Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
WOW! VY10, I have lost all respect I ever had for you!!!! You are arguing and being a big baby over something that wasnt even brought up in this arguement between myself and njx9. We were arguing over different opportunities one could have, and he brought up the fact of walking on to a team but......enough of you. Honestly like etk said, this is ignorance at its FINEST! Im done talking about this with you, read all the posts and udnerstand.

Oh BTW, its very understandable that you dont know who St. Mikes, or St. Andrews or Lorne Park are.....YOU LIVE 5000 MILES AWAY YOU DUMBASS!
I don't understand. That is the problem. If you don't get a scholarship you can't complain. If you don't live in our country you can't complain how expensive our colleges are. If talent is good, coaches will come. Enough said. However, talent is not good. I'm sure your top notch athletes play hockey instead. Canada has its own colleges for a reason and that is to educate the masses of Canadians and these colleges have athletics to allow Canadians to play sports.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
I don't understand. That is the problem. If you don't get a scholarship you can't complain. If you don't live in our country you can't complain how expensive our colleges are. If talent is good, coaches will come. Enough said. However, talent is not good. I'm sure your top notch athletes play hockey instead. Canada has its own colleges for a reason and that is to educate the masses of Canadians and these colleges have athletics to allow Canadians to play sports.
1st. Sorry for snapping on you like that and calling you a dumbass. Didnt mean it.

2nd. I understand what your saying. But like I said Ive been to a camp in which a coach came up to me during drills and began talking to me. He asked me where I went to school. I said St. Francis Xavier, he said from where, I said Toronto. And he walked away. Obviously he saw something he liked in me enough to come and talk, but to walk away immediately after I said I was from Toronto was unheard of. That is the point were trying to make. Canadian have a much higher ceiling, and are just as good athletes as Americans.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
The two of you simply don't understand the concept of the Canadian athlete wanting to attend American university on a full scholarship. It's quite simple actually: full scholarship! Canadian universities can only give up to about $3000 "bursary" to incoming athletes, and that hinges on an 80+ average in Grade 12 and maintaining a 70 in university. Canadians strive to play in the US because they can get a free education and play on the highest level, does that not make sense? Walking onto a team defeats the purpose because American tuition is far more expensive and you don't even get the small amount that Canadian schools offer, you get $0. Many of these players I mentioned would walk on at a university with the confidence and expectation of earning a scholarship, however they can't even afford that initial year of paying.
No I understand the concept. I am however anti-complaining about how expensive OUT OF COUNTRY colleges are. We(AMERICANS) pay taxes for these public schools and private ones are already expensive. I have no sympathy for someone out of the country that can't afford to come to our colleges that are provided to educate our population. Get over it! It is complete ignorance to be making this argument because the colleges weren't established for Canadians in the first place. Canada has its own colleges. If you aren't good enough at football, go there.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
1st. Sorry for snapping on you like that and calling you a dumbass. Didnt mean it.

2nd. I understand what your saying. But like I said Ive been to a camp in which a coach came up to me during drills and began talking to me. He asked me where I went to school. I said St. Francis Xavier, he said from where, I said Toronto. And he walked away. Obviously he saw something he liked in me enough to come and talk, but to walk away immediately after I said I was from Toronto was unheard of. That is the point were trying to make. Canadian have a much higher ceiling, and are just as good athletes as Americans.
OK now we have some eye-witness proof. I can understand that. I also understand that there are good Canadian athletes (I am under the impression most choose to play hockey.)
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
I don't understand. That is the problem. If you don't get a scholarship you can't complain. If you don't live in our country you can't complain how expensive our colleges are. If talent is good, coaches will come. Enough said. However, talent is not good. I'm sure your top notch athletes play hockey instead. Canada has its own colleges for a reason and that is to educate the masses of Canadians and these colleges have athletics to allow Canadians to play sports.
You are a big steaming pot of ignorance. I guess rednecks ran out of people to insult for religion, race and sexual orientation, so now you have to settle for bashing people based on where they're from, even though you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Typical redneck Texan making generalizations about Canadians based on overused American misconceptions. It's a tired act.

Your last sentence proves your ignorance towards Canadians, as you claim that our "colleges" are there to educate the masses of Canadians and allow them to play sports. Problem is, most Canadian students attend university and very few colleges have extensive athletic programs here.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
1st. Sorry for snapping on you like that and calling you a dumbass. Didnt mean it.

2nd. I understand what your saying. But like I said Ive been to a camp in which a coach came up to me during drills and began talking to me. He asked me where I went to school. I said St. Francis Xavier, he said from where, I said Toronto. And he walked away. Obviously he saw something he liked in me enough to come and talk, but to walk away immediately after I said I was from Toronto was unheard of. That is the point were trying to make. Canadian have a much higher ceiling, and are just as good athletes as Americans.
Do you know Evan Petrie?
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You are a big steaming pot of ignorance. I guess rednecks ran out of people to insult for religion, race and sexual orientation, so now you have to settle for bashing people based on where they're from, even though you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Typical redneck Texan making generalizations about Canadians based on overused American misconceptions. It's a tired act.

Your last sentence proves your ignorance towards Canadians, as you claim that our "colleges" are there to educate the masses of Canadians and allow them to play sports. Problem is, most Canadian students attend university and very few colleges have extensive athletic programs here.
CHHEEAA!!! Actualyl etk, I think that colleges only have basketball and volleyball as their sports. Could be wrong but that is what I believe. BTW. Gamerama has it in...were you able to pick it up??
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
No I understand the concept. I am however anti-complaining about how expensive OUT OF COUNTRY colleges are. We(AMERICANS) pay taxes for these public schools and private ones are already expensive. I have no sympathy for someone out of the country that can't afford to come to our colleges that are provided to educate our population. Get over it! It is complete ignorance to be making this argument because the colleges weren't established for Canadians in the first place. Canada has its own colleges. If you aren't good enough at football, go there.
Colleges are established to educate, period. Do professors distinguish between students based on what country they're from? My friend from Mexico told me that 2/5 Mexicans goe to North America for post-secondary education. Is that a problem for you? I was under the impression that American colleges weren't Nazi territory and "aliens" were allowed to attend, but I guess I'm wrong. Sorry.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Do you know Evan Petrie?
SURE DO! Goes to my school. Hes a head case big time!!!!! But hes a very solid RB. Good speed and hes a very patient runner. Hes got power too, trust me. He is a retty good RB all around and if hes on his game Id say near the top in the league. However, it seemed pretty easy to knock him off his game as he unloads pretty easily. Still prepare for his best. Im sure he will bring it, hes a competitor.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
CHHEEAA!!! Actualyl etk, I think that colleges only have basketball and volleyball as their sports. Could be wrong but that is what I believe. BTW. Gamerama has it in...were you able to pick it up??
LOL. ****. I went there at about 5:30 and they said they might get it in half-an-hour. I thought it was BS so I went home. ****. I'm going away this weekend so I won't get it until the legitimate release date, after we take on your old team on MNF.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
SURE DO! Goes to my school. Hes a head case big time!!!!! But hes a very solid RB. Good speed and hes a very patient runner. Hes got power too, trust me. He is a retty good RB all around and if hes on his game Id say near the top in the league. However, it seemed pretty easy to knock him off his game as he unloads pretty easily. Still prepare for his best. Im sure he will bring it, hes a competitor.
He's not their starter, Terrick Defour is. I know Evan from Camp Olympia, he was a funny kid, but at that point he just joked around a lot. I didn't think he'd turn into a head case. I don't believe your "power" statement, he can't be taller than 5'9 and heavier than 170 by now. He's a good athlete, though, and I hope he gets lots of touches. I'll mess with his head a bit :)
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
OK now we have some eye-witness proof. I can understand that. I also understand that there are good Canadian athletes (I am under the impression most choose to play hockey.)
Yea, Im gonna have to agree with etk on this one. That was very redneck of you to say that.

For the population of Canada, we have a great deal of our population playing football. In Mississauga alone (the city I live in) there are roughly 700,000 people here, and there are 23 high schools that have football. Thats pretty good for us. Not to mention the province of Ontario has a league called the Ontario Varsity Football League www.ovfootball.ca, there are 24 teams from across the province. Great league. I play for the Brampton Bulldogs, etk for the Metro Toronto Wildcats, and there is talent oozing out of this league. Almost anyone who gets a scholorship from Ontario is from this league. There is a great deal of football going on. Not to mention Team Ontario. There are actually 3 team Ontarios-west, central and east (at least when I played) for the Under 17's and only one team for the Under 19's. There is the Northern Football Conference, semi-pro league, as well as the Canadian Junior Football League from all across the country. Football is a lot bigger here than you think.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You are a big steaming pot of ignorance. I guess rednecks ran out of people to insult for religion, race and sexual orientation, so now you have to settle for bashing people based on where they're from, even though you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Typical redneck Texan making generalizations about Canadians based on overused American misconceptions. It's a tired act.

Your last sentence proves your ignorance towards Canadians, as you claim that our "colleges" are there to educate the masses of Canadians and allow them to play sports. Problem is, most Canadian students attend university and very few colleges have extensive athletic programs here.
Sorry duuuuude. I'm basing all my arguments off the fact that if I was a college football coach and I saw a talented player I wouldn't care if he was from Antarctica, China, Japan, Canada, or wherever. Obviously my assumption is that Canadian football talent can not be that high if they aren't recruited heavily. I am all for talented Canadians attending American universities and increasing the intellectual, artistic, and athletic programs at the university. I am however not for Canadians complaining how expensive it is if they cannot receive a scholarship - thus the go to a college in Canada.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
He's not their starter, Terrick Defour is. I know Evan from Camp Olympia, he was a funny kid, but at that point he just joked around a lot. I didn't think he'd turn into a head case. I don't believe your "power" statement, he can't be taller than 5'9 and heavier than 170 by now. He's a good athlete, though, and I hope he gets lots of touches. I'll mess with his head a bit :)
HAHAH, I used to go to Camp Olympia. Is Dave Grace still the owner? I went for two years before getting in a fight and not being invited back, lol. I went for baseball, football and water sports. Call me crazy, but water sports looked rediculously fun the first time i went so I had to try it. Im pretty sure Evan and Terrick split time. Evan like I said, or maybe not, has pretty good power for his size. He can get low and drop the shoulder, but the thing I like about him is his patience. Hes very quick to the outside. But like I said he cant get nutty. Terrick is more power tho, I remember him always dropping his shoulder. Hes tough, look out for him. Be ready for both. BTW, Blair Smith is CRAP! they will not throw the ball, he will only run it.

EDIT- Evan actually got kicked off the junior team at our highschool for pulling a stunt like Marcus Vick did on Elvis Dumerville, except the kids helmet was off and it was on the kids face. Just thought I should put that in there.

Last edited by Billingsley26 : 07-12-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Sorry duuuuude. I'm basing all my arguments off the fact that if I was a college football coach and I saw a talented player I wouldn't care if he was from Antarctica, China, Japan, Canada, or wherever. Obviously my assumption is that Canadian football talent can not be that high if they aren't recruited heavily. I am all for talented Canadians attending American universities and increasing the intellectual, artistic, and athletic programs at the university. I am however not for Canadians complaining how expensive it is if they cannot receive a scholarship - thus the go to a college in Canada.
hmm...that is a fair argument and assumption. That's the way it should be, but frankly it's more complicated than that for some odd reason. Once again I encourage you to look up videos of guys like Matt Adetuyi, Mike Mizerski & Ricky Clarke.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
HAHAH, I used to go to Camp Olympia. Is Dave Grace still the owner? I went for two years before getting in a fight and not being invited back, lol. I went for baseball, football and water sports. Call me crazy, but water sports looked rediculously fun the first time i went so I had to try it. Im pretty sure Evan and Terrick split time. Evan like I said, or maybe not, has pretty good power for his size. He can get low and drop the shoulder, but the thing I like about him is his patience. Hes very quick to the outside. But like I said he cant get nutty. Terrick is more power tho, I remember him always dropping his shoulder. Hes tough, look out for him. Be ready for both. BTW, Blair Smith is CRAP! they will not throw the ball, he will only run it.
Blair Smith was their WR last year and I remember jacking him up on the sideline, lol. Terrick also is patient and likes to run off-tackle and cut to the outside at the last second. It'll be tough for me to suck up my pride, trust my teammates and not over-commit to the inside trying to be a hero. They basically run 3 plays as their bread-and-butter, so all we have to is shut those down. I'm very confident in our defense this week.

Edit: Water sports was only good because of the hot 14 year-olds in bikinis (I was 13 back then so it's legit).
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Check out Courtney Stephen, Appolo Charlton, Jermain LEwis-Parris, you'll see how good these kids really are. Trust me, just go to youtube and try it out. Actually here is the link.

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...earch=Sear ch
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Blair Smith was their WR last year and I remember jacking him up on the sideline, lol. Terrick also is patient and likes to run off-tackle and cut to the outside at the last second. It'll be tough for me to suck up my pride, trust my teammates and not over-commit to the inside trying to be a hero. They basically run 3 plays as their bread-and-butter, so all we have to is shut those down. I'm very confident in our defense this week.

Edit: Water sports was only good because of the hot 14 year-olds in bikinis (I was 13 back then so it's legit).
Ya the JV Warriors are a very basic team. I know the OC, and he likes to go with certain plays all the time. Trust me. He'll go toss left, then right, then left then right again. Or off tackle right, then left, then right again. Seriously. It aint hard to stop.

Yea trust me about watersports. I went when I was grade 7 and 8 i think, or 8 and 9.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Yea, Im gonna have to agree with etk on this one. That was very redneck of you to say that.

For the population of Canada, we have a great deal of our population playing football. In Mississauga alone (the city I live in) there are roughly 700,000 people here, and there are 23 high schools that have football. Thats pretty good for us. Not to mention the province of Ontario has a league called the Ontario Varsity Football League www.ovfootball.ca, there are 24 teams from across the province. Great league. I play for the Brampton Bulldogs, etk for the Metro Toronto Wildcats, and there is talent oozing out of this league. Almost anyone who gets a scholorship from Ontario is from this league. There is a great deal of football going on. Not to mention Team Ontario. There are actually 3 team Ontarios-west, central and east (at least when I played) for the Under 17's and only one team for the Under 19's. There is the Northern Football Conference, semi-pro league, as well as the Canadian Junior Football League from all across the country. Football is a lot bigger here than you think.
Yes. There is football. Hockey however seems to be the chief export of athletic talent along with other winter sports such as skiing and ice-skating from Canada. That is why I assume your top athletes play hockey.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/

Go to this website. Under the blue line is "Find your team". Every single one of those (A couple exceptions) are schools with highschool football in just the "Houstonish" area. Not included are schools such as Odessa Permian (The Movie Friday Night Lights), Midland Lee, Southlake Carroll, etc. I.E. western Texas teams. I also believe that there are some Louisiana teams there though I am not sure.

http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1843

-I believe this is free but here you can see the texas top 100 according to rivals. 1-100 range from 5* to 3*, not even in the level of 2* yet.

With states like Texas, Florida, and California that are so deep in American talent the need to go and hunt for talent in Canada isn't necessary by big time programs. It is also more difficult. I don't doubt that there are a couple of good football players in Canada, there just aren't enough good football players in Canada to really receive any recruiting attention.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,661
Reputation: 909102
dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Redbirds Center Jonathon St. Pierre of Quebec came way as of Miami. So apparently he was not good enough for Div. I.
__________________

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
With states like Texas, Florida, and California that are so deep in American talent the need to go and hunt for talent in Canada isn't necessary by big time programs. It is also more difficult. I don't doubt that there are a couple of good football players in Canada, there just aren't enough good football players in Canada to really receive any recruiting attention.
There's no doubt that the big-time programs can live without Canadians, lol. A lot of smaller schools that are trying to fight with the big boys should take some "risks" and offer scholarships to the exceptional Canadian prospects. If they can't recruit the best players from their state they should look no further than Canada, where there's plenty of blooming talent that would jump on any offer.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fernando Torres's bedroom
Posts: 12,471
Reputation: 2617987
Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Two words...Renaldo Sagesse (He's a freak)
__________________

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
There's no doubt that the big-time programs can live without Canadians, lol. A lot of smaller schools that are trying to fight with the big boys should take some "risks" and offer scholarships to the exceptional Canadian prospects. If they can't recruit the best players from their state they should look no further than Canada, where there's plenty of blooming talent that would jump on any offer.
That I can agree with.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
Two words...Renaldo Sagesse (He's a freak)
Really? What can you tell me about him besides his measurables? Is he that good?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fernando Torres's bedroom
Posts: 12,471
Reputation: 2617987
Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Really? What can you tell me about him besides his measurables? Is he that good?
I have played against and with him. He is fast, quick and athletic for his size and he's was a stud in Vieux-Montréal for like 4 years. Hopefully he'll dominate like he did here.
__________________

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.