Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 12-29-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Although, word is that Del Rio likes Deon Grant as a leader/person, so we'll see.
I've heard that Campo really likes him, too, and has said that he's the most intelligent defensive back he's ever coached.

The problem is that we signed him to be a playmaker in the secondary, and he's had more mental lapses than big plays. However, if he were to resign to a palatable deal, I'd have no problem seeing him come back.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Sensabaugh will probably be starting next year...I don't see us bringing back Deon Grant, we'll most likely draft a Safety in the first round and let the safety split time with Sensabaugh....I agree that Sensabaugh will take over for Darius after next season...some say that we could trade Darius this offseason, while I dont' see that happening...Brian Williams is too valuable at the CB position to even think about moving him...

Grant has played miserable this season, last season he was alright, and the season before that was his best...he's given up big play after big play...Reggie Nelson is atop of everyone's draft board at the safety position, after that it's Michael Griffin...who is a beast as well...one of those guys will be on the roster next season unless they somehow draft Jamarcus Russel?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink

O/U
15%
We make the playoffs
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
O/U
15%
We make the playoffs
Over 25

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Leftwich a FA?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Is Leftwich a FA?
No. Next year is the last year of his contract.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:52 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Well, dont give up hope yet. All our scenarios are working out great and while the Raiders arent winning the game, at least its close.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Well it looks like we'll end up getting the boot from the playoffs as NYJ has a commanding lead with little time left. Best case scenario now is that we lose our game (likely), and hope that all the games end up as they are now. If Cincy and Tenessee both lose, we end up picking 18 or 19 IIRC.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game, fun way to end the season. My last good-bad-ugly:

Good: Quinn Gray...hmmm....

Gus Johnson's manlove of Quinn Gray singlehandedly made my day.

Bad: Defense. They got torn up out there.

Ugly: No playoffs. Ah well.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

quinn gray is not bad at all, does his performance really mean anything in the long run??

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7
quinn gray is not bad at all, does his performance really mean anything in the long run??
No this offically starts the race for troy smith/chris leak
Old 12-31-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I wish you were joking, but I know you aren't.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Tice and the whole team are possesed to haveing a black QB
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, Chiefs fan wanna say good game to you Jags fans. That was a fun game, and while things didn't work out for you guys, I really think you guys will be even better next year, especially with those two d tackles, can't go wrong with those guys.

And where the hell did Quinn Gray come from? That guy was impressive, although I have to wonder how much of that came from him playing the Chiefs defense. They really have a hard time with backup QBs, ask Derek Anderson.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jacksonville definently wins the award for choke team of the year. If we would of beat the Texans, Redskins, or the Bills we would be singing a different song right now.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:?
Ignore him. He hasn't shown anything remotely close to intelligence since he's been here.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Well, I suppose it's time for offseason discussion around here. :(

It's pretty clear that the biggest question going into the offseason is at quarterback. Gray coming in and playing fairly well muddles the situation even more.

The big question I have to ask about Gray is this: you're Jack Del Rio and you see these guys practice day in and day out. What makes you put Garrard over Gray on the depth chart?

I see the same scrambling ability with Gray than I do with Garrard, except I see better pocket awareness, and a better arm on medium and deep passes. Of course, decision making is a concern, as we really don't know Gray tendencies, but Garrard hasn't really shown much except his usual make one read and then take off routine.

After this season, I think it's pretty safe to say that Leftwich is the best quarterback on this team, and I don't think we're getting rid of any of these guys until training camp at the SOONEST. The problem with Leftwich, however, is how high maintenance he is.

In my opinion, the real quarterback competition is going to be between Garrard and Gray for the backup spot.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Well, I suppose it's time for offseason discussion around here. :(

It's pretty clear that the biggest question going into the offseason is at quarterback. Gray coming in and playing fairly well muddles the situation even more.

The big question I have to ask about Gray is this: you're Jack Del Rio and you see these guys practice day in and day out. What makes you put Garrard over Gray on the depth chart?

I see the same scrambling ability with Gray than I do with Garrard, except I see better pocket awareness, and a better arm on medium and deep passes. Of course, decision making is a concern, as we really don't know Gray tendencies, but Garrard hasn't really shown much except his usual make one read and then take off routine.

After this season, I think it's pretty safe to say that Leftwich is the best quarterback on this team, and I don't think we're getting rid of any of these guys until training camp at the SOONEST. The problem with Leftwich, however, is how high maintenance he is.

In my opinion, the real quarterback competition is going to be between Garrard and Gray for the backup spot.
I would have to agree. While he looked great out there early on, things started catching up with him late in the game. After all, he got away with a bad pick because of roughing-the-passer. It kinda makes me wonder if Gray is about level with Garrard, but we really don't know. He would have to start more games, and the Jaguars really can't afford that.

While I don't think Gray exactly won a higher roster slot yesterday, you have to wonder if it solidifies the Jags FO's opinion on their QB situation concering an attempt to get someone else via FA or the draft. I think they believe in the guys they have, and although all three need to improve in certain areas, they know that some of the blame needs to be partitioned to the wideouts.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-01-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink

I think B-Left should get another chance and if that dosent work out we should go with Colt Brennan in next years draft thoughts?
Old 01-01-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Colt Brennan is a product of "throw the ball 50 times a game" system in Hawaii...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink

If the Jags were going to trade Byron Leftwich to OAK what would you guys rather have , oaklands 2nd pick or Joey Porter or Randy Moss.

This is to settle a bet
Old 01-01-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
If the Jags were going to trade Byron Leftwich to OAK what would you guys rather have , oaklands 2nd pick or Joey Porter or Randy Moss.

This is to settle a bet
Draft pick
Old 01-01-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52

This is to settle a bet
Second pick.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-02-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heard a rumor that Jacksonville may be interested in Matt Schaub? Is there any validity to this?
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote