Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 03-29-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anybody heading to the draft this year?

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7 View Post
anybody heading to the draft this year?
I wish... New York is a pretty long drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
I wish... New York is a pretty long drive.
wow, i guess that makes me the luckiest jag fan ever

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 03-29-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Next Best Thing

Hey guys, I have a question. If Patrick Wills is there at 17 and Reggie Nelson is there, would you have a problem if we took Willis, and went Safety in rd 2 or 3?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Hey guys, I have a question. If Patrick Wills is there at 17 and Reggie Nelson is there, would you have a problem if we took Willis, and went Safety in rd 2 or 3?
Yes only because we need a quality safety because they will more than likely start from day one. Willis will be Peterson's backup. not worth it when we can get a quality LB late

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 03-29-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I'm super high on Willis, and wouldn't really have a problem with it. We could grab a Brandon Merriwether in Round 2.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 03-29-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I think their BAP level is somewhat equal. Therefore, I go with need and would take Nelson.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

I was wondering what a general thought on The Jaguars selecting Ted Ginn Jr. might be. I think it would be a great addition, but not necesarily the biggest need, nor the best opportunity at their selection. What others players do you think your team is targeting?
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
I was wondering what a general thought on The Jaguars selecting Ted Ginn Jr. might be. I think it would be a great addition, but not necesarily the biggest need, nor the best opportunity at their selection. What others players do you think your team is targeting?
absolutely not!!!!No Ginn, we need a safety. then maybe an LB or DE

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 03-29-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
If we hadn't of drafted Matt Jones two years ago, I think I'd be all for it. I just wouldn't be able to stomach drafting someone for the passing game five years in a row, especially considering that none of them is likely to ever become a legitimate number one target. We'd have a wide receiving corp full of role players - all of which carry a first round draft pick salary.

I'd much rather prefer to get Anthony Gonzales, Steve Smith, Johnny Lee Higgins, or Jason Hill in rounds 2-3.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, is anybody else getting really, really nervous that the Packers might take Nelson right before us?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
By the way, is anybody else getting really, really nervous that the Packers might take Nelson right before us?
Not so much, as I feel that if we got stuck with Michael Griffin or Merriwether I'd still be happy.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

New sig, thoughts?

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 03-29-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Panthers moreso.

If the Packers took Nelson, it'd be much like last year, what with DeAngelo Williams going to the Panthers the pick ahead of us.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

I really, really wanted DeAngelo, too. He was my favorite player in the entire draft. Although, I can't say I'm not happy with having MJD instead. :)

And yes, jag, I do like your sig. Mostly because I hate USC more than any team on the planet.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Salami

Quote:
If we hadn't of drafted Matt Jones two years ago, I think I'd be all for it. I just wouldn't be able to stomach drafting someone for the passing game five years in a row, especially considering that none of them is likely to ever become a legitimate number one target. We'd have a wide receiving corp full of role players - all of which carry a first round draft pick salary.

I'd much rather prefer to get Anthony Gonzales, Steve Smith, Johnny Lee Higgins, or Jason Hill in rounds 2-3.
I don't understand the optimism for Jason Hill. Pac 10 WRs are always mediocre, with the exception of the Bengals.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
I don't understand the optimism for Jason Hill. Pac 10 WRs are always mediocre, with the exception of the Bengals.
I would take Anthony Gonzalez over all said players

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 03-31-2007, 05:55 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Jacksonville, if Nelson is their target, will need to move up to get him. I can see Carolina giving him long consideration at 14, and it's possible that Chicago and San Diego could be looking at him in moving up (San Diego moreso than Chicago).

__________________________________________________ ______________

On a side note, what's the news on the Maurice Williams/Khalif Barnes battle? I figured that Maurice Williams might've been the favorite to begin with, and the release of the videotapes of the arrest last fall sure didn't do Khalif any favors. I wouldn't be surprised to see a young tackle get drafted anywhere, say, the 3rd round and on as a measure of protection.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think Jacksonville, if Nelson is their target, will need to move up to get him. I can see Carolina giving him long consideration at 14, and it's possible that Chicago and San Diego could be looking at him in moving up (San Diego moreso than Chicago).

__________________________________________________ ______________

On a side note, what's the news on the Maurice Williams/Khalif Barnes battle? I figured that Maurice Williams might've been the favorite to begin with, and the release of the videotapes of the arrest last fall sure didn't do Khalif any favors. I wouldn't be surprised to see a young tackle get drafted anywhere, say, the 3rd round and on as a measure of protection.
Khalif is one of our more underrated players, he's been outstanding in his year and a half of being the starter. So I don't really see Maurice taking his spot, because as of now word is there looking too trade Mo Williams.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 03-31-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Khalif is one of our more underrated players, he's been outstanding in his year and a half of being the starter. So I don't really see Maurice taking his spot, because as of now word is there looking too trade Mo Williams.
Exactly. Mo can't really hold a candle to Khalif, especially when it comes to pass blocking. I think the "Maurice and Khalif will compete at left tackle" rhetoric was more coachspeak than anything, as they don't want to devalue him. If he doesn't get traded on draft day, I assume we'd take all three tackles into training camp, and trade Mo to a team that loses a starting tackle due to injury in camp or preseason play (as it's probably inevitable). He's also a nice insurance policy in case that happens to one of our guys.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 03-31-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

Stoner last shot at the bet, loser wears a sig of the other schools team.

Deal?

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 03-31-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

before anything really begins, what are the expectations for Greg Jones this season?

big ups to Sf49ers1121
Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7 View Post
before anything really begins, what are the expectations for Greg Jones this season?
Short-yardage and goal-line carries, giving him about 5-7 TDs. Dunno about yardage.

I think he'll do fine overall, but I don't think he'll ever get [back?] to premier RB level.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

Quote:
Stoner last shot at the bet, loser wears a sig of the other schools team.

Deal?
Well I guess you can't win a bet you never accepted....

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 03-31-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well I guess you can't win a bet you never accepted....
Aw...I didn't get here in time. No worries though. The win's enough for me.

Chomp, chomp, chomp.