Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Shutter Island was one of those movies that was good, but much worse then I expected it to be. Where the Wild Things Are falls into the exact same category. Both were very disappointing, but they were pleasantly disappointing. If that makes any sense.
I could certainly agree with that. You see Scorsese, Dicaprio, Kingsley, Ruffalo, Williams, Haley in the cast and it's based on a Lehane mystery thriller...you expect big things. I mean, i didnt hate it at all, I just didnt love it. It was a pretty big let down for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed Shutter Island, there was just something missing from the film for me. I found the ending disappointingly predictable, and overall the movie just felt...empty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually called the exact twist as soon as kids (or at least, the first kid) started showing up. haha. Pretty damn predictable indeed. The first part of the twist was a given, but the backstory of that was something I wondered about, going into it, but it didnt take long to figure it out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a huge fan of the JGL-Riddler idea. Just don't like the character match, from what I can put together. But I'm no expert in filmmaking or Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I could certainly agree with that. You see Scorsese, Dicaprio, Kingsley, Ruffalo, Williams, Haley in the cast and it's based on a Lehane mystery thriller...you expect big things. I mean, i didnt hate it at all, I just didnt love it. It was a pretty big let down for me.
Shutter Island possibly had the best minor-role cast that I can think of. Jackie Earle Haley, Patricia Clarkson, Emily Mortimer, John Carroll Lynch, Ted Levine, Elias Koteas, Max von Sydow. Awesomeness.

Kingsley was great in it, I thought. Ruffalo, Williams, and Leo are all nice actors.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

And oh, oh, oh...it could be BS, but I read this thing today from some editor at comicbookmovie.com who claimed to have seen a copy of the new Superman reboot script. At least coming from this dude...he said Braniac is in the movie and kills a character from the Superman mythos.

I really have no idea what to expect in the reboot. It's obviously supposed to be darker, but I wonder how much over the top stuff we'll see in this. As in...Superman not being in a realistic world, ala Batman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TDK is getting way too much love if people put it ahead of Memento.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

JGL can pull anything off, imo. I think he's due for a role like this. Lets pretend he wasnt Cobra Commander. haha. Honestly though, the Heath Ledger look a like, probably would have made a better Joker, instead of the Riddler.

I actually dont follow the comic book side of these things to closely...I dont really know what age the Riddler is supposed to be around, or the complexities of his character, in a serious light. But again, JGL can pull damn near anything off. Hell of a talent. I would at least imagine, the Riddler being more around Bruce Wayne's age, though.

What's Harley Quinn's story? Just a therapist turned loon after some Joker evaluations/interviews? I guess she couldnt really be a possibility for the next movie, since she was just his lacky really. But if they made her less annoyingly crazy and more independent, hell bent on avenging the Joker, that could work as a secondary character. But of course, the Joker wasnt killed or probably even still Arkham in the Nolan world. Who the **** knows? lol.

I wonder if we'll have any mention of the Joker at all in the next movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And oh, oh, oh...it could be BS, but I read this thing today from some editor at comicbookmovie.com who claimed to have seen a copy of the new Superman reboot script. At least coming from this dude...he said Braniac is in the movie and kills a character from the Superman mythos.

I really have no idea what to expect in the reboot. It's obviously supposed to be darker, but I wonder how much over the top stuff we'll see in this. As in...Superman not being in a realistic world, ala Batman.
Sounds an awful lot like the script Kevin Smith wrote and has talked about at length. I just ******* hope it has Doomsday in it. Just one time I wanna see Superman throw down with someone big and mean. Its always some little ***** exploiting weaknesses or something...I wanna see some badass Supes on bad guy city-destroying action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Its getting way too much love if its getting put above Batman Begins, but thats just my opinion I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Live action Superman/Doomsday fight would be bad ass...and I dont even care for Superman.

As for more man crushes...I'm so happy Matt Vaughn has jumped in the super hero movie game. I never thought he'd go in that direction a few years ago. But he is a HUUUGE comic book nerd and this is what he loves to do. He may be Ritchie's protege, but he's taking his talents elsewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Ugh, I'm not really a DiCaprio fan. He rarely manages to sell me on his characters (Inception included).
I do not care for you insulting the modern day DeNiro like this.

Quote:
I actually called the exact twist as soon as kids (or at least, the first kid) started showing up. haha. Pretty damn predictable indeed. The first part of the twist was a given, but the backstory of that was something I wondered about, going into it, but it didnt take long to figure it out.
The twist is not important, and there's a reason it was telegraphed from the beginning of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
If by that you mean it's not getting enough love, then yes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guy Pierce would also make a nice Riddler.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JGL is my dream Riddler, but it would be interesting to see someone like Robert Knepper or Jackey Erl Haley do it.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 07-21-2010 at 10:16 AM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Not a huge fan of the JGL-Riddler idea. Just don't like the character match, from what I can put together. But I'm no expert in filmmaking or Batman.

Shutter Island possibly had the best minor-role cast that I can think of. Jackie Earle Haley, Patricia Clarkson, Emily Mortimer, John Carroll Lynch, Ted Levine, Elias Koteas, Max von Sydow. Awesomeness.

Kingsley was great in it, I thought. Ruffalo, Williams, and Leo are all nice actors.

Anything with John Carroll Lynch is just an automatic win

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About to watch Greenberg. Been meaning to watch it for a while but haven't gotten around to it.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think guy pearce would be a killer Riddler. fits the bill of guys with british/australian/etc. accents pretending to be americans in christopher nolan films.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i think guy pearce would be a killer Riddler. fits the bill of guys with british/australian/etc. accents pretending to be americans in christopher nolan films.
You mean they're...acting?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no i mean they're using american accents even though offscreen they are british or australian. Nolan loves to cast british people to play americans. Almost the entire cast of Batman Begins with the exception of a few people (morgan freeman, katie holmes) were british/australian/kiwi...and all of them played americans in the movie save for Alfred.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 07-21-2010 at 01:17 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Anything with John Carroll Lynch is just an automatic win
Gothika and Bubble Boy are pretty terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
About to watch Greenberg. Been meaning to watch it for a while but haven't gotten around to it.
It's a good movie.

Anyone know where I could download a movie called Hesher. It's with JGL and Natalie Portman.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
i lol'ed

ten

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was so awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess if this Riddler stuff is semi-official (yay JGL) it means my dream of seeing a big screen Solomon Grundy is dead. :D

I'm definitely on board with Riddler as a criminologist. He doesn't even have to lose it, there is no problem with Batman fighting the law, especially after TDK.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I still want Rupert Thorne as the crime boss, that is if there is any mob left after it's been destroyed by Batman and The Joker in consecutive movies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still got a much different meaning from the ending than most people did, I think maybe because the movie was advertised for so long and eventually pushed back to 2010 that there was too much anticipation, still one of the best movies this year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

This was so awesome.
It's Tom Hardy on roids...what do you expect. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS