transfer everything to that, then put it all on the new HDD after you format it and install the OS. It's crazy easy and cheap for the PS3 (as njx said). Pretty sure it has to be a 5400rpm laptop (2.5") HDD, though.

I might upgrade my laptop HDD and stick the old one in my PS3. Probably the smartest course of action. I only have like 4 or 5 PS3 games and haven't played them regularly in awhile. Never had issues with storage until the other day.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

What is all can you transfer from to USB to ps3?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-23-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
wat ........
Can you transfer music, videos, pictures?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Can you transfer music, videos, pictures?
Yes to all 3.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-25-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got some spending money here and was looking at getting a new game for ps3.Here is what I own so far . Uncharted 1 and 2 , GT5 , MLB 10 the show , Star Wars :forced unleashed 2 , MAG (sadly I hardly play ) God Of War Collection and Tom Clancy Hawk 2 .

What game that is new this year looks like I would like compared to my game list I currently have . Any tips is greatly suggested .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else play the killzone 3 beta? really good for being a "alpha mode" game

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So the only game I got for xmas was Red Dead Redemption (but then bought/ordered New Vegas and Arkham Asylum with my gift cards), so Red Dead is the game I'm playing now.

It started pretty slow, but is quite fun to mess around doing side story and random stuff. However, the dialogue is sooo terrible (plus the main character's voice does not fit at all). Someone please tell me the story line gets better/more exciting...?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So the only game I got for xmas was Red Dead Redemption (but then bought/ordered New Vegas and Arkham Asylum with my gift cards), so Red Dead is the game I'm playing now.

It started pretty slow, but is quite fun to mess around doing side story and random stuff. However, the dialogue is sooo terrible (plus the main character's voice does not fit at all). Someone please tell me the story line gets better/more exciting...?
It's good. I did very few sidequests because I just wanted to blow through the meat of the game as fast as possible. It's nominated for best ending of the year, so that should tell you it's worth playing through.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
I got some spending money here and was looking at getting a new game for ps3.Here is what I own so far . Uncharted 1 and 2 , GT5 , MLB 10 the show , Star Wars :forced unleashed 2 , MAG (sadly I hardly play ) God Of War Collection and Tom Clancy Hawk 2 .

What game that is new this year looks like I would like compared to my game list I currently have . Any tips is greatly suggested .
NBA 2K11 or NHL 11.

God of War 3 if you like the Collection. Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and/or Brotherhood...