Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

had one more Mock, discussed it with my good friend and kinda created this one...

1. Cam Jordon, DT/DE
2. Martez Wilson, ILB
3. Andy Dalton, QB
4. Curtis Marsh, CB
4. Kris O'Dowd, C
5. Nate Irving, LB
6. Shiloh Keo, SS
7. Josh Thomas, CB

Generally speaking, I think we load up on corner to get the best players out there. We get the 2nd SS to make Greene have to compete. 2 LB's to upgrade the position, Dalton QBotF, O'Dowd to address aging interior, Jordan bc he is a beast.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dislike Wilson and O'Dowd. The rest are very solid football players and Marsh is kind of boom/bust. I don't understand, though, the idea of getting a SS to compete with Greene while letting Carey rot at FS.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me clarify. I think Greene can be a solid free safety if we get the FS situation cleared up. So why pick up another SS? Mel Tucker has already stated they want to play a more aggressive defense, with more press (I think that's what I heard in the interview). There are 2 corner backs in the mock. The general idea I had is this, pick the best 3 DB's in general and put them out there. I think Tucker wants to have the true roving FS, which I think most corner can accomplish and I think he wants the SS to press the attack. This is obviously speculation, but its what I think. The reason for another SS is that, like the QB situation when Leftwich and Garrard dueled, the better of the 2 players will play, and I think Greene has another level, which will only help the secondary. There's no way Carey starts back there again.

Also, this mock could drastically change if the CBA gets done before the draft.

Finally, what's wrong with Wilson? I think he could grow into the MLB spot and make the middle of the defense extremely strong. He seems to be a downhill player.

I admit, I put O'Dowd there bc I was just trying to fill the spot and a Center looked good.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Wilson's probably more of an SAM than a real 4-3 MIKE.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

And why do you think that? He's got the size to engage the point, the speed to flow sideline to sidelines, good enough tackling skills and flows downhill. I think he would be a perfect MLB. Also, you want size in the middle, because, well, thats where its biggest.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

He gets washed too easy and lets blockers get into his body too much. Love his size, but if you can't get off blocks, you shouldn't be a MIKE.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

If thats true, then its an extremely valid point. MLB will have to deal w/ OLmen much more frequently. Also, this applies to every LB, they cannot over pursue and get knocked out of the play. This will be something I have to look at. Potentially, he could still be an OLB, for the sheer fact that Daryl is a beast wherever he lines up.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
And why do you think that? He's got the size to engage the point, the speed to flow sideline to sidelines, good enough tackling skills and flows downhill. I think he would be a perfect MLB. Also, you want size in the middle, because, well, thats where its biggest.
I don't see many positives other than triangle numbers. Give me the guy who doesn't have the triangle numbers but is a better football player (Greg Jones).
Old 03-04-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

True, true. Haven't heard much about him (Wilson) either. I wouldn't hate on Greg Jones either. I'm just getting more and more of a feeling that GM Gene is gonna go to left field for this one. Potentially stocking up on corners and letting them duke it out, with the FS coming from that group. Same with LB.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

My Jags Mock Draft:

(16) DE Cameron Jordan
(49) OLB Bruce Carter
(80) QB Andy Dalton
(114) C Stefen Wisniewski
(121) S Tyler Sash
(147) CB Shareece Wright
(182) S Jeron Johnson

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
My Jags Mock Draft:

(16) DE Cameron Jordan
(49) OLB Bruce Carter
(80) QB Andy Dalton
(114) C Stefen Wisniewski
(121) S Tyler Sash
(147) CB Shareece Wright
(182) S Jeron Johnson
I came here to post my mock sometime before the draft but I want to quote this too, becase I like it a lot. But for my last mock...

1.16 Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State 6'2" 225
2.17 Mason Foster, OLB, Washington 6'1" 245
3.16 Greg Jones, MLB, Michigan State 6' 245
4.17 Mark LeGree, FS, Appalachian State 6' 210
4.24 Jeron Johnson SS, Boise State 5'10" 200
5.16 Cliff Matthews, DE, South Carolina 6'4" 260
6.17 Anthony Gray, DT, Southern Miss 6' 330
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

1.16 -- Cameron Jordon, DE, California, 6-4⅛ 287
2.17 -- Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada, 6-4⅝ 233
3.16 -- Greg Jones, LB, Michigan St., 6-⅛ 242
4.17 -- Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah St., 6-0 197
4.24 -- John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin, 6-4 319
5.16 -- Mana Silva, S, Hawaii, 6-1 206
6.17 -- Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall, 5-11 250

or

1.16 -- Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida, 6-5 303
2.17 -- Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh, 6-2⅞ 264
3.16 -- Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho, 6-4⅛ 240
4.17 -- Davon House, CB, New Mexico St., 6-0 200
4.24 -- Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami (FL), 6-1⅜ 238
5.16 -- Tyler Beiler, WR, Bridgewater, 6-1 185
6.17 -- Rod Isaac, CB, MTSU, 5-11 196

