Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the Adjustment Bureau yesterday. I really liked it. Damon and Blunt were great as always and they worked well together. Nice chemistry. It was a fun a movie, with some a heart. Cheese ending, that everyone was complaining about...but to be expected in the flow of things.

And I also decided to watch that marathon of a movie, the Good Shepherd. It was certainly long. I wouldnt say it was insanely boring or anything, though. Matt Damon's character is such a cold/quiet, ass hole, it's not easy to like the guy. Pretty weird, after watching him in the Adjustment Bureau right before it. Angelina Jolie was sexy as hell, and Damon absolutely hated her. I wanted to console her. lol. It didnt seem fair. But yeah, it wasnt terrible...just lengthy. Great performances all around. The cast is unreal, I had no idea so many names were involved, outside of Damon, Jolie, and De Niro. Even an old ass Joe Pesci sighting. It's not the most thrilling movie, but there's a good story in there. It certainly didnt have to be 3 hours, though. I really doubt I'd ever watch it again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't watch that movie because the plot alone is just a big hole in the determinism/free will debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I can't watch that movie because the plot alone is just a big hole in the determinism/free will debate.
It delves into both. In the movie, there is a plan in place, but not every act in every day life is already determined. And they go into certain events in history where the plan was essentially shut off for a while there and why some bad things came into effect.

It's def. worth a watch. Sure it's out there, but it's a fun movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-03-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It delves into both. In the movie, there is a plan in place, but not every act in every day life is already determined. And they go into certain events in history where the plan was essentially shut off for a while there and why some bad things came into effect.

It's def. worth a watch. Sure it's out there, but it's a fun movie.
Huh maybe i'll check it out if I see someone watching it. I just never understood how they could have everything determined and not know Matty was just gonna walk in and be like "hey guyz"

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to watch the Thing for the first time later tonight.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Huh maybe i'll check it out if I see someone watching it. I just never understood how they could have everything determined and not know Matty was just gonna walk in and be like "hey guyz"
Yeah, you'll have to watch it. They explain everything.

The Adjustment Bureau guys arent flawless. They cant really read your mind, exactly. And certain conditions weaken or block their "powers" as well.

It's a good movie, and everything is explained...so you wont really be left in the dark or anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-03-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Cool, well good to know.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy it. One of my favorites.

I like Damon and Blunt, and am usually at least somewhat interested to check out anything even loosely tied to Philip K Dick, but Adjustment Bureau never really piqued my interest. Maybe I should check it out, but I doubt I will until I come across it on tv, one day.

And I really only throw in the Dick reference so I can once again get sooper excited at the thought of Gondry doing Ubik, since nothing could ever match my excitement for that project.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Same with me. During my last chemo I started naming the presidents in order because I was high on morphine and the nurse thought I was out of control. She thought I was going "crazy" and called backup. One of the best nights for me.
I blue coded during my last treatment. Had a bronchial spasm and my windpipe closed. Last thing I remembered was them bringing in the crash cart and my mom looking stunned as she stood outside my room (she was out of the room at the time and came back to find this happening). :/

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SidneyG
Rookie

SidneyG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Seven

I was watching the movie Seven and was wondering if anyone knows what was in the box that Morgan Freeman looked in at the end of the movie?
SidneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyG View Post
I was watching the movie Seven and was wondering if anyone knows what was in the box that Morgan Freeman looked in at the end of the movie?
Are you serious or trolling? It's Brad Pitt's character's wife's head.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's in the ******* box!?!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's Gweneth Paltrow...or, at least some of her, that is. Kevin Spacey flat out says it.

Probably fed the rest to those dogs of theirs. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rewatched last night. Excellent. Marissa Tomei still looks tasty.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marisa Tomei is so fine. She's like the female Rob Lowe.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I personally think Hawke just kills it in that movie. Lot of very good performances.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finalllllly getting around to watching Trainspotting. cant wait
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I personally think Hawke just kills it in that movie. Lot of very good performances.
He does. I especially liked how he handled the scenes when he has to get back the CD from the rented car, for some reason.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Also, Philip Seymour Hoffman.
He's a champ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
The original's one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Anybody know if the new one is supposed to be any good or is it just another crappy remake?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the thing was actually originally a cheesy scifi movie made in the '50s redone by John Carpenter, and now they wanna make it again. They got it right the last time with Kurt Russell, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I guess we have to remake it every thirty years. I can't wait for the 2040 remake.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
And I also decided to watch that marathon of a movie, the Good Shepherd. It was certainly long. I wouldnt say it was insanely boring or anything, though. Matt Damon's character is such a cold/quiet, ass hole, it's not easy to like the guy. Pretty weird, after watching him in the Adjustment Bureau right before it. Angelina Jolie was sexy as hell, and Damon absolutely hated her. I wanted to console her. lol. It didnt seem fair. But yeah, it wasnt terrible...just lengthy. Great performances all around. The cast is unreal, I had no idea so many names were involved, outside of Damon, Jolie, and De Niro. Even an old ass Joe Pesci sighting. It's not the most thrilling movie, but there's a good story in there. It certainly didnt have to be 3 hours, though. I really doubt I'd ever watch it again.
i thought his son was a puss in that movie. fun fact: when i put that DVD on I thought it would be maybe 1:45 or 2 hours long. whoosh!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i thought his son was a puss in that movie. fun fact: when i put that DVD on I thought it would be maybe 1:45 or 2 hours long. whoosh!
lol. Yeah, I really didnt give a damn what happened to his son. Cool scene with his bride to be, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
siteandrun012
Rookie

siteandrun012 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

300 was cool, but I think it was an most enjoyable that i ever seen.

Bob

Last edited by siteandrun012 : 10-05-2011 at 07:24 AM.
siteandrun012 is offline   Reply With Quote