Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have to get used to this game before I can comment on anything. The Franchise is really annoying me and I hate the analog controlling everything, so I'm gonna change it back.

Just after I bought the game, I found out I could of gotten it for free, **** it now.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhh, you guys talking about it has pretty much convinced me to go buy it. Probably going to head out in a couple hours to grab it once I finish this paper for my class.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I really have to get used to this game before I can comment on anything. The Franchise is really annoying me and I hate the analog controlling everything, so I'm gonna change it back.

Just after I bought the game, I found out I could of gotten it for free, **** it now.
What did they change? Or is it just plain buggy/glitchy?

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just grabbed The Show, will be playing it now! I'll let you know what I think in a bit (as if my opinion was relevant and such, hah!).

Also if anyone wants to play some coop, PM me or say so in the thread. I'm pumped to try it out.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I hope the analog pitching makes it more difficult/realistic, haha. As BOS knows I'm quite awesome at the traditional pitching system.

Damn it, I'm so tempted go out and buy it today. I was hoping to get it in a couple weeks after I finished building my computer but ugghhh.
The traditional pitching system is really easy, I hope you're good at it, lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is the offseason stuff? Is there an amateur draft etc.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, will we ever have a good football game again?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's called NCAA Football...it comes out every year.

As far as the NFL is concerned...not a chance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
How is the offseason stuff? Is there an amateur draft etc.
Amateur Draft is during the season. Scouting is still iffy but it's nice to be able to sign whatever picks you want. Offseason is the most realistic in sports video games by far. Arbitration, type A/B compensation, renewable contracts, etc.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It seems quite good. The analog pitching is much more satisfying for me. I've never been great at hitting but I've always dominated in pitching so this makes it challenging at least.

Seems pretty awesome. I've played a couple of coop games which are interesting. Even played one with Bos! He cost me a run with his crappy outfield defense, though! We both couldn't hit for **** but I did have one nice HR with Beltran.

It's going to take away to get to know the game but so far it seems awesome. I'm debating between what hitting style to use. I think the analog hitting lets me hold up a little bit but I do prefer the classic button hitting.

Also, I'm not a fan of analog fielding so I just set it back to normal fielding.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm posting this in here also, cause I'm sure a bunch of you dont check the 360 thread.

Any of you guys getting it? I just pre-ordered it yesterday.

As I said in the other thread and it's plain to see...those facial expressions are insane for a video game. This one is def. gonna have a bit of a Heavy Rain type feel in there. Just with more traditional gameplay and control. You combine Rockstar quality, Heavy Rain, film noire, and I dont know...Mafia. And you get this game. haha. Looks amazing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It seems quite good. The analog pitching is much more satisfying for me. I've never been great at hitting but I've always dominated in pitching so this makes it challenging at least.

Seems pretty awesome. I've played a couple of coop games which are interesting. Even played one with Bos! He cost me a run with his crappy outfield defense, though! We both couldn't hit for **** but I did have one nice HR with Beltran.

It's going to take away to get to know the game but so far it seems awesome. I'm debating between what hitting style to use. I think the analog hitting lets me hold up a little bit but I do prefer the classic button hitting.

Also, I'm not a fan of analog fielding so I just set it back to normal fielding.
I hate the analog fielding and hitting, but the pitching is awesome. That coop game was pretty fun, but I never know if I'm hitting or if it's you.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I hate the analog fielding and hitting, but the pitching is awesome. That coop game was pretty fun, but I never know if I'm hitting or if it's you.
It tells you right at the top of the screen before each at bat. Depending if you're player one or two, it will show the batters box as either blue or red, indicating who is up.

I'm still deciding whether to keep the analog hitting or not. Part me of me likes it because you can hold up a little be better on pitches so you can take more walks.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone got a invite/killzone 3 - socom 4 beta code? I'm not asking for one. Hopefully, since its a different developer better then confrontation

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm posting this in here also, cause I'm sure a bunch of you dont check the 360 thread.

Any of you guys getting it? I just pre-ordered it yesterday.

As I said in the other thread and it's plain to see...those facial expressions are insane for a video game. This one is def. gonna have a bit of a Heavy Rain type feel in there. Just with more traditional gameplay and control. You combine Rockstar quality, Heavy Rain, film noire, and I dont know...Mafia. And you get this game. haha. Looks amazing.
it's the only unreleased game that I can't wait for
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
it's the only unreleased game that I can't wait for
Psh, give me Battlefield 3 any day over LA Noire! And Crysis 2. And Deus Ex Revolution. And Portal 2. And The Old Republic. And then probably LA Noire.

Also, I just realized I'm going to be broke this year.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Give me Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, and RAGE over it...but still, I want this game bad. And then there is Gears 3, Batman: Arkham City, inFamous 2, all the sports titles I like, and many others. lol. I'm gonna be in the poor house as well. Ridiculous year for gaming, and it started out amazing already with Dead Space 2.

Big time story driven action/adventure games and Western RPGs are incredibly hot right now and those are my favorite games, so it's gonna be a great year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the best RPGs for the PS3? Outside of FF I mean.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What are the best RPGs for the PS3? Outside of FF I mean.
Exclusive?

Cause I mean the best RPGs are all multi-platform.

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Age: Orgins, Oblivion, Borderlands, and Mass Effect 2 are all held in high regard.

Mass Effect 2 is considered perhaps the best game of this generation and has been rated the #1 game on the 360 many times over. If you havent played, you really should...everyone should give it a try.

I'm def. not the guy to ask about the JRPG...I hate turn based game play, it's just a major turn off for me. I hate most Eastern created games these days anyway, save a few. They're just behind the 8 ball now, imo.

As far as exclusive titles...Demon's Souls is supposed to be hard, but an excellent game. I've yet to play it, but I want to.

I heard White Knight Chronicles was pretty meh.

Others to research...

Resonance of Fate
Enchanted Arms
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
Two Worlds 2
Disgaea
Folklore

Those are all JRPGs, except for Two Worlds and there are many more of them on the PS3...I just have no interest in that kind of game, myself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-10-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star Ocean is pretty damn good.

Valkyria Chronicles is AMAZING.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah I don't mean exclusive, just in general, RPGs that are available for the PS3.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Yeah I don't mean exclusive, just in general, RPGs that are available for the PS3.
The one I'll always suggest first is Mass Effect 2. You play it yet?

It's every bit as epic and pretty as any of the trailers you'll see for the game. And dont worry about missing the first...they do a fine job of filling you in on what happened. It's as close to a cant miss game as you can get. Everyone should try it at least once. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOTH, you never played Valkyria Chronicles?! You're missing out, dude. That game is amazing.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
MOTH, you never played Valkyria Chronicles?! You're missing out, dude. That game is amazing.
JRPG? It's not even on my radar. I'll look at some gameplay videos today, though. For the hell of it. I'm always open, if the game is so well liked and what not. But in most cases, JRPGs dont even get a second glance from me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I haven't played ME2 yet but I keep hearing about it. Must be pretty good. I like to let games get down into the $30ish range though, I haven't paid full price for a game in a long time. I will look at the others on your list.

I tried Fallout 3 and just didn't like it. Which is surprising because I really like the Eldar Scrolls series of games.

i done stole dis sig