Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 strictly for MLB The Show. Worth it?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
If you like baseball games, that's the only one worth playing...so...yes...?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I second what nepg said. The Show is an amzing game and is so much better than the 2k series. If you're really into baseball games and you have the money, it's worth it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB the show is pretty sick, is the new one out?

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I think it comes out Tuesday.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I think it comes out Tuesday.
I'm getting that fo sho.

And anyone that's down for a beating, add me: World-of-Killaz

please tell me who you are.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm getting that fo sho.

And anyone that's down for a beating, add me: World-of-Killaz

please tell me who you are.
I haven't been playing much lately but when I get the game, I want to play you.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I haven't been playing much lately but when I get the game, I want to play you.
I have only rented it before, but I'll buy this one, so I'm not very good either.

Did we play Black Ops together? What's your PSN?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
I have only rented it before, but I'll buy this one, so I'm not very good either.

Did we play Black Ops together? What's your PSN?
Yeah, Black Ops and my psn is Jets25.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, Black Ops and my psn is Jets25.
Yea ok I got you. When I get the game I'll invite you and we can throw down.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Psh, you could barely muster up a hit off me last year!

Also, I will be getting The Show, but likely not for a while after release due lack of money from building a new computer.

There's going to be coop too we can try online when I do get it though!

I wonder if we could do a 2vs2 NFLDC co-op game. That'd be fun.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Psh, you could barely muster up a hit off me last year!

Also, I will be getting The Show, but likely not for a while after release due lack of money from building a new computer.

There's going to be coop too we can try online when I do get it though!

I wonder if we could do a 2vs2 NFLDC co-op game. That'd be fun.
That sounds like fun. I know there is quite a few people on here that play it. Maybe we can set up a tournament or something.

Anyway, I would have easily beaten you if the connection wasn't **** and Johan didn't pitch like a god through 11 innings.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-08-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ok so who's getting the show today?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I did the exact same thing you did for last year's The Show. Sold my 360/games and bought a ps3/The Show/Assassins Creed 2. Best transaction I've ever made. The blu ray player definitely makes it worth it. And The Show makes you literally laugh in amusement at how poorly made the 2K series is every year.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not today. But in a few weeks definitely

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just picked it up... Playing my first Franchise game as i type this
Old 03-08-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell us how it is! I'll probably be getting in a few weeks myself.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just picked it up as well. About to put it in now.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I need some feedback, I'm having second thought on weather I should get it or not.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly Im loving it. I just bought a PS3 a few months ago and have only played the the 2k series on 360. Being an avid baseball fan I can clearly say the obvious and that is that The Show hands down blows 2k out of the water.

The new pitching interface is different and immerses you more in the game than the old meter and analog swing stick makes it alot easier (at least for me) to not swing at bad pitches (Pull down on the stick readies you then push forward to swing. If you dont push forward you dont swing)
Old 03-08-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I actually really enjoy the button system for hitting so I'm just using that right now. Analog pitching is very fun and really gives you an idea of how hard it is to hit your spot. You can get it in the general vicinity almost every time but it will take getting used to motions and the feel for the analog stick before you get it down for good.

Really, this game didn't need to change much, just improve logic in franchise mode, maybe focus less on RTTS, and it didn't disappoint. I'm happy to report the fantasy draft AI is much better, which is huge for me. Only 3-4 closers go in the first round now instead of 10-12 like last year. Young talent goes first, every time.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think I'll go get it right now. I have to get used to it a little bit before I play you guys online.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just now seeing and watching stuff on Dues EX it looks cool, anyone played it before?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I actually really enjoy the button system for hitting so I'm just using that right now. Analog pitching is very fun and really gives you an idea of how hard it is to hit your spot. You can get it in the general vicinity almost every time but it will take getting used to motions and the feel for the analog stick before you get it down for good.

Really, this game didn't need to change much, just improve logic in franchise mode, maybe focus less on RTTS, and it didn't disappoint. I'm happy to report the fantasy draft AI is much better, which is huge for me. Only 3-4 closers go in the first round now instead of 10-12 like last year. Young talent goes first, every time.
I hope the analog pitching makes it more difficult/realistic, haha. As BOS knows I'm quite awesome at the traditional pitching system.

Damn it, I'm so tempted go out and buy it today. I was hoping to get it in a couple weeks after I finished building my computer but ugghhh.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I hope the analog pitching makes it more difficult/realistic, haha. As BOS knows I'm quite awesome at the traditional pitching system.

Damn it, I'm so tempted go out and buy it today. I was hoping to get it in a couple weeks after I finished building my computer but ugghhh.
I just bought my copy. I'll make sure I'm prepared this time.

Quote:
we all hate you