Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,003
Reputation: 465907
Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default breakout players

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10239


I agree with some of it, I dont like the rookie punter on it, and I dont think Dawan Landry will have a "break out year" with the season he just had.



So you can talk about this article or your predictions for break out players.
__________________
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,869
Reputation: 4767621
Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Vincent Jackson, WR, Chargers
I'd agree with that.
__________________

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,009
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Falcons Possibilities:

Michael Boley, SLB
Jimmy Williams, FS
Jonathan Babineaux, DT/UT
Justin Blalock, OG
Joey Harrington, QB??? Lol

And the other rookies (Jamaal Anderson, Chris Houston, Laurant Robinson, etc.)
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,814
Reputation: 1691
Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.
Default

That's a nice pretty list overall.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,587
Reputation: 0
Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

To me Braylon Edwards is prob gona have the best year of all on that list.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17,530
Reputation: 121499
Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm partly surprised Freddy Keiaho doesn't get a mention, the WILL linebacker is an integral position in the Colts defense and Keiaho looks like he could excel (actually being able to form tackle is a hearty improvement already). But it is understandable, Keiaho didn't see the field in 2006 as much as those on the list, so outsiders to the Colts know very little of him at the moment.
__________________
Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hendersonville, VYisaGod
Posts: 9,305
Reputation: 128139
smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
8. Brandon Jones, WR, Titans: When Drew Bennett signed with the Rams and Travis Henry left for Denver most NFL fans assumed Tennessee would go out and bring in a big free-agent signing on the offensive side of the ball. A playmaker for Vince Young. Who'd they acquire? Well, Justin Gage. Hmm ... not exactly Jerry Rice. One of the reasons Tennessee stayed relatively quiet was their comfort at the wideout spot with who they already had on the roster. The likely No. 1 target? Mr. Jones. The former Oklahoma Sooner only had 27 receptions last season, but showed some real flashes. In the Titans' Week 16 win over Buffalo, Jones grabbed five balls for 101 yards and scored a touchdown. Tennessee drafted three wide receivers in April. Each rookie should get some touches. But Young-to-Jones should be the go-to combination in '07
Nice and i agree
__________________

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olean, New York
Posts: 4,241
Reputation: 156053
The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What? No love to troy williamson. He needs to have a good year this year.
__________________



Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Send BOOBS to my PM Box! RIGHT MEOW
Posts: 4,139
Reputation: 460548
PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

pretty good list, I dont know how much I agree with Mark Anderson on there though because he already had 12 sacks as a rookie and Id say he is pretty much already broke out but he still may be able to show more.
__________________

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,460
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
What? No love to troy williamson. He needs to have a good year this year.
Needs vs. Will
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,236
Reputation: 2187972
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

vincent jackson will have pro bowl stats next year
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,049
Reputation: 114301
PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
What? No love to troy williamson. He needs to have a good year this year.
need and will are two different words. I would put up Greg Jennings up there instead of Colledege.
__________________
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,916
Reputation: 1423028
ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't agree with Mark Anderson or Landry. I highly doubt they will break out from already good years, last year.
__________________
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,814
Reputation: 1691
Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
What? No love to troy williamson. He needs to have a good year this year.
He hasn't shown anything to warrant predicting him for a breakout season this year.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,460
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
vincent jackson will have pro bowl stats next year
That'd be nice. I could see him putting up a 1000 yards, but pro bowl is probably unrealistic given all the balls that LT, Gates, and the rest of the corps are gonna hog up.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,236
Reputation: 2187972
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
That'd be nice. I could see him putting up a 1000 yards, but pro bowl is probably unrealistic given all the balls that LT, Gates, and the rest of the corps are gonna hog up.
vincent jackson was rivers favorite target i will still see him getting the majority of the passes, even though i want to see gates a lot too, but seeing from last year jackson is his fav target
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,460
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
vincent jackson was rivers favorite target i will still see him getting the majority of the passes, even though i want to see gates a lot too, but seeing from last year jackson is his fav target
I noticed that stuff, and there's no doubt that Jackson is a specimen (his numbers are crazy; 6'5, 240, 4.4), but more than a couple times I noticed he doesn't attack the ball in the air quite like a guy his size should. Even late in the season when he was really getting some playing time, he should have had at least 5-10 more catches had he just stuck his arms out and snatched the ball.

It's nothing a little extra coaching can't fix, but I don't think he's shown enough yet to warrant a pro bowl prediction.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,264
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

My top-10 breakout players:

(in no particular order other than off the top of my head)

1. Mario Williams - He has all the talent in the world, his problem is lacking the experience to utilize his gifts. Young defensive lineman rarely come into the league right away and dominate. The position takes time to learn technique necessary to succeed in the trenches. What will also help him is he now has a dedicated position, rather than being moved around like last year. He will also be healthy, which was an ongoing problem as a rookie. I expect a dominant year as a run stuffer and around double digit sacks as a pass rusher.


2. Vernon Davis - Vernon Davis' is just a scary thought. He has the tool set that inspires fear into opposing NFL defensive coordinators. He struggled mightily in the first three games of the year, culminating in a broken leg against the Eagles. When he returned though he brought along with him more knowledge of the offense and he quickly dissipated the notion that he was 'just a workout warrior' as some claim. In the month of December he had 217 yards, 2 touchdowns on a 15.5 YPC basis. Those are fantastic numbers for the TE position. All of those stats despite Alex Smith overthrowing him deep, twice while open. You could almost add another 100 yards and two more touchdowns had Smith been accurate. He drew praise from Mike Nolan regarding his blocking, which was a weakness of his in college. Another year under his belt and with Alex Smith, and he may out do every other TE not named Antonio Gates.


3. Freddie Keiaho - As Geo has pointed out, he could be excellent. The Colts didn't let Cato June just walk away for no good reason. They see something in this guy. He is the typical Tampa 2 WLB. The Colts have done an excellent job of allowing established players leave (Mike Peterson, Edgerrin James, etc) while inserting a young player to fill his role.


4. Jason Peters - The mammoth Left Tackle from Arkansas, Jason Peters was excellent in the last half of the '06 campaign. The converted tight end has the athleticism and pure size (6'4" 340-lbs) to be a dominant player. He flashed his abilities last year and I expect him to make a pro bowl this year.

5. Cedric Benson - Benson is a prototype sledgehammer. The "old school" running back as it were. What he lacks in home run speed, elusiveness and impact on the passing game, he makes up for with down hill running down the throat of the defense. Once the Bears started to give him more and more carries, he improved. He is the kind of player who only runs harder as the game goes on. Without Thomas Jones in the picture, I anticipate a 300-carry season for Benson. I would not be surprised if he ended up with numbers you'd expect from say Rudi Johnson.


6. Mark Clayton - The biggest mistake the Jacksonville Jaguars made was when they took Matt Jones, a converted QB/workout warrior, over Mark Clayton. I expect that they will regret that move for some time. Clayton has had stretches of dominance. Now with McNair being more acclimated to the offense and him being in the golden third year for the WR position, I think he will be a 1,100+ receiver in '07.


7. Sean Taylor - He's reportedly slimmed down to allow him more flexibility. The Redskins added a competent safety besides him. He is the most talented safety in the NFL. All of those three elements should contribute to a breakout campaign. Sean Taylor should be the best safety in the NFL. Thus far he's been a major disappointment. I think this year he will finally become the player we all thought he would be back before the '04 draft.


8. DJ Williams - The Al Wilson era is over in Denver. Now it's time for DJ Williams to ascend. He's been stuck in the black hole that is typically the SLB position. There is a reason that IDP fantasy leagues typically avoid SLB like the plague. Now he moves inside. The addition of Jim Bates helps, as he is known for allowing his Middle Linebackers to make plays sideline to sideline.


9. Jason Campbell - Al Saunders' offense is infamous for it's girth and difficulty to master. Jason Campbell was decent last year, but word is he has been lighting up mini-camps. For the first time he's been able to actually progress in an offensive system. As a Redskin and a Auburn Tiger he hasn't had that luxury until just now.


10. (homer alert) Michael Boley - With all I've been through, I should get to brag about what little is going right with my team. Michael Boley will be a stud. He has everything you look for in one of those late round gems, talent that can be molded. Every once in a while those types pan out. Boley excels because of his versatility. He is a 6'3" 236-lbs athlete who can play Safety, SLB and RE. In fact, he did so last year due to injuries. He's strong, fast and can fly. Best of all is he's shown a great work ethic and has been molded by Keith Brooking to turn his talent into on the field productivity. Last year he showed a nose for the ball, being involved with three sacks, two interceptions, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 27,028
Reputation: 1729895
princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Shiver, I like the Vernon Davis pick. He is a freakish athlete that will finally be healthy, and with the maturation of Alex Smith he will get the oppurtunity to make plays after the catch.
__________________


Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,236
Reputation: 2187972
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
My top-10 breakout players:

(in no particular order other than off the top of my head)

1. Mario Williams - He has all the talent in the world, his problem is lacking the experience to utilize his gifts. Young defensive lineman rarely come into the league right away and dominate. The position takes time to learn technique necessary to succeed in the trenches. What will also help him is he now has a dedicated position, rather than being moved around like last year. He will also be healthy, which was an ongoing problem as a rookie. I expect a dominant year as a run stuffer and around double digit sacks as a pass rusher.


2. Vernon Davis - Vernon Davis' is just a scary thought. He has the tool set that inspires fear into opposing NFL defensive coordinators. He struggled mightily in the first three games of the year, culminating in a broken leg against the Eagles. When he returned though he brought along with him more knowledge of the offense and he quickly dissipated the notion that he was 'just a workout warrior' as some claim. In the month of December he had 217 yards, 2 touchdowns on a 15.5 YPC basis. Those are fantastic numbers for the TE position. All of those stats despite Alex Smith overthrowing him deep, twice while open. You could almost add another 100 yards and two more touchdowns had Smith been accurate. He drew praise from Mike Nolan regarding his blocking, which was a weakness of his in college. Another year under his belt and with Alex Smith, and he may out do every other TE not named Antonio Gates.


3. Freddie Keiaho - As Geo has pointed out, he could be excellent. The Colts didn't let Cato June just walk away for no good reason. They see something in this guy. He is the typical Tampa 2 WLB. The Colts have done an excellent job of allowing established players leave (Mike Peterson, Edgerrin James, etc) while inserting a young player to fill his role.


4. Jason Peters - The mammoth Left Tackle from Arkansas, Jason Peters was excellent in the last half of the '06 campaign. The converted tight end has the athleticism and pure size (6'4" 340-lbs) to be a dominant player. He flashed his abilities last year and I expect him to make a pro bowl this year.

5. Cedric Benson - Benson is a prototype sledgehammer. The "old school" running back as it were. What he lacks in home run speed, elusiveness and impact on the passing game, he makes up for with down hill running down the throat of the defense. Once the Bears started to give him more and more carries, he improved. He is the kind of player who only runs harder as the game goes on. Without Thomas Jones in the picture, I anticipate a 300-carry season for Benson. I would not be surprised if he ended up with numbers you'd expect from say Rudi Johnson.


6. Mark Clayton - The biggest mistake the Jacksonville Jaguars made was when they took Matt Jones, a converted QB/workout warrior, over Mark Clayton. I expect that they will regret that move for some time. Clayton has had stretches of dominance. Now with McNair being more acclimated to the offense and him being in the golden third year for the WR position, I think he will be a 1,100+ receiver in '07.


7. Sean Taylor - He's reportedly slimmed down to allow him more flexibility. The Redskins added a competent safety besides him. He is the most talented safety in the NFL. All of those three elements should contribute to a breakout campaign. Sean Taylor should be the best safety in the NFL. Thus far he's been a major disappointment. I think this year he will finally become the player we all thought he would be back before the '04 draft.


8. DJ Williams - The Al Wilson era is over in Denver. Now it's time for DJ Williams to ascend. He's been stuck in the black hole that is typically the SLB position. There is a reason that IDP fantasy leagues typically avoid SLB like the plague. Now he moves inside. The addition of Jim Bates helps, as he is known for allowing his Middle Linebackers to make plays sideline to sideline.


9. Jason Campbell - Al Saunders' offense is infamous for it's girth and difficulty to master. Jason Campbell was decent last year, but word is he has been lighting up mini-camps. For the first time he's been able to actually progress in an offensive system. As a Redskin and a Auburn Tiger he hasn't had that luxury until just now.


10. (homer alert) Michael Boley - With all I've been through, I should get to brag about what little is going right with my team. Michael Boley will be a stud. He has everything you look for in one of those late round gems, talent that can be molded. Every once in a while those types pan out. Boley excels because of his versatility. He is a 6'3" 236-lbs athlete who can play Safety, SLB and RE. In fact, he did so last year due to injuries. He's strong, fast and can fly. Best of all is he's shown a great work ethic and has been molded by Keith Brooking to turn his talent into on the field productivity. Last year he showed a nose for the ball, being involved with three sacks, two interceptions, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries.

deangelo williams needs to be on that list
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MD/DC
Posts: 2,944
Reputation: 4061
skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.
Default

Shiver, LOVE the list. Glad somebody else has noticed Taylor trimming down and Campbell stepping up.

Good Vernon Davis pick, that should have been included in the article. I say give Mario Williams another year for his "true" breakout season. One year for Okoye, Williams, and Ryans that could possibly form a very nice, very young defense. Clayton should do well as long as McNair stays healthy, if Boller is in theres no way he's going over the 1k mark.
__________________
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,264
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
deangelo williams needs to be on that list

It's been hinted that he will be the primary back, but I want to see it first. I also am not sure about his durability. Though, I cannot say I would surprised at all if he had a great year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Shiver, LOVE the list. Glad somebody else has noticed Taylor trimming down and Campbell stepping up.

Good Vernon Davis pick, that should have been included in the article. I say give Mario Williams another year for his "true" breakout season. One year for Okoye, Williams, and Ryans that could possibly form a very nice, very young defense. Clayton should do well as long as McNair stays healthy, if Boller is in theres no way he's going over the 1k mark.
Clayton actually does really well when Boller is in the game. They have an excellent connection. His statistics with Boller starting:
  • 1 for 42
  • 5 for 101 and two touchdowns
  • 3 for 11
  • 5 for 90 and one touchdown
  • 2 for 24
  • 7 for 105 and one touchdown
  • 7 for 86

That isn't that bad, considering that Boller isn't that good.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 27,028
Reputation: 1729895
princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

In the words of Skip Bayless...Kyle "I should've been a" Boller
__________________


Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm really riding the JP Losman bandwagon this year. From what I saw from Losman down the stretch last year made me believe that this is going to be a Pro Bowl caliber year for him. In fact, I expect the Buffalo Bills offense to be the breakout unit of the entire season, as they've put many pieces in place for it to be a dominant unit. They have a solid offensive line, anchored by another uprising star in tackle Jason Peters. They've added a more versatile running back in the draft in Marshawn Lynch. Add in that they have IMO a top five receiver in Lee Evans (who Losman has an excellent rapport with), you have the makings of a unit that could dominate this year. Expect Steve Fairchild to be far, far more aggressive this season, with Losman putting up big numbers.

I'm also dying to see what Al Saunders can unleash with Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, and Chris Cooley now that Campbell has another year under his belt.

It's going to be a very interesting NFL season. There iis an amazing amount of young talent in the league right now.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-18-2007 at 08:42 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,264
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The JP Losman bandwagon has become quite popular. I know I'm on it.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.