Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who is the top soph QB in the nation?
Nate Davis, Ball State 2 2.47%
Matt Grothe, South Florida 10 12.35%
Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan 6 7.41%
Kellen Lewis, Indiana 2 2.47%
Colt McCoy, Texas 31 38.27%
Riley Skinner, Wake Forest 2 2.47%
Matthew Stafford, Georgia 15 18.52%
Tim Tebow, Florida 8 9.88%
Isiah Williams, Illinois 5 6.17%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GoinDeepWithCJ

I was wondering who people think is the best of the class of sophomore Quarterbacks this year.

After you vote if you could please give a reason to why you voted for a specific person.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Stafford will pan out to be the best of this class, he is a great QB prospect who had an inconsistent freshman season in the SEC which can be expected.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said Matt Grothe. He is the offense of South Florida and that is a program that is building around him. Amazing year for a not-so-big prospect who had no running game to support him.

Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford, and Juice Williams should pan out good as well. McCoy is obviously going to do good. Haven't seen Skinner play a lot but Wake Forest did good last year.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose Stafford. He began to come on late in the year and I think he'll have a very good season this year.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

If you count RS Sophomores, I think Mark Sanchez should be on the list.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
If you count RS Sophomores, I think Mark Sanchez should be on the list.
Maybe when Sanchez starts a game. :/

The top guy from the list for me is Colt McCoy as of right now, but Stafford, Tebow and Juice can all develop into fantastic players.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can picture Dan LeFevour the next great MAC QB like Byron Leftwich or Ben Roethlisberger

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

I went with Stafford.

I personally just feel he has the best arm of the bunch. If he develops like he should, I feel he should easily be the best QB of that group.

If Josh Freeman (QB from Kansas State) had any offensive weapons around him besides Jordy Nelson, I would say put him up there as well.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt McCoy, Texas (of course) ;)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:46 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
i can picture Dan LeFevour the next great MAC QB like Byron Leftwich or Ben Roethlisberger
Thats been my stance with this guy since last season. He is going to be a special QB and be that next MAC star.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Stafford if he plays like he did the last 3 games and not turn the ball over he will be fine. The WR can't be as bad as they were last year. The young OL scares me, the RB should also be better.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

vvvvvvvvvv

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grothe. He showed amazing leadership as a freshman and when his skills develop he'll be an amazing player.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me it's really close between Tebow and Colt. Colt is more proven but Tebow has the ability to make big plays. I gave the nod to Tebow.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colt is the man and just put up some spectacular numbers in his frosh campaign, so it's got to go to him. With that said, Tebow and Stafford might have higher ceilings.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Colt hadn't hurt his neck in the K-State game Texas would have gone to a BCS game last year. He meant way more to Texas last year than Tebow did to Florida. Tebow is good in his own right but Colt is a better pure QB and is proven. He is going to be a machine this year with Texas' deep receiving core and with Jermichael Finely and Jamaal Charles. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was able to win the heisman his jr. or sr. year. He no doubt will be one of the names in the running in the years to come.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stafford could take it but I think McCoy has it.

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

I love LeFevour's skill set (mobility, awareness, decision making), but right now, he's not as good as McCoy. Although, I'd put him ahead of anyone else on that list.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colt McCoy...he made an honest case as a Heisman candidate as a freshman. Tebow at #2. Juice Williams has a lot of potential, low on that list right now, but could leapfrog a lot of those guys this year.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose Stafford because I was very impressed with what he showed down the stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Grothe is very good just as good as McCoy he just doesn't get all the hype because he plays down in USF.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

I'm not sure Grothe's future is at QB, but he's a great college QB. Very underrated. He'll be sick with Mike Ford taking the pressure off him.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
If Colt hadn't hurt his neck in the K-State game Texas would have gone to a BCS game last year.
No they wouldn't have.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
No they wouldn't have.
How so? No way Texas would have lost the K-State game and I don't think you could argue that they would have lost the A&M game with a healthy Colt. That's a 1-lost season with the only loss coming against #1 Ohio State.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gchu83 View Post
How so? No way Texas would have lost the K-State game and I don't think you could argue that they would have lost the A&M game with a healthy Colt. That's a 1-lost season with the only loss coming against #1 Ohio State.
You don't know whether or not they would have lost to TAMU. Florida's body of work was more impressive than Texas' and so was Michigan's.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote