Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont know what to think of this. Glad to see Portman is jumping in on the comic book craze
Are you not counting V for Vendetta?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Brick a few days ago...and I thought it was above average.

I still need to see Toy Story 3 and Kick Ass.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
No, it isn't Ultron. Its Destroyer. I saw the footage earlier, don't know how I feel about it. If it was a separate movie all on its own, I would probably feel better about it. But after the hyper realistic approaches to Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, Im now very concerned with how Thor fits in. It looked very otherworldly.
Thor IS from Asgaard so that may be why it looks otherwordly. Since, ya know, he comes from another world... I think Thor fits in fine, especially in an Avengers movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Anyone else notice how similar Hemsworth sounds to Ledger in that trailer? I could of sworn it was Heath's voice.
And yes, he sounds eerily similar to how Ledger sounded in 10 Things I Hate About You

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hemsworth is Australian just like Ledger was, so it makes sense.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching it several more times, Im kind of underwhelmed with the Thor footage. Especially in comparison to how I felt about Iron Man/2 and The Incredible Hulk. Mjolnir looks like it could be bought at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks...I dunno, I expected everything to look alot less cheesy then that when it was all said and done. Hopefully Im wrong and by the time I see it Im eating my words, but I found that footage to be without.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hemsworth is Australian just like Ledger was, so it makes sense.
So is Mel Gibson. They should have cast him!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Mel Gibson's Australian accent faded in and out during Mad Max.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Are you not counting V for Vendetta?
eh, yes and no. the illustrated novels seem to lend themselves to a different type of movie. I mean movies which are based on long running franchises when I say "comic movies"

when is someone going ot make the Superman vs. Doomsday movie?

I want to see Superman die. I never liked him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. If you spew and she bolts, it was never meant to be."
Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
"I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. If you spew and she bolts, it was never meant to be."
she makes me feel kind of funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
eh, yes and no. the illustrated novels seem to lend themselves to a different type of movie. I mean movies which are based on long running franchises when I say "comic movies"

A central part of the Superman vs Doomsday comic was the Justice League, and I'm assuming they would have to figure out a creative way around that in the movie (and creative + Superman doesn't seem to be working lately). Plus, Doomsday is a pretty boring villain.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Plus, Doomsday is a pretty boring villain.
What is this, Horseville? Cause I'm surrounded by naysayers. Wordplay!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Thor looks pretty cool. Asgard looks sweet. Hopkins looks great as Odin.
Hemsworth makes a good Thor. Looks a lot better than the stills.
Agreed accept that last statement. The costume and hammer still look silly-reminds me of something Kevin Sorbo would wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was expecting it to be a little over the top/other worldly. So it fits my expectations I guess.

And nothing is wrong with the Sorbo

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt care for the Thor trailer, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mjolnir did look like a kids toy the more I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
but mel gibson is really an american who lived in australia for a while.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Gonna watch 12 monkeys in a mo...what you guys think about it?
Since you're British you might relate to Terry Gilliam films better than us, it's one of his better film, a non-LOL black comedy about time travel from the future & apocalypse that's very well done. Brad Pitt is great as a batshit crazy guy
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mel Gibson's Australian accent faded in and out during Mad Max.
I think there are 2 versions of MM, one where his Aussie accent was so incomprehensible they had to dub his lines. Same thing happened to the Governator's 1st film, Hercules in New York.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Never liked Superman, either. He's easily the most boring mainstream comic book character out there.

I mean, come on. A guy whose never-ending list of superpowers gets made up along the way depending on what the plot is, and his alter-ego is him with glasses. Stupid.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superman doesn't wear glasses so no one will recognize him lolzz.

Last edited by Job : 07-30-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Anyone see The Killer Inside Me? I really liked the trailer, but it got very average reviews.
I loved the previews, it's only playing n selected theaters around here now. When a new release doesnt get the good buzz that's what happens, it goes to art house theaters vs. the big mega-complexes.

It's a classic 1st person perspective serial killer noir film (kind of like Dexter or Crime & Punishment) based on the Jim Thompson novel that's so scary it will keep you up nights but I couldn't put it down.

Casey Affleck is the protagonist & he's impressed me in everything since Gone, Baby, Gone. It's the only other film I want to see in a theater this summer beside Inception.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dinner for Schmucks wasn't bad. Steve Carrell was great, but it was kinda painful to watch him screw up Paul Rudd's life at times. The Flight of the Concords guy is great in it too.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 07-30-2010 at 02:25 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched The Joneses and I liked it quite a bit. David Duchovny is awesome and Amber Heard is gorgeous, as usual. The ending was a little meh and it isn't the best movie you'll see all year, but if you're bored one day I'd recommend it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been to this thread in a while, but I figured I'm not the only film student on here. Anyway me and some friends are trying to find a crematorium to shoot at, I'm playing phone tag with a number of funeral homes trying to talk to the owners and my sister's best friend's dad is a SWAT team sniper who might have a connection with one funeral home, but he's still on vacation. Anyone got any tips or advice? I've only once had to do any producing and that time it was only because we just needed a house to shoot at, so I don't know how best to approach these people.

PS re-watched Boondocks 2 yesterday and it is almost perfectly terrible and ridiculous. It was a ****** movie, but I found it quite enjoyable.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote