Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-10-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Discrimination of Canadian Football Players by NCAA Scouts

http://www.preps.ca/article/discrimi...y-ncaa-scouts/

This is an interesting article written by a teammate of mine. I have played with or against many of those players listed in there, and most of them have starting potential on almost any college team. Matt Adetuyi is one of the fastest, most athletic and hard-hitting LBs in North American HS Football, period. I recommend looking up his and Mike Mizerski's videos on youtube. Mizerski is at UManitoba in Canada after failing to receive a US offer. Adetuyi attended some camps this summer but I still don't think he has found a home.

I just thought it's interesting and important for American fans to know that they're missing out on talented athletes and prospects, with no one to fault but their team's own scouts.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's unfair, I agree. I don't play at the OV level like you do, but I played on a damn good league team with some players I think could potentially play in the US. One's a RB, but he broke his ankle two seasons ago and then in our playoff game last year, he tore his ACL, so unfortunately he might have lost his oppurtunity. But he was the team's best runner, receiver and blocker. Great all-around player. Another is a linebacker, a year younger than me, he's a beast, plain and simple. Benches 300 at age 15, runs a 4.7, 6'2" 195 with 2 years to grow. He definitely has the measurables but he's a bit raw, even he'll admit. On the bright side, he was actually talked to by a top-notch BCS school at a camp, so who knows. The other guy is a QB, he's really accurate, has a good arm, but hes also really on the small side for a QB which is unfortunate since he is very talented. He'll definitely play in Canada at the worst, but who knows, someone might take a chance on him. There are also two guys I played with who are as talented as anyone, but have really done some stupid stuff and probably lost whatever chance they had.

If I played in the US, all those guys would at the very least be looked at by the local university, just because they're hometown guys, and that might really be the problem. If there was a local university offering them a scholarship, they could go. But there isn't one because we have the CIS, which gives like $1500 max or something like that. And I don't think anyone can deny that in order to make it in the NCAA as a Canadian you have to be much, much better than an American would.

Oh, and before anyone comes in here spewing about All Canadians suck at football or whatever, please save it(certainly overall the US has better players but to say there are no great Canadian players is simply moronic). You don't need to broadcast your stupidity and ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I follow BC a lot and I know they sign some Canadians, I haven't heard of many on other teams, though.

Didn't USC sign a Canadian DL the other day?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I follow BC a lot and I know they sign some Canadians, I haven't heard of many on other teams, though.

By the other day you mean 2 1/2 months ago your correct.

Trey Henderson 6-3 275 DT who is only 16 years old.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Read the article, they signed him on a full scholarship only after another team offered and they knew they had to step their game up.

Canadian schools offer a max of about $3000, buy you must have an 80+ average to qualify.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting article. Being from Norway this issue is all new to me, and I agree that something needs to be done. Every player, no matter what country he is from, should get an equal opportunity.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
By the other day you mean 2 1/2 months ago your correct.

Trey Henderson 6-3 275 DT who is only 16 years old.
Michigan signed Renaldo Sagesse, a DT from Montreal. 6'4, 315 lbs. Three-time All-Canada selection FWIW.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I whole-heartedly agree as well. I mean one kid on my team is the best runningback in my city, and he's only a sophomore. Give him a couple years andhe could be the best running back in Ontario. But with the location of the city I live in (Sudbury, 4 hours north of Toronto), he will probably never get looked at.

Now, this may be an extreme example, but I'm sure that some small NOrtheastern American schools like UConn or oneo f the directional Michigan's could find some hidden talent in certain parts of Canada which could make them better teams

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Yup, I agree 100%. Ive been to camps and had coaches come talk to me toask me what school I go to. I say St. Francis Xavier, they say where abouts, I say just outside of Toronto, and they literally walkaway! Why should where Im from have anyting to do with it. If i was on the field banging with these guys are supposedly better than me, and you obviously saw something that made you walk up to talk to me, then why would you turn around and walk away after hearing Im Canadian???

On of my teammates, actually two High School, Chris Greaves 6'5 250 pounds when leaving high school, was being recruited by Michigan State, Akron and Buffalo, and neither offered saying he needed to bulk up!!! You kidding me, obvioulsy they have seen something they like in him, and if worst comes to worst, they know how he plays, red shirt him and let him BULK up. Hes at Western right now started 4 games at the end of the season, and is probably going to start the rest of his career, barring injury.

Maurice Forbes was a BEAST!! After grade 12+, he was almost 6'3 and about 300 pounds. He benched 315 as a warmup, and was being recruited by Michigan, Rutgers Penn State, and again was told he was too short to play DT. The friggin guy has an NFL ready body. He took a year off trying to see if anythign would come up. Nothing changed. He is now going to Concordia in September.

Its amazing tho. No one udnerstand until they see it first hand. Its really bad, becsuse coaches dont realize that Canada is a GOLD MINE!!! Too many really good players are being over looked. For god sakes, etk, I was at the combine when Jamal George ran a 4.29 electric. 4.29!!!! Theres talent everywhere. The OVFL is spewing with talent. Theres only one other option for us Canadians who want to be given a shot in the US, thats JuCo. Thats where Im heading, hopefully for a year so I can get in and out, and someone sees it.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thats a great article. I bet if some of these players went to some american schools camps and combines they could get some serious looks if they do well. Also they should send out highlight tapes. Taylor Bennet QB at G Tech wasnt that impressive in high school, and was only getting looks from small schools but he sent out highlight tapes and went to G Techs camp, now look at him. One of my friends goes to a high school that is awful at football but hes a stud 6'5 280, 4.98 electric 40, his mom made a highlight tape of him and sent it to schools, he has since recieved invites to combines and camps, and now he has 2 D1 offers from the camps

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

WOW! You guys wont believe what I just got in an email from Rivals.com....

From RedFlagSports.com

Latest News

The Ticker

Recruit Search

Visit Dates

Message Boards

Canadian Football Fan,

Rivals.com is proud to announce the launch of our first High School football site devoted entirely to players and teams in Canada, RedFlagSports.com.

From Quebec to Saskatchewan and everywhere in Manitoba, RedFlagSports will cover it all. High school teams and high school players looking for exposure in the states this is the place to go.

Get to RedFlagSports.com for all the latest in Canada.

If it happens in Canada, you will read about it first at RedFlagSports.com

www.RedFlagSports.com

I guess something is getting out.

BTW jbeans187, Ive been to camps in the states, and combines, and honestly American coaches aren't interested. Ive been turned down, just look at what I wrote previously.

Last edited by Billingsley26 : 07-11-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its amazing even at camps players are ignored, thanks for bringing this to attention

Old 07-11-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Its amazing even at camps players are ignored, thanks for bringing this to attention

It really is. Its tough to believe, but jbeans187 your pretty understanding and you seem to be in the know. It sucks, but hopefully this new Rivals Canada thing will help. I hope it does, just seems a little late. But then again, better late than never.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
LB51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
WOW! You guys wont believe what I just got in an email from Rivals.com....

From RedFlagSports.com

Latest News

The Ticker

Recruit Search

Visit Dates

Message Boards

Canadian Football Fan,

Rivals.com is proud to announce the launch of our first High School football site devoted entirely to players and teams in Canada, RedFlagSports.com.

From Quebec to Saskatchewan and everywhere in Manitoba, RedFlagSports will cover it all. High school teams and high school players looking for exposure in the states this is the place to go.

Get to RedFlagSports.com for all the latest in Canada.

If it happens in Canada, you will read about it first at RedFlagSports.com

www.RedFlagSports.com

I guess something is getting out.

BTW jbeans187, Ive been to camps in the states, and combines, and honestly American coaches aren't interested. Ive been turned down, just look at what I wrote previously.
i rly hope this have this site up by next year
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
I whole-heartedly agree as well. I mean one kid on my team is the best runningback in my city, and he's only a sophomore. Give him a couple years andhe could be the best running back in Ontario. But with the location of the city I live in (Sudbury, 4 hours north of Toronto), he will probably never get looked at.

Now, this may be an extreme example, but I'm sure that some small NOrtheastern American schools like UConn or oneo f the directional Michigan's could find some hidden talent in certain parts of Canada which could make them better teams
Jamal Hyman, a freshman on my OV team, is going to be the best running back in Ontario. He's 6'0 180, built like a truck and an amazing natural athlete. His potential is off the charts, and teams will be all over him. Problem is, none will probably offer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Thats a great article. I bet if some of these players went to some american schools camps and combines they could get some serious looks if they do well. Also they should send out highlight tapes. Taylor Bennet QB at G Tech wasnt that impressive in high school, and was only getting looks from small schools but he sent out highlight tapes and went to G Techs camp, now look at him. One of my friends goes to a high school that is awful at football but hes a stud 6'5 280, 4.98 electric 40, his mom made a highlight tape of him and sent it to schools, he has since recieved invites to combines and camps, and now he has 2 D1 offers from the camps
Check out Mizerksi and Adetuyi's tapes on youtube. That's all I have to say. It's different for americans...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very true, we have a great RB on our team that I play alongside, repeat offensive POTW Branden Gillanders, he blazes by everybody and looks like Reggie Bush out there with his jukes.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Jamal Hyman, a freshman on my OV team, is going to be the best running back in Ontario. He's 6'0 180, built like a truck and an amazing natural athlete. His potential is off the charts, and teams will be all over him. Problem is, none will probably offer...

Check out Mizerksi and Adetuyi's tapes on youtube. That's all I have to say. It's different for americans...
Adetuyi is a man among boyz, he lights people up

Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its the level of competition i would hope more than anything.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why don't they just go play football for colleges in Canada. This is the N(National)CAA. Not the I(International)CAA. :p
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Why don't they just go play football for colleges in Canada. This is the N(National)CAA. Not the I(International)CAA. :p
Um because players want to play at the highest level, and the NCAA is the highest level. We're not asking to integrate the CIS and NCAA, it's just asking to give Canadian kids a look. Come on think a little next time.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
LB51

back ta the canadian rivals thing...

is ther ne indication of wen they will make it
?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
On of my teammates, actually two High School, Chris Greaves 6'5 250 pounds when leaving high school, was being recruited by Michigan State, Akron and Buffalo, and neither offered saying he needed to bulk up!!! You kidding me, obvioulsy they have seen something they like in him, and if worst comes to worst, they know how he plays, red shirt him and let him BULK up. Hes at Western right now started 4 games at the end of the season, and is probably going to start the rest of his career, barring injury.
No offer from Buffalo: The ultimate rejection.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
No offer from Buffalo: The ultimate rejection.
Ya well the funny thing is, I went to school with Robert Pavlovic TE with South Carolina now, and he got rejected by Buffalo, and the South Carolina coach at the time laughed and said thats why they are where they are and laughed at them. I thought that was funny!!! LOL!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB51 View Post
back ta the canadian rivals thing...

is ther ne indication of wen they will make it
?
On the wbsite it said up in 9 days, that was when I posted the link to it. Once I clicked on it, it said there was no story. So who knows.

LB51, where are you from?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's definitely the lack of competition. For instance, I watched an average team in my conference play against a Canadian team and it wasn't even fair. They beat them by about 60 points. It was as if the other team had never played the game before. Obviously, this is just one team, but Canadian high school football just isn't very good. Of course there are some good players, but it's just like D-1AA football like the article states. What the article leaves out is that maybe one or two players from 1-AA make an impact in the NFL each year. Also, Canadian high school football compared to 5A Texas high school football is more like division 2 than 1-AA. Shall we look at the number of D2 players making an impact in the NFL? Good athletes come from everywhere, Canada included. The problem is, that doesn't translate to being able to make the step up from playing against awful players to playing with people just as athletic and gifted as they are.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote