Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-25-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 13: Packers vs Patriots

NFL wanking hard to this game as there are a ton of storylines they can sell leading up to the game. AFC's best team vs the NFC's #2 seeded team

Gotta say though....not liking their chances, even playing at home. Patriots just look all around better than them, and look by far like the best team in football right now. I still don't have a lot of confidence in this defense, especially vs good teams. Add in the fact that GB over the past few years have mostly been getting by on beating up their own division and the bottom feeders around the league. Whenever they've had to go up against a playoff team/great QB, they've lost...usually in blowouts when on the road or close losses at home. Since 2012, they've only won 3 games vs playoff teams(technically 2 but I'm assuming the Eagles make the playoffs this year). 2 of them were against the Vikes in 2012, with one of them being the game where they faced off against a Vikes team QB'ed by Joe freakin Webb

I'm excited for the game, but the team has to show me that they can beat good teams. They haven't done it in a while so, and on paper I don't like the thought of Brady/McDaniels against Dom Capers. We've seen his defense get dissected apart by good game callers/QB's for years. I also don't see how they'll stop Gronk from doing whatever he wants all over the field

Pack will likely need to score 35+ points and not turn the ball over at all. May even need to somehow force a turnover/try to hold the Pats to Fg's.

If Pack don't turn it over, I think they can keep it close, but if they do have a turnover or 2, things will snowball like the Saints game.

Prediction: Patriots 38 Packers 24
Old 11-30-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big win.

We'll still need to beat Detroit in week 17 to win the division (assuming both teams win their three games before, which they should) but if we do it's likely that we'll be the #1 seed.

If the Eagles beat the Seahawks next week and win out, we have the head-to-head over them. If the Cardinals win out we'll be #2 but they still have to play the Seahawks, 49ers and Chiefs.

Seattle is the team I'm worried about for the playoffs. Being at Lambeau would help, but we haven't looked good at all the last two times we've played them.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 11-30-2014 at 07:45 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge win. Team really surprised me. This defense has struggled time and again vs elite teams/QB's ever since winning it all, so their performance today really opened my eyes and gave me more confidence in that unit goin forward

IMO the next toughest game is @ Buf. Their defense doesn't eff around and their DL is spectacular. They can get pressure by just rushing 4 and dropping 7 into coverage...and we know how different this team is on the road.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good game yesterday guys. Congrats on the win. Hopefully we see eachother again this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had an ominous feeling when they kept settling for FGs in the redzone. Have to feel pretty good about holding the Pats to 21. I was only listening to radio but sounded like Gronk had some moments but didn't dominate. I was concerned with how they would be able to slow him down. Haven't dealt with elite TEs well in the past.

Hard to get a feel for how well the defense played vs Brady just being out of sync from just the radio broadcast. Will have to watch on DVR when I get back home.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I had an ominous feeling when they kept settling for FGs in the redzone.
After the first two field goals I thought that was going to come back to bite us - I'm glad it didn't.

I think the Patriots could've been more successful if they had gone run-heavy like they did against the Colts. The defense was missing a ton of tackles and made Blount look like Lynch.

The pass rush was at least affecting Brady. Even though they didn't get a ton of sacks, there were some hits and batted balls, a couple of which floated in the air for what seemed like forever.

The biggest issue I saw, apart from the red zone offense, was the matchup with Gronk. I get playing Hyde against him, but Burnett was matched up with him at least twice (that I saw) and got absolutely burned. I think we all know at this point that Burnett is not capable of matching up with anyone and should strictly be in deep zone or blitzing.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was a better tone setting game than we've had since our super bowl win. Really good game plan and execution against an elite opponent; very different from the poor schemes and lackluster execution we've been seeing lately against elite coaches and qbs.

As much as we rag on our coaches sometimes, A++ gameplan. Using cobb on routes and mismatches out of the backfield and in motion was stressing the defense and frankly pure genius. The defensive gameplan kicked ass. Missed tackles and questionable pass interference calls (granted, this was on both sides) were the only reason their offense got anything done.

Love love love our crop of rookies. Wow. Adams almost killed us with that terrible drop but was so good everywhere else. And hey, rookie WRs make drops. Remember Nelson and his shittastic hands?

Clinton-Dix is super versatile as our best cover and most physical safety. Yes, he needs to clean up the missed tackles but his willingness to get physical and still flip his hips and cover is a fantastic weapon, especially against good tight ends.

And we all know it but aaron is otherwordly. Some of these throws he makes where he suddenly makes a decision and launches the ball from off balance are insane. The 43 yard er to adams where he sorta just flicked it from his waist and floated it literally perfectly is one of them. When he was rolling out and somehow dropped the ball in to Starks on a wheel was another. It's crazy how shocked I am when he doesn't put a ball directly on the numbers.. we are spoiled.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally watched the recording yesterday and I have to say I think the defense played well. Some analysts had said that Brady just looked off. I don't agree that it was just a "bad day" for Brady. The Packers defense was able to make Brady uncomfortable in the pocket and it has been shown that if you can do that you can have success against him. Most of the throws he missed were directly related to pressure in the pocket. When he had a clean pocket he had success, but the Packers at least in the critical situations were able to make him move and release the ball quicker than he wanted.

The offense has to come out of this game with a lot of confidence even though they left a lot of points on the field. Probably only the Seahawks have a more talented secondary than the Patriots. Yet they were able to move the ball pretty much at will.