Old 04-22-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

First off we'll never draft Jabaal Sheard for the arrest he had and since Gene Smith is so big on Character.
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/18/15...heard-arrested

Linebacker I like your first mock more than your second. Unbiased I like your mock a lot except Im not sure about Anthony Gray in the 6th. Gene Smith in the last few years has seemed to find playmakers in those later rounds like Jennings, Deji Karim, and Zach Miller. I just think he strives in those rounds and Gray seems like a wasted pick. Linebacker I think your first mock is exactly the value that Gene would find in the later rounds even though Im not sure it would be those same people because it always seems to be small school guys except for Jennings. Take the 5th and 6th off your second mock and put them on your first and that could be exactly our draft.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I had no idea about Sheard. Good find. Here's my final mock.

1.16 -- Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada, 6-4⅝ 233 (or Jordan, Kerrigan, Locker or Ponder)
2.17 -- Rodney Hudson, OG, FSU, 6-2⅜ 299 (or Hankerson, Dalton, Foster, Moore)
3.16 -- Greg Jones, LB, Michigan St., 6-⅛ 242 (or Jurrell Casey, Edmund Gates, Legree)
4.17 -- Marc Schiechl, DE, Colorado School of Mines, 6-2.2 252 (or Devlin, Cecil Shorts, Marsh)
4.24 -- Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami (FL), 6-1⅜ 238 (Enderle, Rackley, Nate Irving, Davon House)
5.16 -- Mana Silva, S, Hawaii, 6-1 206 (or Anthony Gaitor, Julius Thomas, Lindsey-Woods)
6.17 -- Tyler Beiler, WR, Bridgewater, 6-1 185 (or Lester Jean, Mario Harvey, Josh Thomas)

Last edited by The Linebacker : 04-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

I had to copy you GBF, put my final mock in my sig.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

I truly believe we could get Kaepernick with our 2nd round pick and I would hate to skip the chance of getting a premiere pass rusher by reaching for someone I believe we could get with our second round pick

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Kaepernick currently is a 1st round talent. The ceiling is immense and the base is pretty high already. While I would love the chance to get him in the 2nd, it won't happen in the 2nd for the Jags.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Kaepernick currently is a 1st round talent. The ceiling is immense and the base is pretty high already. While I would love the chance to get him in the 2nd, it won't happen in the 2nd for the Jags.
If just three QBs go in the first I still think there would be 2 QBs that go ahead of Kaepernick....I don't think 3 QBs will go in the second round before our pick..

Newton/Gabbert/ and Locker or Ponder will go in the first...I don't think both will go in the first.

So it leaves Locker or Ponder and Dalton going in the second before our pick....I think Kaepernick will be there in the second.

I do love your Greg Jones pick though. I think not taking a DE higher 4.17 in this draft would be a bad thing considering all the talent at DE at the top of this draft.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST

Last edited by GatorsBullsFan : 04-27-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri

New Jaguars Quarterback

http://www.jaguars.com/news/images/t...0.jpg&size=367

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST

Last edited by GatorsBullsFan : 04-29-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Wow, well, I was half right. A QB in the first. To be honest, I didn't even think of Gabbert or so any research on him because I just assumed he wouldn't be available for the Jags.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

So who would of thought by day 3 the Jags still haven't drafted a defensive player?

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 05-01-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You bastards give Rod Issac back right now! Truly though this guy can turn into a very good pick for you guys. Big hitter, size, speed, physical, good tackler... really you could tell he was leaps and bounds better than anyone else on the field for MTSU. Won alot of match ups against Jerrel Jernigan too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
You bastards give Rod Issac back right now! Truly though this guy can turn into a very good pick for you guys. Big hitter, size, speed, physical, good tackler... really you could tell he was leaps and bounds better than anyone else on the field for MTSU. Won alot of match ups against Jerrel Jernigan too.
I hope so I hadn't heard much about him. I think our whole draft could be a huge eye opener for the rest of the football world that Gene Smith knows what he is doing

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

New Blaine Gabbert sig looks AWESOME!!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The guy I am interested in seeing on the field is the Safety from Wyoming, Chris Prosinski, if you get a chance look him up on youtube there is some game tape of the guy, talk about fast.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote