Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Freeney Signed

6 years $72 million per ESPN
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I never liked him. Spin moves are a big no-no in my book. I don't think one-dimensional DEs are worth long-term contracts because they tend to decline rapidly.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He deserves it. Amazing player.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2935483
Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent, now the franchise tag can be used on Sanders at season's end.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHAT!?!? that much for freeney, hes not even that good, maybe the Colt's best DE, but still not worth half that much

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I never liked him. Spin moves are a big no-no in my book. I don't think one-dimensional DEs are worth long-term contracts because they tend to decline rapidly.
Have you ever actually watched him play his gap, or are you judging him based on highlights in which he's normally asked to take the outside route, abandon his gap, and try to sack the QB?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He played 16 games this year, got 6 sacks, his stats were no better than KGB's and he doesnt make the big sacks in the big situations

Old 07-13-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Have you ever actually watched him play his gap, or are you judging him based on highlights in which he's normally asked to take the outside route, abandon his gap, and try to sack the QB?
I've seen him play plenty. Find me one defensive line coach who endorses spinning. Find me one person who thinks that Freeney isn't one-dimensional. He rushes the passer very well, but that's about it. KGB did the same a few years ago, and look at him now.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
ala KGB!!!! he is a good player but the contract is to long IMO

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
ala KGB!!!! he is a good player but the contract is to long IMO
Correct! Evantually he'll get old and lose his pass rush ability and then he'll have nothing

Old 07-13-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Correct! Evantually he'll get old and lose his pass rush ability and then he'll have nothing
Players and teams adapt to one-dimensional players. If all you do is rush the outside, they're going to adapt and stop you. That's why guys like Strahan who are so versatile are deadly.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Players and teams adapt to one-dimensional players. If all you do is rush the outside, they're going to adapt and stop you. That's why guys like Strahan who are so versatile are deadly.
Thats why pass rushers like merriman who have more than a spin... last so dam long... cause even when he slows down... he'll run you over or throw you(the OT) into the QB

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only player who has ever been able to stop a healthy Dwight Freeney consistently is Orlando Pace. Enough said.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I've seen him play plenty. Find me one defensive line coach who endorses spinning. Find me one person who thinks that Freeney isn't one-dimensional. He rushes the passer very well, but that's about it. KGB did the same a few years ago, and look at him now.
I asked if you'd ever seen him play his gap, not your opinion about Freeney's style of play, or to whom you think he compares. Would you like to answer the question now?

Quote:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
The only player who has ever been able to stop a healthy Dwight Freeney consistently is Orlando Pace. Enough said.
were not talking about this year or past years though brown... were meanign in 3 year he prolly wont be worth this... do you recall how fast KGB declined... it was epic!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-13-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is sweet, my aunt is now the travel agent of the highest paid defender in NFL history!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I asked if you'd ever seen him play his gap, not your opinion about Freeney's style of play, or to whom you think he compares. Would you like to answer the question now?
He never plays his gap. He goes after the QB every play. Hence his low tackle numbers...
Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
For a half. After the false start in the 3rd quarter, Pace was toast. Really, the OT who has stopped Freeney the best since Roaf retired is Levi Jones.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
He never plays his gap. He goes after the QB every play. Hence his low tackle numbers...
Again, you avoid the question instead of answering it. You're blaming him for doing what he's asked to do in the scheme. Now, would you please ANSWER the question?

Quote:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
were not talking about this year or past years though brown... were meanign in 3 year he prolly wont be worth this... do you recall how fast KGB declined... it was epic!
Yes, because 6'1" 268 and 6'4" 247 players are built so similarly...

Quote:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Again, you avoid the question instead of answering it. You're blaming him for doing what he's asked to do in the scheme. Now, would you please ANSWER the question?
I haven't seen him ever play his gap and make a solid run tackle, no. At least not off the top of my head. How would I remember such an insignificant play out of all the plays I've seen? This is all irrelevant anyway. He's one-dimensional, a liability against the run, and now extremely overpaid.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i've seen him try to be the tazmanian devil plenty of times and get shut down

he doesnt play run either.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When healthy he is still the most dominant pass rusher in the NFL. Good job by the Colts, definitely a necessary move.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I haven't seen him ever play his gap and make a solid run tackle, no. At least not off the top of my head. How would I remember such an insignificant play out of all the plays I've seen? This is all irrelevant anyway. He's one-dimensional, a liability against the run, and now extremely overpaid.
Well if you've never seen him play his gap, how can you say he's a one-dimensional player? As I've told you many times, when he's asked to play his gap, he does well at it, either maintaining contain on his gap and forcing the RB to another, or making a play on the ballcarrier. You can't blame a player for doing what he's asked to do within a scheme, and most times, Freeney is asked to abandon his gap and go after the QB from the edge, which is why the draw play to his gap works well most of the time. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it's not a very knowledgeable one.

Quote: