Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fins Cut Culpepper

from profootballtalk.com

POSTED 4:11 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 4:43 p.m. EDT, July 17, 2007

FINS CUT CULPEPPER

The Miami Dolphins have announced that the team has terminated the contract of quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

The news was disclosed in a one-sentence release from the team.

Culpepper's grievance against the team was scheduled to be heard on July 18. We assume that the grievance will not proceed, given that the goal was to force the franchise to allow him to participate in team drills during training camp, which opens later this month.

The move ends Culpepper's rocky tenure with the Fins after only one season. Acquired in a trade for a second-round pick, Culpepper was ineffective in four starts, and ultimately was benched. He required further surgery on a knee that was shredded in November 2005, and did not return.

His fate in South Florida was sealed after the team landed Trent Green. But instead of merely cutting Culpepper loose, the Dolphins hoped to finagle a draft pick for his services. At a mandatory minicamp last month, the team refused to allow Culpepper to participate in team drills, since a serious injury would have put the team on the hook for his entire $5.5 million salary. The move prompted Culpepper's grievance.

We previously heard that the Dolphins were suspicious that Culpepper's "cut me don't trade me" stance was the result of tampering by one of the teams that could be interested in acquiring his services.

Some league insiders believe that Culpepper is destined to land in Jacksonville, where he'd have a good shot at becoming the starter in 2008. We've heard that he's interested in joining the Packers, too.

With Rams quarterback Marc Bulger recently hinting about a possible holdout, St. Louis coach Scott Linehan might be toying with the possibility of bringing Culpepper in with a one-year deal aimed at protecting the franchise against the worst-case scenario with Bulger, whose financial expectations surely have increased in the wake of the Dwight Freeney deal.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

wow Im so suprised Dante was cut.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
wow Im so suprised Dante was cut.
are you being serious or sarcastic? lol I cant really tell

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expect "Jaguars sign Culpepper" in the next couple weeks before training camp to pop up.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
are you being serious or sarcastic? lol I cant really tell
sarcastic.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise at all on my end. Really more surprised that it took them this long to cut the guy. There was no turning back once they traded for Trent Green. Might as well have just let Dante go and move it from there. No team was going to trade for Culpepper when it was obvious he would be a FA.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Expect "Jaguars sign Culpepper" in the next couple weeks before training camp to pop up.
Yea, for some reason though I feel like Detriot may grab him.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know whose going to grab him. Maybe Houston?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jags tell daunte they want him on the team i imagine he would jump at the oppurtunity to stay in his home state of florida and also Mike Tice is with the Jags now so that will make it an easy choice for him
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I don't know whose going to grab him. Maybe Houston?
They gave up equivalent to a mid-1st round pick to get their current starting Quarterback.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

not surprising... i really think he is going to have a hard time returning to his old form... i mean its like he woke up one day and forgot how to play QB...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His biggest problem now is probably a loss of confidence in his abilities as a franchise QB
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
They gave up equivalent to a mid-1st round pick to get their current starting Quarterback.
That one gets me every time. If the Pack sign him I will seriously feel bad for Aaron Rodgers. Worse, I mean. Detroit's not a bad destination, but if he actually got something going offensively in Jacksonville it could mean trouble for the league.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I know that but who do they have as a quality backup? Sage Rosenfels, Bradlee Van Pelt, and Quinton Porter are the backups to Matt Schaub. Why not sign Culpepper to be the back-up? He can't demand a huge salary since he hasn't played in 2 years and Houston could use him as an insurance policy in case Schaub goes down. It would be like Carolina signing David Carr to backup Jake Delhomme. It makes good sense to me.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 07-17-2007 at 08:52 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be a nice 2nd option somewhere

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Tennessee will take him, with the Madden curse in mind.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet you Gruden has him on the other line as we speak. Garcia, Plummer & Culpepper, it's his dream come true. 3 mediocre QBs>any great QB.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad it worked out for him good luck DC.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Falcons anybody?
that's my woody paige toss up of the day.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan_89 View Post
Falcons anybody?
The Daunte and Joey reunion tour.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
The Daunte and Joey reunion tour.
yes,very much so.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Yea, for some reason though I feel like Detriot may grab him.
I doubt Detroit signs Daunte.. Coaching Staff seems to be high on Dan Orlovsky to be able to take over if Kitna goes down....
Old 07-17-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

As a vikings fan I hope daunte doesn't sign with the lions or Packers as i would be forced into hating him.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan_89 View Post
Falcons anybody?
It makes alot of sense considering Vick may be out for a while.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd be surprised if the Falcons name doesn't start swarming on this topic. As soon as I heard both stories that was the first thing I thought...doesn't mean much, but it'd be nice
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote