Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Guys, will we ever have a good football game again?
NCAA last year was a great game and the best ever in my eyes. This was the only time ever that I failed to win a national title and it felt good. I can't wait to see where the improve on this year they have hinted at presentation so we will see. I would also like to see more additions to team builder and coaching carousel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm posting this in here also, cause I'm sure a bunch of you dont check the 360 thread.

Any of you guys getting it? I just pre-ordered it yesterday.

As I said in the other thread and it's plain to see...those facial expressions are insane for a video game. This one is def. gonna have a bit of a Heavy Rain type feel in there. Just with more traditional gameplay and control. You combine Rockstar quality, Heavy Rain, film noire, and I dont know...Mafia. And you get this game. haha. Looks amazing.
This is a game thats a must buy for me I just cant decide If I should pre order it or wait a few months and get it used. If I preorder it I would have 2 months to play it before NCAA came out. I'm still torn, but I know its a must buy at some part for me.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JRPG? It's not even on my radar. I'll look at some gameplay videos today, though. For the hell of it. I'm always open, if the game is so well liked and what not. But in most cases, JRPGs dont even get a second glance from me.
I definitely wouldn't call it a JRPG. It has anime style and the setting is a Steampunk world, but it's not your typical JRPG. It's a strategy/tactical/war RPG. It seems right up your alley. Great story, tons of interesting party members, and lots of different ways to play the game.

The setting is essentially World War I/II in a Steampunk world with some fantasy elements. One of the coolest games I've ever played and definitely among my favorite PS3 games.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my old school fat ps3 isnt working so im gonna go by kmart tonight and hope a buy a new one. You get the show for free with any ps3 console so im hoping for the killzone or move bundle.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the Move bundle and returned it like a week later. It's very fun at first, but you're not going to want to play it after you try it out. Maybe if you constantly have a lot of people at your house or something, idk.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I bought the Move bundle and returned it like a week later. It's very fun at first, but you're not going to want to play it after you try it out. Maybe if you constantly have a lot of people at your house or something, idk.
i'm hoping they have the killzone bundle so that way I get the 300$ playstation with the show and killzone with it for the same price. The offer expires tomorrow and im afraid they wont have on in the stores in my area. I'm hoping then to carry the two games back to walmart for 120$ worth of credit lol.

The move is something that I dont see me using by myself. But I figured for 400$ ps3,move, the show 11, controller and sports champ move game isnt a bad deal.

Last edited by georgiafan : 03-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Watch out for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. That is all.
That is a beautiful trailer.

The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone planning on getting socom 4 next month? Its made by a different company then the one's who made socom confrontation. I might get it depending on the reviews and the beta I got from killzone 3.

Oh. And people who got 'the show 11'. Theres the same bug where superstars (alot) become free agents. Making it too unrealistic, I was reading.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 03-13-2011 at 09:24 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That LA Noire game looks sick, I'll probly rent it though and beat it quick.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-14-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Anyone planning on getting socom 4 next month? Its made by a different company then the one's who made socom confrontation. I might get it depending on the reviews and the beta I got from killzone 3.

Oh. And people who got 'the show 11'. Theres the same bug where superstars (alot) become free agents. Making it too unrealistic, I was reading.
It doesnt happen till after like 2014 and suppose to be working on a fix.

I'm loving road to the show I made my myself a closer so I could go throw the games quicker. I finished my first year with a ERA of about 5 and got traded midseason to the crappy astros. I got the call in the offseason to AAA.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea. The show's bug for franchise mode

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I haven't even played the Franchise mode at all. I have a tendency of simulating a whole lot, and it's not fun for me. I have started a couple of RTTS's with a pitcher and a SS, pretty fun.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

NCAA '12 (notice the dreads)

Old 03-14-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Cool Cool, I hope they tweaked the recruiting.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Cool Cool, I hope they tweaked the recruiting.
I loved the recruiting last year, there is always room for improvement I hope they dont change it to much. Last year was the first year where I couldnt automatically get the best rated recruiting class. I had to strategy and not just click buttons to dominate in it. I do know some people dont like spending as much time on it as I do though.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I loved the recruiting last year, there is always room for improvement I hope they dont change it to much. Last year was the first year where I couldnt automatically get the best rated recruiting class. I had to strategy and not just click buttons to dominate in it. I do know some people dont like spending as much time on it as I do though.
Recruiting is definitely my favorite part of the game. What I always end up doing is recruit one class, redshirt all, and the recruit another class and start all freshman the coming year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More importantly...they need to have a good balance with the recruit's overall ratings. Because it was broken last year. Your O-Line was **** an unrepairable by year 3. The game was not fun to sim with, if you were trying to turn a crap program around. Nothing like having all 60's on the O-Line.

I remember getting all excited when I landed some 4 star O-Lineman and they were still in the low 60s sometimes. It was a mess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Has anyone tried Killzone 3 with the move and the move gun? It looks like it would be cool

I got this for free and about half way through I like the single player. I've never been much into online play, but this seems like a game to try it out on. I usually dont like playing it bc im not that good and get killed in seconds. What online games/modes would yall think i would like?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More importantly...they need to have a good balance with the recruit's overall ratings. Because it was broken last year. Your O-Line was **** an unrepairable by year 3. The game was not fun to sim with, if you were trying to turn a crap program around. Nothing like having all 60's on the O-Line.

I remember getting all excited when I landed some 4 star O-Lineman and they were still in the low 60s sometimes. It was a mess.
Knowing EA, they probably won't fix that simply because they don't have to in order to sell copies. The developers probably will not gather enough data from future sims to realize this problem. I know exactly what you mean. I'm in year 7 of my Miami dynasty and I'm the only school with an A+ overall rating in the country. Most schools are in the B-/B range with a few teams sprinked in that can reach B+. The bad teams are terrible and the elite teams are hardly good.

EA is really all about the money these days, which is unfortunate. If they just realized that fixing/modifying/focusing on the most popular game mode (dynasty), they'd probably get more "return" customers that come BACK to the series than trying to pull new customers in every year.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog...-12-first-blog

First blog about NCAA '12
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Mortal Kombat demo rules.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Anyone have/play bad company 2 still? Is there a online player count like call of duty?

I might buy it. But I don't want to buy a game where most of the players leave in a month or two, because of a new game or whatever.

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Has anyone tried Killzone 3 with the move and the move gun? It looks like it would be cool

I got this for free and about half way through I like the single player. I've never been much into online play, but this seems like a game to try it out on. I usually dont like playing it bc im not that good and get killed in seconds. What online games/modes would yall think i would like?
I like warzone (a mix of 7 game modes in 1 round/game), but be warned. In call of duty online my kill death ratio is at least 1.00... But in killzone 3 its like 0.68 right now. I don't care for it much/quit if I die to much. Just saying its harder, to me at least.

My bad about double post

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I played killzone 3 online and I just find it no fun bc 5 seconds into the game I get killed by somebody before I even know they are there. I thought If I found the right game mode that wasnt so hard I would like it. So far no luck maybe it will be better on uncharted 2.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preordered Portal 2 on Amazon for $54.99. Get a $20 Amazon credit, free shipping, and it comes with the PC version.

Oh and I used Amazon gift cards. So I just spent $34.99 imaginary dollars on Portal 2...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 03-22-2011 at 10:20 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote