Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Obviously you didn't watch the Colts.
Neither one of you watched the redskins
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421 View Post
then obviously you didnt watch a Bills game... The Bills had last year arguably the worst performance from thier DTs and Schobel was doubled most of the games, a reason why the opposite DE tandum of Denney and Kelsay had a total of 12 sacks themselves.
its very hard for me to compare the two since i havent seen schobel play all too often.. Id like to know what kind of sacks these two have racked up because one stat that i think sets them apart is forced fumbles. Freeney has racked up 27 FF in his 5 years whereas Schobel has 13 in his 6 years.

Also before last year freeney hadnt had less then 11 sacks for his entire career which is impressive regardless if you think sacks are overrated or not. Its hard to throw out last year as a season that doesnt count to compare Freeney's best to schobels, because although Freeney had a down year, Schobel had his best (in sacks). The way i see it, freeney is much more explosive and can get the big play at any time and is deserving of a big contract... Schobel seems be just getting started..
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
then obviously you didnt watch a Bills game...
Actually I saw them live. McGee made that a much closer game than it ever should have been.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dude relax..
This wasnt ever an attack against Freeney, or an attempt to compare Schobel vs. Freeney. In fact I went to SU and my brother in law played with him on the team, so I have followed his career closely. I also own the NFL package and have Wayne and Manning on my fantasy team for the past three years, so I watch a ton of Colts games. And have never said anything against what Freeney has to go through during a game.

What the Bills fan had said before you tried to make it a comparison is that Schobel is underrated. EVERYONE knows that Freeney is one of the best DEs in the league, hands down!!

But if you look through thier years, Schobel has put up comparable numbers but gets NO respect, and NO mention in the top categories for DE.

This was for an overrated/underrated pass rusher, and we as Bills fans are saying that Schobel is WAY underrated. He gets double teamed and he doesnt have that great of a Dline to help out. And he puts consistantly good numbers at DE.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm guessing Schobel didn't have to deal with horrible DT play and constant doubles last year.
I seriously can not stop laughing at this post.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude relax..
This wasnt ever an attack against Freeney, or an attempt to compare Schobel vs. Freeney. In fact I went to SU and my brother in law played with him on the team, so I have followed his career closely. I also own the NFL package and have Wayne and Manning on my fantasy team for the past three years, so I watch a ton of Colts games. And have never said anything against what Freeney has to go through during a game.

What the Bills fan had said before you tried to make it a comparison is that Schobel is underrated. EVERYONE knows that Freeney is one of the best DEs in the league, hands down!!

But if you look through thier years, Schobel has put up comparable numbers but gets NO respect, and NO mention in the top categories for DE.

This was for an overrated/underrated pass rusher, and we as Bills fans are saying that Schobel is WAY underrated. He gets double teamed and he doesnt have that great of a Dline to help out. And he puts consistantly good numbers at DE.
The Pro Bowl and D'Brick helped Schobel to be somewhat less underrated as a pass rusher, but he's still been one of the best all around DE and pass rushers of the past few years. The lack of attention is fine by him, though. One of the most reserved athletes I've seen. Just a hard worker and a gamer. And he can grow a sweet beard when he wants to.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I seriously can not stop laughing at this post.
As I recall, Glenn had Schobel one-on-one all game, and I watched that matchup pretty closely. I know the Colts aren't the only team the Bills played, but that tells me the better LTs in the league could matchup with him one-on-one.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

maybe a little homerish: but Bryan Thomas is a very underrated pass rusher

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Underrated:
Leonard Little
he is very underrated most people dont even like him

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
he'll never get the right publicity anymore after that drunk driving killing.
Perhaps, but he was fifth in the league last season in sacks despite not really having anyone else on that line around him. The next best pass rushing defensive lineman for the Rams in 2006 was La'Roi Glover, so that says something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Murderer.....
So that makes him an overrated or underrated pass rusher then? I'm trying to understand how this is relevant.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I recall, Glenn had Schobel one-on-one all game, and I watched that matchup pretty closely. I know the Colts aren't the only team the Bills played, but that tells me the better LTs in the league could matchup with him one-on-one.
Your basing your opinion of Schobel solely on his performance against Glenn? Wow dude take the homer glasses off once and a while............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Schobel also completely ABUSED D'Brickashaw Ferguson last season, and while the guy was a rookie, he's still talented. I agree overall with the general consensus that Aaron Schobel is vastly underrated, and he deserves to be mentioned with the premier defensive ends in the league over the past 5 seasons. Not only is he great at rushing the passer, but he is also terrific at playing the run, and he's a great veteran presence to have, due to his hard working, high character personality.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote