Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I kinda like the NFC more than the AFC too. I think its because a majority of the AFC's best teams are Defensive teams while avout 3/4 of the NFC's teams are Offensive Teams.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well im really not interested in the AFC either, all their live games just look boring, the NFC just has more life but maybe its just fox
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
The AFC is great, and much better than the NFC.

Yeah, I went there.
For now...
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Could it be that the AFC kicks the NFC arse in almost every area. They got the better QB's, the more exciting offenses.

And the AFC has the more exciting cities. Yes I went there.
What does the AFC have on the NFC...

Houston Miami = New Orleans (pre-Katrina)
Boston < Chicago
San Diego < San Francisco
New York = Well we got that too
Tennessee
We win. I went there.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
For now...
I'd say for the next 5 years plus.

The AFC is currently benefitting from Manning, Brady and Palmer just like the NFC benefited from Aikman, Favre and Young.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'd say for the next 5 years plus.

The AFC is currently benefitting from Manning, Brady and Palmer just like the NFC benefited from Aikman, Favre and Young.
Well...

Manning = Favre
Palmer = Young
Brady = Aikman

But yeah, you have a good point there.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
And the AFC has the more exciting cities. Yes I went there.
What? The NFC champs are from the greatest city in the world! But then, I'm biased, having family in Illinois.

Outside of my confessed bias, of those I've been to, I've found NFC cities more interesting. Oakland doesn't have very much tourism-wise; Denver people can't drive; did my family & I even go through KC on the way to Branson, MO a few years ago? On the other hand, in the NFC, I loved Fisherman's Wharf in SF and Navy Pier in Chicago. So, to sum this up in an on-topic way, the NFC has more interesting cities, contrary to eacantdraft's claim.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

My cousin is a Bears fan and I'm a Packers fan and we both stick to FOX games (NFC Games) for the most part. It's just part of growing up a fan of an NFC team and watching other NFC teams play. Us Packers, Bears, etc. fans watch the NFC so much, whether it's the opponent, which is usually an NFC team, or the game following it if it's double-header week.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
What? The NFC champs are from the greatest city in the world! But then, I'm biased, having family in Illinois.

Outside of my confessed bias, of those I've been to, I've found NFC cities more interesting. Oakland doesn't have very much tourism-wise; Denver people can't drive; did my family & I even go through KC on the way to Branson, MO a few years ago? On the other hand, in the NFC, I loved Fisherman's Wharf in SF and Navy Pier in Chicago. So, to sum this up in an on-topic way, the NFC has more interesting cities, contrary to eacantdraft's claim.
KC is for the most part boring
NY is great, thats a plus for both sides
I liked GB, but thats cuz im a packer fan
And I love going to DC
San Fran was pretty good

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
What does the AFC have on the NFC...

Houston Miami = New Orleans (pre-Katrina)
Boston < Chicago
San Diego < San Francisco
New York = Well we got that too
Tennessee
We win. I went there.
SD is much more interesting than SF. The weather alone beats any city in the US, it's perect year round. Miami is also much more enjoyable than NO the other 11 months out of the year.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Badger_Fan

I like the NFC a lot more because you have always have so many teams competing in for the wild card. In the AFC you have the superior teams that always make the playoffs and no one cares about the other ones.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
The AFC is just a higher quality of football. The games are much more fun to watch. Does that bother you or the fact that I just said that bother you?
Its not really though, its just that the AFC's long period of sucktitude has led to them being able to draft a lot of players who're blossoming now and having had free cap space to sign good free agents for a number of years.

I garuntee you that in a few years it'll shift back and the NFC will be the superior conference.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will there be a time when they are even??

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I will start this out by saying that I hate 31 footballs teams in the NFL so it's not that I like more teams in the NFC. I'm also aware that I'm a fan of a NFC team, but I just find myself so uninterested with the AFC. WE all know the " AFC is the much superior conference" , but I just don't like one thing about it. What would cause this?
I actually to have the same mentality. Have no Idea why though. I mean it's not like the NBA with East and West, where they are known have different styles of play(Run and Gun vs. Slowing it down), or the MLB(AL vs. NL) where there is a obvious difference in offensive numbers and the DH argument. Both leagues in NFL are relatively the same. Probably as somebody said the roots of your fanship.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
have you even been to ANY of those places? how, exactly, is dallas better than houston? have you been to new orleans recently to have any kind of vaguely educated opinion? ugh. if you don't travel, or haven't been to one of these cities, please don't bother opining about it.

also, DaBears9654: your assertaion that people in denver can't drive is interesting. you must have been here during the winter or the summer when the entire states of California and Texas drive in with cars they don't know how to handle in conditions they're incapable of driving in. the vast majority of denverites (year round) are far better bad weather drivers than anywhere else i've been and are usually good regular drivers. far better than nearly any east/west coast city.
I was born and raised in Dallas, so maybe it's just homegrown thing, but it does get dull around here. Don't get me wrong I would love to live here all my life, raise my famlily here and all that but it's far from being a vacation spot. Dallas does have a great night life, a there's lot of things to do, but I'm just not into it. I've been to the Houston/Galveston area a lot and I enjoyed it there, aside from burning the crap out of my eyes while swimming, thanks to the water over there. But maybe I just enjoyed it there because it's a new place for me.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm the opposite of the NFC fans here. I'm a fan of the Packers in the NFC, but that has caused me to hate other NFC teams. obviously division rivals piss me off, as do teams that the Packers compete against for playoff position.

so, as far as teams i like outside of the Packers, it's mostly AFC teams that stay outa the Pack's way except for once every 4 years.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote