Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Preordered Portal 2 on Amazon for $54.99. Get a $20 Amazon credit, free shipping, and it comes with the PC version.

Oh and I used Amazon gift cards. So I just spent $34.99 imaginary dollars on Portal 2...
What type of game is Portal 1? All I read is positive things about it.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
What type of game is Portal 1? All I read is positive things about it.
It's basically a puzzle game. You use your gun to create portals to get through various levels. It's somewhat short and can get kind of repetitive, especially since there's no like CPU characters and you aren't battling anything really.

But it's really fun if you enjoy puzzle type games. Plus, you can only get it on PS3 with Orange Box, so I thought it was definitely worth it.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portal is freaking amazing, however the only thing concerning me about Portal 2 is whether a fully fleshed out game (8-10) hours might drag on a bit.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's basically a puzzle game. You use your gun to create portals to get through various levels. It's somewhat short and can get kind of repetitive, especially since there's no like CPU characters and you aren't battling anything really.

But it's really fun if you enjoy puzzle type games. Plus, you can only get it on PS3 with Orange Box, so I thought it was definitely worth it.
?

Portal is included in the 360 version of the Orange Box as well.

I honestly never got the Portal or the Half-life love. I had some fun with them, but dont hold them in insanely high regard like others. Not a big Valve fan in general. All their games feel to PC like...and I'm not a big fan of that PC feel. I've always been a console guy. They just feel like ports to the consoles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:43 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P.S. the Mortal Kombat demo rox.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because they were? it reminded me of playing doom on a console. literally, the best game ever on a pc. absolute crap on a console. if you only played anything valve has done on a console, well, you're sort of doing it wrong.
I know they were...but people still flock to their games on consoles. And their games dont compare to those that were actually built for consoles first, imo. Everything just feels so loose. I dont like how they play or feel. Just saying I'm not a fan. As for PC gaming itself...doesnt suit me. I hate playing with a mouse, feels incredibly unnatural to me.

But I will say this still...I still dont think Valve games are as great as a lot of people make them out to be. Personal taste really. I havent loved anything they've made, and I've never really cared for the "feel" of any of their games. I still love that gravity gun, however. But Valve and I just dont really agree on things.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I know they were...but people still flock to their games on consoles. And their games dont compare to those that were actually built for consoles first, imo. Everything just feels so loose. I dont like how they play or feel. Just saying I'm not a fan. As for PC gaming itself...doesnt suit me. I hate playing with a mouse, feels incredibly unnatural to me.

But I will say this still...I still dont think Valve games are as great as a lot of people make them out to be. Personal taste really. I havent loved anything they've made, and I've never really cared for the "feel" of any of their games. I still love that gravity gun, however.
That's funny, I think console shooters are incredibly unnatural. A mouse and WASD allows you the ranges of motion and precise aiming that's supposed to make a game difficult.

TF2 on PC > Any Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo game. Period. People will think I'm crazy for saying it, but once you become simply below average at using a mouse to aim, you will kick yourself for ever playing a shooter on a console.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Meh...pointing and clicking to shoot has always felt very unsatisfying. At least on the 360, I'm actually pulling a trigger. Shooters on the PS3 still feel pretty awkward, imo. But they're okay, once you get it down.

But yeah, I grew up a console kid...PC gaming is what feels unnatural to me. Navigating with a keyboard? Bleh. It's personal preference, I've tried to get into PC gaming, and it is just not happening. I dont even find it difficult, I just think it feels all wrong.

The 360 is pretty ideal for shooters for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-23-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the PC feels unnatural notion.
I started on consoles first though so I guess that's natural.
Not a big FPS fan anyways so there's that. I need to be able to see my character
Nothing is more frustrating then dying and never seen why.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I used to hate all FPS or any game with a first person perspective...not too long ago, either. It took a while, but I realized I was cutting out such a huge part of the game industry in avoiding these games. So I started trying out a bunch of them and a lot of them grew on me. Now it really makes no difference to me. Bioshock, Fallout, Metro 2033, Singularity, Condemned, Prey, and the Darkness are all very good to amazing games. They're all story driven as well. I still absolutely hate First Person tactical shooters, they bore the hell out of me and well, most military shooters in general. But the camera perspective doesnt bother me at all anymore. As long as there is a good story and solid enough game play, I'm happy in most cases.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
?

Portal is included in the 360 version of the Orange Box as well.

I honestly never got the Portal or the Half-life love. I had some fun with them, but dont hold them in insanely high regard like others. Not a big Valve fan in general. All their games feel to PC like...and I'm not a big fan of that PC feel. I've always been a console guy. They just feel like ports to the consoles.
I meant the only way to get it for the PS3 is through Orange Box.

I really like Half Life, mainly because it was really 3 separate games on Orange Box, plus Portal. I probably would have bought all 3 separately had I played the first originally. But the fact that it was all in one bundle made it pretty sweet.

Portal isn't a game you will get deep into, it's more just a fun game to play to pass time.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer PC to Consoles for FPS games.. but I play Console FPS because my computer sucks.

But I grew up on Doom and Duke Nukem and such.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with all of the improvements they've made to console FPS controls, it's still clunky as all hell compared to PC. And that will never change. I remember going to a friend's house and everyone was playing GoldenEye...I started playing a little bit and was just like "WTF is this trash?!" It was soooo horrible. the 4-way split screen, the horribly clunky controls, and it was just a terrible game... But everyone else loved it because they didn't have computers and hadn't played Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Doom, or Quake.

I am able to enjoy some console FPS's, though. Mostly just because I play with a few friends or with games like FEAR and Bioshock.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Even with all of the improvements they've made to console FPS controls, it's still clunky as all hell compared to PC. And that will never change. I remember going to a friend's house and everyone was playing GoldenEye...I started playing a little bit and was just like "WTF is this trash?!" It was soooo horrible. the 4-way split screen, the horribly clunky controls, and it was just a terrible game... But everyone else loved it because they didn't have computers and hadn't played Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Doom, or Quake.
Nooooo way, I loved Goldeneye and everyone I played it with were pretty familiar with PC shooters and they wuved it too.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because you lived in flint. they thought you might jump them if they disagreed.
hey HOW ABOUT I JUMP YOU
Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fyi Moth I just picked up AC Brotherhood for 25 bucks (used, but scratchless) on Amazon like 2 weeks ago. In the process of finishing it now. Another classic in the series. People will sell it for cheap after they beat it if you are willing.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nice buy. Yeah, I buy used all the time. I'm always looking for good deals. I havent played AC: Brotherhood yet, but I heard it's great. I'll get it eventually. I absolutely love the series...I enjoyed the first game and AC2 was absolutely fantastic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-24-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Nice buy. Yeah, I buy used all the time. I'm always looking for good deals. I havent played AC: Brotherhood yet, but I heard it's great. I'll get it eventually. I absolutely love the series...I enjoyed the first game and AC2 was absolutely fantastic.
I like AC2 just because I am a huge history nerd and love running around in the different cities. Plus I have always been really interested with Leonardo Da Vinci so him being in the game makes it that much better too.

They made Rome look amazing in AC Brotherhood so that's really fun though, plus you are able to buy all the famous landmarks once you get enough money (Pantheon, Colloseo, St Peters Basillica, etc). I just beat it last night, went on a 5 hour binge that ended in 4 in the morning. Good ending. There's also multiplayer in Brotherhood, I haven't got into it much but it looks pretty fun.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who got Killzone 3 and still have the Socom 4 beta code. The code is working now. The only crap part is. If you have a slow-ish connection. The beta is like 2GB total.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought New Vegas yesterday. I can tell already that it will end up being one of those games that will get me in trouble with the Mrs. I started to do something that should only take 5 min...... an hour and a half later, i emerged from the basement.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Why is it so hard to find a guy who doesn't glitch goal on NHL 11? I just want to play a hockey game...
Old 03-29-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Why is it so hard to find a guy who doesn't glitch goal on NHL 11? I just want to play a hockey game...
I haven't played NHL 11 but theres people like this in every single game who just have to find ways to exploit stuff instead of you know actually playing the game how its meant to be played. Theres no point to it but they must think there good because they can cheat to win.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Just bought New Vegas yesterday. I can tell already that it will end up being one of those games that will get me in trouble with the Mrs. I started to do something that should only take 5 min...... an hour and a half later, i emerged from the basement.
I have completely veered off from the main quest because I get side tracked by side quests and exploring. It's ridiculous. I go into a building, come out and am about to get back on track, but I see something in the distance so I run over to it and find more crap to do.

I will be like, "Ok, I have an hour until the Bulls game, I'll play a little New Vegas." Next thing I know it's 2 hours later, and I'm flipping to the Bulls game to get updates during load screens.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVC3... not big into fighting games but I really enjoy this one.
I remember when I was younger (and into SF), I used to love using Akuma
Not so much anymore... Wolverine, Deadpool and Dante ftw for me

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have completely veered off from the main quest because I get side tracked by side quests and exploring. It's ridiculous. I go into a building, come out and am about to get back on track, but I see something in the distance so I run over to it and find more crap to do.

I will be like, "Ok, I have an hour until the Bulls game, I'll play a little New Vegas." Next thing I know it's 2 hours later, and I'm flipping to the Bulls game to get updates during load screens.
you mean that there is a "main quest"?

actually, my problems with Fallout 3 were the main quest being relatively short & that you maxed out on levels waaaaaaaaaaay too early.

hopefully these issues are resolved in New Vegas.

What is the max level, anyway?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote