Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same reason I hate the Western Conference in the NBA. You're probably tired of hearing how much better they are.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you are a naysayer.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.
You ever heard of the Chiefs? It is our late owner, Lamar Hunt, who started the AFL to rival the NFL. It is Lamar Hunt who came up with the name "Super Bowl". The Chiefs went to 2 out of the first 4 super bowls and won one of them. The AFC Championship trophy is named after Lamar Hunt.

Not sure how you can say only NFC teams helped found the NFL when half of the NFL, the AFC, owes it's existence to Lamar Hunt.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe its because the AFC games on cbs always look old school, and out dated...and the NFC games on fox always look crisp and modern and new school....

at least thats the feel i get on sundays from both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
You ever heard of the Chiefs? It is our late owner, Lamar Hunt, who started the AFL to rival the NFL. It is Lamar Hunt who came up with the name "Super Bowl". The Chiefs went to 2 out of the first 4 super bowls and won one of them. The AFC Championship trophy is named after Lamar Hunt.

Not sure how you can say only NFC teams helped found the NFL when half of the NFL, the AFC, owes it's existence to Lamar Hunt.
Not sure if you're aware of this, but there was an NFL 50 years before there was a Superbowl.

Read a book.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
maybe its because the AFC games on cbs always look old school, and out dated...and the NFC games on fox always look crisp and modern and new school....

Really? I think CBS has better coverage. I can't stand Fox, they always try to do these weird camera angles in the middle of the field and **** and it just doesn't work.

Oh well, I guess I just like football, I'll watch AFC or NFC, I could careless.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Could it be that the AFC kicks the NFC arse in almost every area. They got the better QB's, the more exciting offenses.

And the AFC has the more exciting cities. Yes I went there.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.

I thought about that too. I mean you could even include Dallas in that if you wanted. It really has a lot more classic teams. AFC has the Steelers, Browns, Jets, and that's it.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure if you're aware of this, but there was an NFL 50 years before there was a Superbowl.

Read a book.
America's Game is an excellent choice.

And if all else fails...*cough*Wikipedia*cough*

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I thought about that too. I mean you could even include Dallas in that if you wanted. It really has a lot more classic teams. AFC has the Steelers, Browns, Jets, and that's it.
The Chiefs and Raiders are classic teams as well the whole we have older teams makes us a better conference thing is a joke.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
The Chiefs and Raiders are classic teams as well the whole we have older teams makes us a better conference thing is a joke.
This isn't a better conference, we're just brainstorming ideas why he doesn't like the AFC, and he is a Packer fan so it might be a possiblilty.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I HATE watching games on Fox, no matter who the teams. I can't stand when Bengals games are on there.

I actually thought about that but then I realized how much I hated watching them on Fox so surely everyone else did too.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I HATE watching games on Fox, no matter who the teams. I can't stand when Bengals games are on there.

I actually thought about that but then I realized how much I hated watching them on Fox so surely everyone else did too.
Fox sucks. I hate Joe Buck (he does baseball games). He has like no emotion.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post

I agree, I don't know what it is about Fox, but when I had to watch the Chargers on it last year, it was driving me crazy...I guess because I'm just used to CBS.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fox sucks. I hate Joe Buck (he does baseball games). He has like no emotion.
Yeah not only do I hate their layout, I hate their announcers and I'm not the sort to get bothered by announcers that often.

A lot of it may just be that us AFC fans are so used to the CBS coverage but I like Sunday Football and Monday night layout so who knows.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like FOX's layout better. Joe Buck's okay, I don't hate him like some people do.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I actually like FOX's layout better. Joe Buck's okay, I don't hate him like some people do.
He never gets excited at all. I like announcers who get into the games, that's where memorable calls are made. "Down Goes Frazier!", "Flutie Did It!", stuff like that. I mean, he called the game where the Red Sox won the World Series and he sounded like he didn't care.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find the NFC less entertaining, did back when they were dominant too. It's probably because your team isn't there.

So is the hatred of Manning simply an irrational one, or is it perhaps because you fear the inevitable? ;)

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate FOX and CBS
CBS' cameras do something that i cant explain, to me it looks like they have tinted cameras or something. I love to watch games on NBC and ESPN

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just cant get into CBS cameras as much, they dont look the same as espn or fox games....it looks like the cameras are older they are using or something, seems like when i watch a game on fox its more up to date...or could be due to me watching majority cowboy games so much...

but ive been trying to switch over, i tried to catch as many titans games as i could since Vince started, and if they have some good AFC games on vs the NFC games ill def watch those regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He never gets excited at all. I like announcers who get into the games, that's where memorable calls are made. "Down Goes Frazier!", "Flutie Did It!", stuff like that. I mean, he called the game where the Red Sox won the World Series and he sounded like he didn't care.
No "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?! YES!" or "I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!"?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:

Read a book.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Nothing I said in my post went against that. The fact still stands that the most important game in today's NFL was named by the late Lamar Hunt, RIP. The AFC also owes it's existence to him. I guess you might have a reason to scorn him then. If it wasn't for the AFC being created perhaps there would have been no Indianapolis Colts to kick the Bears ass in the super bowl.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

I hate CBS because they spend so much time advertising all of their stupid shows. I could care less about those shows. I want to hear about football.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
Really? I think CBS has better coverage. I can't stand Fox, they always try to do these weird camera angles in the middle of the field and **** and it just doesn't work.

Oh well, I guess I just like football, I'll watch AFC or NFC, I could careless.
I agree with you 100%. Fox has terrible camera angles that make any kind of depth perception impossible. Many times, you can't tell the difference between a 2 yard run and a 5 yard run. Also, I don't know how anyone can say FOX looks sharper, maybe its just the NFC north games, but the games we get here always look terrible. That being said, I feel the same way the original poster does except about the NFC. There just seems to be a physical element lacking from most NFC teams. However, I will occasionally watch NFC north games, especially the Bears, because I feel like they could fit in well enough in the AFC.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate how fox has that bar across the top of the game, it bothers me a lot, i'd rather just have the box in the corner like cbs. also hate that fox pretty much is always showing the cardinals here in az and who the hell wants to watch them???
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote