Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I think the Jags have shown in the past if they think your a good player and the fact Morrison is still pretty young I wouldn't be suprised if they work out a nice contract for a long term.

LB, I think Newton willbe the thrid center and probably back gaurd somewhere but I am just greatly concerned there isn't alot of depth there since the backup center is also the starting gaurd. Estes does need to build up some more strength though before I think he can hold up to NFL Dlineman. Harris on the other hand I just have a feeling if they try to put him on PS he won't clear the waivers, I know the Saints had some major interest in the kid and there were other teams that showed some interest.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
Well I think the Jags have shown in the past if they think your a good player and the fact Morrison is still pretty young I wouldn't be suprised if they work out a nice contract for a long term.

LB, I think Newton willbe the thrid center and probably back gaurd somewhere but I am just greatly concerned there isn't alot of depth there since the backup center is also the starting gaurd. Estes does need to build up some more strength though before I think he can hold up to NFL Dlineman. Harris on the other hand I just have a feeling if they try to put him on PS he won't clear the waivers, I know the Saints had some major interest in the kid and there were other teams that showed some interest.
In no particular order: the top needs are G/C, S, and QB. Plus I love the defensive switch. Stroud/Henderson=clog the middle. Knighton/Alaulu-attack the middle.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was good to hear Alualu excited about penetrating the backfield every play instead of reading. I wonder what his stats would have been like had Cal let him loose.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there garrard9, Stroud could rush the passer with the best of them and Henderson could stop the run like Knighton and still had some pass rush too.

I agree with your needs mostly. Although, I think Alexander is a good safety (you'll see when the QB doesn't have all day to throw). The issue now is the other safety.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there garrard9, Stroud could rush the passer with the best of them and Henderson could stop the run like Knighton and still had some pass rush too.

I agree with your needs mostly. Although, I think Alexander is a good safety (you'll see when the QB doesn't have all day to throw). The issue now is the other safety.
Perhaps your right but the principle (IMO) is that there job was to take on blockers to free up the LB's.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-02-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, g9, you are completely right in that regard. The Jags defense is based on rangy LBs who are supposed to make all the plays while the DL keeps them clean. I basically was saying that Stroud and Henderson together were very special and could do both that and rush the passer.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with Morrison. I think the Jags' run defense will suffer if Morrison is the starting MLB, but...best of luck anyway. Oakland is happy to see him go. Hard to support a LB who sticks to blockers like they're covered in flypaper.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

yeaaa, Oakland sucks, thats really all there is to it.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

This begs the age old question, is it Morrison played on a bad defense and that limited his abilites or is it that his abilites ie tackling aren't that good. I would go with the fact he has over 100 tackles a season since coming into the league it is the Raiders defense was just that bad.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I think I might be done with the jaguars.com message board. It boggles my mind sometimes trying to figure out the thought process of some of these people.... bigcatcountry, Ask Vic and ESPN South Blog all the way!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I might be done with the jaguars.com message board. It boggles my mind sometimes trying to figure out the thought process of some of these people.... bigcatcountry, Ask Vic and ESPN South Blog all the way!
I stopped posting on that forum about five years ago dude. It's ******* terrible.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
I've been a fan of Vic for awhile. He has his critics and at times they make good points. However, he's a intelligent and succinct writer. His Ask Vic columns are hilarious. Seriously, people on this board obviously see the Matt Jones/Arkansas fanbase thing with Tebow/Florida. IF tebow does not succeed I hope the fans don't become apologists.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are your guys expectations for next year?

I really don't know if we'll compete for the playoffs. Mostly because I go into every season expecting David Garrard to have a Jake Delhomme type of dropoff.

Ultimately, I think we're a .500 team. A few breaks either way could leave us a 10 win team or a 6 win team. We'll see what happens.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
I sadly keep posting on the main forums. Not high on BCC anymore, got a stupid message from Alfie who I guess is one of their new editors because I said BCC posted they liked McCown better then Garrard. Love Vic though, he might refer to Pitts to much but I love his this is what I think and if you don't shut up attitude, won't miss a jaguars this week show unless they don't post it on the main page.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

I really don't know if we'll compete for the playoffs. Mostly because I go into every season expecting David Garrard to have a Jake Delhomme type of dropoff.

Ultimately, I think we're a .500 team. A few breaks either way could leave us a 10 win team or a 6 win team. We'll see what happens.
10-6 and a playoff appearance. It all hinges on getting sacks and giving up sacks. Improve the lines and improve the team. I'm pumped to see how Durant, Morrison, Smith do. I always felt Daryl could be a Pro Bowl OLB

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I believe 9-7 is a very reasonable goal for the Jags.

I agree with g9 in that, the offense could be really, really good if Garrard (or any QB back there) has the time to pass. The same goes with the defensive pass rush. So long as Mathis and Cox and whomever else don't have to cover for 10 seconds, then the defense will be that much better.

I say 9-7 because Houston seems to have really helped themselves this offseason, the Colts are still the Colts, the Chargers are still pretty good, as are the Eagles, the Redskins look to have improved somewhat, Oakland has a decent defense and will have a better offense, Dallas is good, and hell, the Browns beat us last season. I think the only sure fire wins are against Buffalo and Kansas City.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

The problem with 9-7 is no playoffs and Del Rio gets the pink slip. I know there are some Jags fans that will cheer about that but I am not one of them. I hope we can manage 10-6 or if it is another season like last I guess we could sneak in at 9-7.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I just think we are another year away from dominating.

Next year we get a QB stud, a safety and interior line. Then the team will be young at every position and hopefully really good.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

hmm. With our division I think .500 is a good estimate. But I want to be more optimistic. The reason I'm not is because I think the division will be very tight again.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Delhomme's drop-off was preceded by Tommy John's surgery.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Basically, it all depends on the OL and DL.

On offense, I like all of our skill players and contrary to the vocal knee-jerkers, Garrard is not that bad when he has time. Blocking would make everyone better.

On defense I love our LBs and we have a great duo at CB. I really like Alexander and hope that we find someone to play next to him. A pass rush will make everyone better here too.

Anyway, to change the subject some, next years draft!

I seriously believe that the Jags will be willing to trade up for whoever they like at QB. We are a young QB and good safety away from being young and good for a long time! Luck sounds like he might be the first guy taken, followed by Locker. I wonder what slot we'll pick and what it'll take to move into the top 10 (maybe if we need to).

Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Sounds like the Oline is changing this year, manuwai is moving next to Britton so that should be our mauling run side, then either it willbe Forney on the LG spot with Uche in the middle which if Forney has a couple of good years left in him that would work, he is not as old and injured history as Meester.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
This begs the age old question, is it Morrison played on a bad defense and that limited his abilites or is it that his abilites ie tackling aren't that good. I would go with the fact he has over 100 tackles a season since coming into the league it is the Raiders defense was just that bad.
Easy to tally up a ton of tackles when teams run against you all game long.

If the Jags' DTs can keep the guards and center from reaching the second level, Morrison can be adequate. But if a blocker gets to him, he's blocked. Over with.

Maybe better coaching will help this, but you'll often see him losing his gap, having to redirect and try to get back in position...just being in the wrong place routinely. He gets a lot of his tackles chasing the play from behind because of this. You won't see too many stuffs.

But, like I said, good luck. Just know there was a reason Oakland dropped a top 10 pick to replace him.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Basically, it all depends on the OL and DL.

On offense, I like all of our skill players and contrary to the vocal knee-jerkers, Garrard is not that bad when he has time. Blocking would make everyone better.

On defense I love our LBs and we have a great duo at CB. I really like Alexander and hope that we find someone to play next to him. A pass rush will make everyone better here too.

Anyway, to change the subject some, next years draft!

I seriously believe that the Jags will be willing to trade up for whoever they like at QB. We are a young QB and good safety away from being young and good for a long time! Luck sounds like he might be the first guy taken, followed by Locker. I wonder what slot we'll pick and what it'll take to move into the top 10 (maybe if we need to).
My guy is Ryan Mallett. Big time arm strength and plays in the SEC. He's the guy I want. Keep an eye on non power conference guys Nathan Enderle from Idaho I think and Colin Kaepernick from Nevada.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

g9, let's get off of the whole SEC thing. You find a good QB where you find one. Mallet scares me somewhat because his massive height, which to me, makes his legs a massive target for the opposing pass rush.

By the way, I'm a UF graduate, so there is no anti-SEC bias here.