Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NHL 11 is the worst game ever made.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
**** that game, seriously. I suck so much at the NHL series. I cannot score for ****.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's good. I did very few sidequests because I just wanted to blow through the meat of the game as fast as possible. It's nominated for best ending of the year, so that should tell you it's worth playing through.
Well, that makes me happier. I just absolutely cannot stand the dialogue, I'm thinking about just turning on subtitles if I can and muting during the cut scenes.

Also, something I noticed that is just a minor detail, but so right at the beginning you have the Marshall missions and I just completed the one where you go into the canyon and kill this gang (yea, I haven't played much). But I then did a vigilante mission or whatever to capture/kill an outlaw, and when I went back to the Marshall for my reward, it was a completely different looking guy. Just one of those things where I went, "Come on, really..."
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which should I buy, having no experience with either franchise: Uncharted 2 or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Which should I buy, having no experience with either franchise: Uncharted 2 or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood?
Game Of The Year or Game Fun For A Day?***********
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've played UnCharted 2... friggin great.
Buying Brotherhood probably next yr.
From what I'm told, they took all the annoying things out of 1 and 2 and made some badass upgrades.
It's the Assassin's Creed that you've always wanted.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was curious who here still has their fat 60gb ps3 from launch day or that year ?I miss mine so bad , never should of sold it .Now i own a 120gb slim and I miss playing the ps2 games like Metal Gear Solid and SSX games and a few others.Does any one think we will EVER see a patch by Song to allow the ps2 games again?I was also browsing the ps2 story and found that there was some sort of ps2 date patch on their and my cousin told that its only for ps3 systems that allow the ps2 but need a patch .Now why can't Sony make a full patch for the entire other ps3 systems out or start remaking the old games into perfect blu ray HD engines so we can enjoy them once again on next gen consoles .Any thought here guys ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
I was curious who here still has their fat 60gb ps3 from launch day or that year ?I miss mine so bad , never should of sold it .Now i own a 120gb slim and I miss playing the ps2 games like Metal Gear Solid and SSX games and a few others.Does any one think we will EVER see a patch by Song to allow the ps2 games again?I was also browsing the ps2 story and found that there was some sort of ps2 date patch on their and my cousin told that its only for ps3 systems that allow the ps2 but need a patch .Now why can't Sony make a full patch for the entire other ps3 systems out or start remaking the old games into perfect blu ray HD engines so we can enjoy them once again on next gen consoles .Any thought here guys ?
just buy a ps2 slim.. there only like 60$ right?

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gran Turismo 5 is an awesome game. That's really all I have to say.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, that makes me happier. I just absolutely cannot stand the dialogue, I'm thinking about just turning on subtitles if I can and muting during the cut scenes.

Also, something I noticed that is just a minor detail, but so right at the beginning you have the Marshall missions and I just completed the one where you go into the canyon and kill this gang (yea, I haven't played much). But I then did a vigilante mission or whatever to capture/kill an outlaw, and when I went back to the Marshall for my reward, it was a completely different looking guy. Just one of those things where I went, "Come on, really..."
I friggin love red dead redemption. I am at 75% completion & have done the majority of the side missions. I only have 2 things left to get all of the hunting/survivalist/sharpshooter/treasure hunter at level 10. Super fun game.

And having played both Uncharted and none of the Assassins Creed games, i strongly suggest Uncharted. That franchise is so good. Can't wait for #3.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I friggin love red dead redemption. I am at 75% completion & have done the majority of the side missions. I only have 2 things left to get all of the hunting/survivalist/sharpshooter/treasure hunter at level 10. Super fun game.

And having played both Uncharted and none of the Assassins Creed games, i strongly suggest Uncharted. That franchise is so good. Can't wait for #3.
Yea, I'm starting to get further along in the game, but I really have no attachment what so ever to the main story line. I just do the missions because they're there. I spend more of my time randomly shooting animals and riding around out in the middle of no where in hopes of running into random side quests.

Also, I got the 2nd treasure map and have no idea what the **** I'm looking for. It's sweet that the maps seem to be realistic to what they would have been at the time, but that just means they are little to no help lol.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
**** that game, seriously. I suck so much at the NHL series. I cannot score for ****.
I miss the days of getting a 99 speed, right-handed left wing and just skating from the left side all the way across the crease for easy goals.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, I'm starting to get further along in the game, but I really have no attachment what so ever to the main story line. I just do the missions because they're there. I spend more of my time randomly shooting animals and riding around out in the middle of no where in hopes of running into random side quests.

Also, I got the 2nd treasure map and have no idea what the **** I'm looking for. It's sweet that the maps seem to be realistic to what they would have been at the time, but that just means they are little to no help lol.
I cheated on all the treasure maps. GameFaqs.com for the win on that one.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I cheated on all the treasure maps. GameFaqs.com for the win on that one.
Yea, the first was fairly easy. But I've just stopped even trying with the 2nd and will eventually cheat to go through them all. I'm already guessing the treasures are all like money/gold and nothing like a sweet weapon or something I'd actually use, so meh.

I will say, one of the biggest reasons I already really like this game...I can shoot birds. Any time I'm doing anything, I will randomly stop and look in the sky to shoot some birds just because. Idk why it brings me so much entertainment.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
What's the problem? I happen to enjoy it.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have my fat 60 gb PS3 and I'm still loving every minute of it!!

#3 Duke Blue Devils (5-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup me too. I bought it off of Craigslist 5 years ago (from some dude who waited in line for it when they first came out, but had to pay some child support... sorry sucker!) & have had no problems with it.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah. Can't beat the first gen PS3. I still have PS2 games that I play regularly. I'd be lost with a newer PS3.

Also, I've watched the intro for GT5 numerous times. I can't figure out why I have to watch it. I think it's the music.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Still have my 60GB fat guy as well. Got it in aught 6 I believe and it's dreamy.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So I just beat Red Dead Redemption.

Meh. It was fun for a while, then just like GTA games got really old and pretty boring. I just powered through to do all the missions as fast as possible because of how I heard the ending was supposed to be great...yea, the ending was lame.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I just beat Red Dead Redemption.

Meh. It was fun for a while, then just like GTA games got really old and pretty boring. I just powered through to do all the missions as fast as possible because of how I heard the ending was supposed to be great...yea, the ending was lame.
I just beat it too. I went on holidays just when I got to Mexico so I was kinda bored with it. Mexico didn't excite me at all but once I got out of there I got sucked right back into the game.

Not a fan of the ending but I plan on checking out some of the dlc.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I just beat it too. I went on holidays just when I got to Mexico so I was kinda bored with it. Mexico didn't excite me at all but once I got out of there I got sucked right back into the game.

Not a fan of the ending but I plan on checking out some of the dlc.
Yea, after about 3 missions in Mexico I was officially bored.

The biggest thing for me is that I was never interested in the storyline. It does absolutely nothing as far explaining why anything is happening, and it was just overall a boring story.

The other thing I got annoyed with was the seemingly randomness of missions, especially in Mexico. I mean, you were doing missions for both the government and the rebels. That makes absolutely no sense...they should make you choose one path and follow it.

Idk, I'm just extremely disappointed. Hopefully Arkham Asylum and/or New Vegas can lift my gaming spirits. I probably won't come back to do the side quests in Red Dead.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was curious if any one tried out the Tron game out of the PS store.How is it , what game modes are there ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

la noire looks likes its gonna be a awesome game.

Also on the red dead redemption talk got it for christmas and I'm loving it better then any non sports game for the ps3. I dont usually like non sports game, but this one has me intrested.

Last edited by georgiafan : 01-17-2011 at 11:04 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
la noire looks likes its gonna be a awesome game.

Also on the red dead redemption talk got it for christmas and I'm loving it better then any non sports game for the ps3. I dont usually like non sports game, but this one has me intrested.
Have you played any of the GTA games? Rockstar makes both Red Dead and GTA, so they are very similar. If you like Red Dead, you'll probably enjoy GTA unless you only like it because it's in the old west.

I think one of the problems is I've now played 4 GTA games, and by the 4th I quit halfway through because it was nothing new. So Red Dead really didn't offer much more besides some of the side missions.