Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Can anyone explain why I hate the AFC?

I will start this out by saying that I hate 31 footballs teams in the NFL so it's not that I like more teams in the NFC. I'm also aware that I'm a fan of a NFC team, but I just find myself so uninterested with the AFC. WE all know the " AFC is the much superior conference" , but I just don't like one thing about it. What would cause this?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I will start this out by saying that I hate 31 footballs teams in the NFL so it's not that I like more teams in the NFC. I'm also aware that I'm a fan of a NFC team, but I just find myself so uninterested with the AFC. WE all know the " AFC is the much superior conference" , but I just don't like one thing about it. What would cause this?
I think its your NFC roots. I have the same feeling.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe because the AFC always wins the Super Bowl?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I think its your NFC roots. I have the same feeling.
well i have always been a bills fan... and i hate the AFC... My favorite team is in there... but i like more teams then in the NFC... maybe its because NFC teams are not in between me and the playoffs everyyear... but that is why i think i hate the AFC

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Maybe because the AFC always wins the Super Bowl?
As of late yes, but I have always hated the AFC, even when the NFC dominated winning it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just an illogical grudge? I dont see how you can say the AFC is uninteresting, theyre playing professional football arent they? and weve had some great games over in the AFC and intense rivarlies over recent years. If anything, it would seem one might be uninterested in the NFC because the AFC championship game is essentialy the superbowl it seems, at last the last 2 years were like that IMO...The Eagles and Panthers teams that lost to the Pats were damn good.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As of late yes, but I have always hated the AFC, even when the NFC dominated winning it.
I was just joking because you said you hate the "AFC is the much superior conference" comments.

Anyways, my favorite team is in the AFC (Browns) second favorite is the Saints and they're an NFC team, I don't dislike either conference.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
J-Dub

b/c your ***
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 07-10-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i read ur first post and figured that u explained it all right there....whats left to say?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it that Brett Favre does not play in the AFC?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.
Yeah, I'm thinking that's the reason too. There is very little tradition in the AFC. That, and the fact Manning plays in the AFC.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 07-10-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it has something to do with the underdog factor. I am sick of hearing how great the AFC is, and how much better than the NFC it is. I root for the NFC, whenever possible.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think it has something to do with the underdog factor. I am sick of hearing how great the AFC is, and how much better than the NFC it is. I root for the NFC, whenever possible.
Word, sir.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even though theyre not as old as the Bears teams like the 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots...and the list can go on have plenty of tradition. Tradition is not measured by how many years youve been in the NFL. You guys are being pretty ridiculous but I guess you realize that.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, that could be, but I was never a fan of the AFC even when I was a little chillen and the NFC was the powerhouse conference.

they get smoked.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Even though theyre not as old as the Bears teams like the 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots...and the list can go on have plenty of tradition. Tradition is not measured by how many years youve been in the NFL. You guys are being pretty ridiculous but I guess you realize that.
That would help your argument if all those teams were in the AFC.

they get smoked.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The AFC is great, and much better than the NFC.

Yeah, I went there.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

Yeah, I went there.
Haha, agreed! AFC POWER!

As for why you hate the AFC, maybe it's in your genes or something. If you've always hated it then I really have to explanation. Maybe you hate the color red?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

Yeah, I went there.
Dude, you like the Jaguars.

they get smoked.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, you like the Jaguars.
Umm...touché...? (What the heck, I'll play along.)

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7954273

This spells it out well.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

The AFC is just a higher quality of football. The games are much more fun to watch. Does that bother you or the fact that I just said that bother you?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
The AFC is just a higher quality of football. The games are much more fun to watch. Does that bother you or the fact that I just said that bother you?
Well i just said I DON'T find the AFC more entertaining, so I am unable to see how that pertains to my question.

they get smoked.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to agree w/ you on this, AFC teams just dont interest me either. I mean you have teams like Miami, or the Bills, Jags, ect, just no interest there for me. Maybe its cause I am in the midwest, and really dont care about anything outside of the midwest, but I just cant really stand the AFC either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote