Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Adam Sandler is a worthless piece of ****.
All I have to say is Punch-Drunk Love. He was pretty brilliant but I mean he was working with the greatest living director.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
All I have to say is Punch-Drunk Love. He was pretty brilliant but I mean he was working with the greatest living director.
He HAS some talent. I mean, he showed it in Funny People and Spanglish to a degree as well, but he's more content into manipulating people into getting $30 million per ****** movies and getting his friends free bank.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He HAS some talent. I mean, he showed it in Funny People and Spanglish to a degree as well, but he's more content into manipulating people into getting $30 million per ****** movies and getting his friends free bank.
If I had fans as dumb as his I would take advantage of them too.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stomp the Yard is an artistic masterpiece.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
If I had fans as dumb as his I would take advantage of them too.
I would keep cranking out garbage PG-13 movies until someone stopped giving me money to do so. High school kids through adult idiots will routinely drop stupid amounts of cash on wretched ******* movies.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Cabin In the Woods. It was solid. Not as great as people have made it out to be, and definitely not as funny. But solid nonetheless.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Just got back from Cabin In the Woods. It was solid. Not as great as people have made it out to be, and definitely not as funny. But solid nonetheless.
You......just you. You upset me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-24-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is the reason to go to Denny's.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You......just you. You upset me.
is it actually good? previews looked horrible, but im also not a whedon fanboy like you
Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cabin in the Woods is decent, but it's not spectacular. A lot of the enjoyment factor is also an issue of taste.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
is it actually good? previews looked horrible, but im also not a whedon fanboy like you
Which is also why you suck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had pretty low expectations for Cabin in the Woods and walked out a very happy man. It definitely steers clear of being a typical Hollywood film. It's good stuff.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Cabin in the Woods is decent, but it's not spectacular. A lot of the enjoyment factor is also an issue of taste.
You defend TWD like it's nobodies business, yet Cabin in the woods is nothing spectacular. I have no hope for this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man from Nowhere

Awesome Awesome movie.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forgot he's basically helping his friends get rich also. He moves up a notch in my book for doing that, he's basically losing every shred of artistic integrity he had left, but he's helping them all get paid.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
You defend TWD like it's nobodies business, yet Cabin in the woods is nothing spectacular. I have no hope for this world.
Right, because they are exactly the same thing.

And no, I don't defend The Walking Dead blindly like you are implying. There are things I like and dislike about the show, which have been stated multiple times.

I have hope for this planet, but some people I certainly don't.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did I ever imply they are the same exact thing? They are similar, hell cabin in the woods even pokes fun at the genre (zombies) and in alot of ways is almost apart of the genre - not to mention both being horror based outlets. But I forgot how you like to pretend that unless I use specific examples that are exactly the same thing then the comparisons have no relevance. My bad I forgot that the zombies in CABIN were redneck backwoods zombies, SO DIFFERENT AND CERTAINLY NOT COMPARABLE TO REGULAR ZOMBIES DUUUH.

Cabin in the woods was terrific, maybe it just didn't have enough plot holes or terrible characters for you. Yeah we need more Carl and Lori. Or maybe we should just go back to the same ******** teenage slasher flicks that are all gore and no genuine thrills.

Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 04-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
When did I ever imply they are the same exact thing? They are similar, hell cabin in the woods even pokes fun at the genre (zombies) and in alot of ways is almost apart of the genre - not to mention both being horror based outlets. But I forgot how you like to pretend that unless I use specific examples that are exactly the same thing then the comparisons have no relevance.

Cabin in the woods was terrific, maybe it just didn't have enough plot holes or terrible characters for you. Yeah we need more Carl and Lori.
Exactly they aren't. LOL. Bringing up The Walking Dead, something different in a lot of ways is irrelevant. Why the hell did you even do that? What does my take on that show have to do with The Cabin in the Woods anyways?

And the Cabin in the Woods had a few plot holes.

And I love how you are ignoring the fact that I've stated that I like and dislike certain aspects about The Walking Dead. Dancing around the statements FTW.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I bring it up because like I said, you defend it on this board more than anyone else, I never in here said that you didn't have dislikes about it. And just so I understand my comparison of a horror movie to a horror show can't be done? Your take on a horror show, which you have defended more than anyone else on this thread, and your take on one of the better more creative horror movies just amuses me. Not to mention, I would love for you to explain to me how I can't compare the two? Like what is the criteria of being able to compare something, because comparing two media outlets of the horror genre seems like it should be acceptable, especially when the majority of cabin has zombies in it.

Regardless I was just commenting on how cabin was just alright in your opinion, and the amount of time you spend defending a pretty bad show - both of the same genre. And just so you don't continue to bring this up or say something about dancing or put in some facepalm image, I never once said here or else in this thread you don't have critiques for the show. Just that you defend it more than anyone else. I just find your taste in horror funny from those two outlets.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I bring it up because like I said, you defend it on this board more than anyone else, I never in here said that you didn't have dislikes about it. And just so I understand my comparison of a horror movie to a horror show can't be done? Your take on a horror show, which you have defended more than anyone else on this thread, and your take on one of the better more creative horror movies just amuses me. Not to mention, I would love for you to explain to me how I can't compare the two? Like what is the criteria of being able to compare something, because comparing two media outlets of the horror genre seems like it should be acceptable, especially when the majority of cabin has zombies in it. Regardless I was just commenting on how cabin was just alright in your opinion, and the amount of time you spend defending a pretty bad show - both of the same genre. And just so you don't continue to bring this up or say something about dancing or put in some facepalm image, I never once said here or else in this thread you don't have critiques for the show. Just that you defend it more than anyone else. I just found it find your taste in horror funny from those two outlets.
POST FAIL. So pointing out what I like and dislike about each episode is "defending it" more than anyone else? I do that with everything. Look at the good and the bad. Yes, I'm sorry I don't run to the internet and post only the negative aspects about each episode. I guess that means I'm "defending" it more than anyone else LOL. Sue me bro.

And why would I be concerned about you saying that I didn't have dislikes about the program? That isn't the issue, because I told you this myself. I'm talking about acknowledging that fact when we were debating instead of assuming I have a strong bias for something. Those are two different things. That is your biggest problem. You assume I have a bias for something when on multiple occasions there is evidence to the contrary. Yet you decide to ignore this and keep assuming I have a bias so it fits the agenda you are pushing.

You can compare whatever you want. But we aren't talking about you. You decided to jump on the so called "logic" that my feelings for The Walking Dead and The Cabin in the Woods have to be similar in order for my opinion on two different media to make sense to you, which was clouded under a lame wisecrack in your initial response. It's ironic you took that stance, because my feelings on both media are of the same: decent. There are things I like and dislike about both. It's not black and white like you are trying to insinuate.

All in all you were just trying to be an asshole with your initial comment and start ****. I already knew when I had a different opinion regarding the movie and how I didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread like yourself...

Quote:
I am ashamed for ever questioning anything Whedon does. Cabin in the woods is probably my new favorite horror movie. Just ******* fantastic all around.
...that you would open your mouth.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-24-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realized how awesome the cast and writers are for The Five-Year Engagement. Might just be a good movie.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Just realized how awesome the cast and writers are for The Five-Year Engagement. Might just be a good movie.
I caught myself the other day thinking that if I were in the company of a lady I wouldn't actually mind seeing that movie.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why you would mind anyway seeing as Jason Segel is pretty awesome.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta watch Malcolm X for my history class. I <3 Denzel.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote