Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Cohen was a veryyyy underrated part of that 2006 Florida team that won the national title. He was a major reason why they had such little dropoff when Marcus Thomas was bouncing in and out of the lineup.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hows Morrison doing for you guys?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Hows Morrison doing for you guys?
He tackled well the two preseason games he was in, other then that we have no real idea what to expect from out starting LB core since at no time did all of them play together during preseason.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cohen played at Ohio??? Never played for the Gators?

EDIT

I see now. The Jags got LANDON Cohen.

You are thinking of JOE Cohen. Both actually were on the Lions last year....

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904

Last edited by The Linebacker : 09-09-2010 at 02:15 PM.
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
Cohen played at Ohio??? Never played for the Gators?
Crap, saw the last name and position and just assumed it was Joe Cohen from Florida.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well Dillard's season is over, Matthews is promoted from the PS to full time status and Jarret Dillard goes to IR.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-0 BITCHES!

Good

Garrard - excellent game, very precise
Aaron Kampman - **** YES, omg we have a pass rush you guys!
Mike Thomas - is he our #1 WR?
Marcedes Lewis - oh yeahh

Bad

Mike Sims-Walker - he could do better

Ugly

Derek Cox - terrible game, falling all over the place. Needs to play better or David Jones will get his spot

Del Rio's 4th down call - stupid stupid stupid. I'm for pushing the envelope on 4th down, but on your own 40? that's just asking for the other team to score a TD, which is what happened. Also, if you're gonna do it, don't run up the middle. QB sneak please.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

It seems to me Jones is on the rise and Cox is falling, he got benched so that tells you something when a team that wouldn't bench Reggie Nelson benchs you there is a problem. Also I want to point out Mathis did a great job out there, should of had that pick if not for the interference by the wideout.

Kampman deserves a whole paragraph of praise. The guy is just amazing coming back from an injury like that and play like he did today, our Dline is fixed folks, the LBers are doing well and if Jones plays like he did today I think our secondary will do alight.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:59 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 ------ Wow guys. Just wow. Give Cox a break. We know he can play. He did it all last year. The dude had a crappy day. He fell down on what I counted was 3 plays. The QB/WRs made some nice throw/catch combos. He'll get back on his horse. Stop with the knee jerk reactions. Anyway, I trust Coach to play the most prepared player on Sundays.

Reggie wasn't benched because we had no one else. You could tell Cox was having an awful day, where nothing can go right. Coach realized that and pulled the trigger.

One good thing from the meltdown was that we got to see that David Jones was a good pick up. I thought he had some pretty tight coverage and made some decent tackles out there. That's great to see.

Mathis had an extremely good game yesterday. Made all the necessary plays and also go in on some tackling, which is very un-Mathis like. I agree, that INT was his had he not gotten wacked in the face.

2 ------- Mike Thomas is what he is. MSW is still the #1, but really, does it matter what their designations are? Both will be on the field all year together and I don't believe that it matters what we call them. They are both money. I think MSW might have been rattled after that big hit by the defenders in the 1st half.

Side note: Mike Thomas did me well in fantasy! Now he just needs to score some TDs.

3 ------- Marcedes. Wow. Great game. I knew he had it in him. He looks so much more fluid than his rookie season. He's a huge target with great hands. Love it.

4. ------- Del Rio's call was gutsy. This was against a team that seemed to drive with ease against us, but then would beat themselves and we'd get our sack. I understand what Coach was thinking. You keep them off the field. You tire out that defense. You make the rest of the game easier to win. MoJo had been pounding the rock well enough. I just think in situation like that you spread the field out with 4 wide or something and let MoJo take a 1v1 instead of the whole DL because hes more than likely going to knock a single guy back into the hole that way. Statistically we are great at gaining that 2 inches. I know its my preference, but I would go for it all day on 4th and 1 or shorter. Except when its already in FG distance.

*EDIT* -- I forgot that it was within like 1 minute of half time. Yea, that was a stupid call. Trust the defense on that one.

5 -----I'm not ready to declare the DL fixed yet. We threw tons of blitzes at them Sunday. We need consistency. Also, Kampman is getting older. I want to see something from our rookie edge rushers. I want the future to shine today before I call the DL fixed.

Last edited by The Linebacker : 09-13-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Actually if you look back to preseason Cox had alot of issues there. Today, in the Ask Vic section on the Jags mainpage Vic talks about a foot injury on Cox that is potentially bothering him so hopefully that is it and once he is healed up he gets back to being himself. Kampman maybe older but he has a couple of good season left in him baring any more major injurys, he didn't start right away with Green Bay so he isn't as beatup as he could be. This gives Gene a couple of season to keep working on the Dline. I was disappointed Austen Lane was inactive I was hoping to see him in the rotation but it is what it is. MSW did this same thing in preseason, but boy did he recover so I am not really worried about him yet and Mike Thomas is going to be one of the two receivers on the field pretty much the whole game no matter where the line him up.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, what was up with Mike Sims-Walker vs. Denver?

did Champ just have him on lock or was he just not targeted? I have him in fantasy and I really didn't expect him to put up such low totals. (0 points)
Old 09-14-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

He was double covered most of the game, Bailey played on him to start then switched to Thomas through out the game. I think next week the Chargers aren't going to double team him and watch Lewis and Thomas take them apart.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

+1 to Aura's break down.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugly

everything

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-19-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well for Bmore MSW got him some points. To the rest of us lets hope for a major rebound versus the Eagles.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Darn you West Coast Curse!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

2009 Week 4 at Seattle: L 41-0
2009 Week 11 at SF: 20-3 L
2010 Week at San Diego: 38-13

Seriously, what the f**k!?!?

Side Note: What's the deal w/ Derek Cox? Played like crap last week and inactive yesterday. Lingering foot problem?

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Vic is hinting he has not been doing well in practice so the benching is lost faith in him. That is concerning but maybe it is good it is happening because David Jones is looking like the real deal.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
Vic is hinting he has not been doing well in practice so the benching is lost faith in him. That is concerning but maybe it is good it is happening because David Jones is looking like the real deal.
The team needs Cox to get going. In this era of the NFL you need at least three quality DB's. Maybe Don Carey gets an extended look.

sig by jkpigskin
Old 09-20-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I thought Coe did pretty good in preseason, not sure if he was out there on Sunday since the only coverage I saw was from David Jones and Mathis most of the time.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Well, there willbe no QB controversy in Jacksonville this season, sounds like the Jags are ready to resign Todd Bouman for the backup spot.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

hrng

Good

Pot Roast. Nice penetration from him.

Ugly

Pass defense. Jesus ******* Christ it could not get worse. We overemphasized pass rush in the offseason to the point where we neglected our secondary.

David Garrard. he sucks, plain and simple

Offensive line. Got beat all to hell. Monroe and Britton had bad games.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
hrng

Good

Pot Roast. Nice penetration from him.

Ugly

Pass defense. Jesus ******* Christ it could not get worse. We overemphasized pass rush in the offseason to the point where we neglected our secondary.

David Garrard. he sucks, plain and simple

Offensive line. Got beat all to hell. Monroe and Britton had bad games.
As my handle states, I've supported Garrard for a long time. No more. OL played poorly but the fact is that after the PIT playoff game he got a free pass. Clearly it's time for a change.

So who do we like: Luck, Locker, Mallett, Ponder???

sig by jkpigskin
Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Luck as of now, but I'm going to start watching all of them very intently.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I will jump on the Luck bandwagon, and given how bad we are playing we might actually have the pick of QBs we want.