Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Just awful. Jeff Bridges was great in Crazy Heart and all but Hoffman was far and away better. To not even get a nomination shows how unreliable the Oscars are. Hell I would have given it the screenplay and Best Picture win in 2009 as well. Easily one of the best films I have even seen. It hit me like a ******* brick and every time I watch it I seem to like it even more.
Yup, couldn't agree more.

Synecdoche is my favourite movie of all time. Just really relateable and really ******* rewatchable.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yup, couldn't agree more.

Synecdoche is my favourite movie of all time. Just really relateable and really ******* rewatchable.
Insanely rewatchable. Own it on Blu Ray and have probably seen it 15 times. I hate making lists these days but my sentimental favorite film is certainly Synchedoche, New York.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys being sarcastic about Synchedoche? It was interesting...but re-watchable? That's not the word that comes to mind.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not being sarcastic at all. Try re-watching it again, I bet you will notice tons of things you didn't see in your first viewing
Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Are you guys being sarcastic about Synchedoche? It was interesting...but re-watchable? That's not the word that comes to mind.
I pick up new things every time I watch it, love quoting the movie, I think the performances are brilliant across the board, and I find it just a beautiful film. Kaufman wanted it to be kind of like a theatre piece in that each time you watch the film it is a new experience. I think he succeeded masterfully and with the grace of a veteran director. There is so much going on that I didn't pick up my first few times watching.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just awful. Jeff Bridges was great in Crazy Heart and all but Hoffman was far and away better. To not even get a nomination shows how unreliable the Oscars are. Hell I would have given it the screenplay and Best Picture win in 2009 as well. Easily one of the best films I have even seen. It hit me like a ******* brick and every time I watch it I seem to like it even more.
Since when was it a 2009 movie? I thought it counted for 2008. Thus, Mickey Rourke should have won it that year for The Wrestler regardless.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Since when was it a 2009 movie? I thought it counted for 2008. Thus, Mickey Rourke should have won it that year for The Wrestler regardless.
It was released at Cannes May 2008. It was a 2009 movie eligible film you fool! Rourke was ******* incredible, I agree with you on that.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was released at Cannes May 2008. It was a 2009 movie eligible film you fool! Rourke was ******* incredible, I agree with you on that.
It was nominated at other award shows in 2008, and says 2008 on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes (the latter of which correlates when it was eligible for awards). Still don't get how Penn won, just because Rourke said some weird **** at another award show. Not saying Penn was bad, but he didn't deserve it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all know that 2009 should have been Sam Rockwell.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
How hot is Penelope Cruz. Damn.
She's pretty hot. I always thought her nose was too big though, but whatever. Still hot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how I feel.

Quote:
Oscar winner Ben Affleck has reportedly been approached by Warner Bros. about directing their long-gestating Justice League of America movie and might even play a role in it.

According to Variety, "Affleck is the only candidate who’s been sent Will Beall’s Justice League script, which the Gangster Squad scribe was hired to write last summer. ... Affleck has made it clear that he’s only interested in directing films in which he also stars — The Town and Argo are proof of that — so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would don a suit of his own. One possible hesitation on Affleck’s part is that any involvement with Justice League would take him out of circulation as a director for a few years. He could, however, still fit in an acting gig at Warners."

The trade adds that the JLA movie could open summer 2015, which could see it go toe-to-toe against The Avengers 2. Imagine that!

As you know, Ben Affleck is no stranger to superhero fare having starred as Daredevil and playing Superman TV star George Reeves in Hollywoodland. Affleck's name was also bandied about as a Superman contender way back in the day.

What do you think of Affleck possibly directing JLA? And if he does play a role in the film, who should it be?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Not sure how I feel.
Ben Affleck is a very decent director.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Affleck for Aquaman.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goddamnit, leave Ben Affleck alone so he can make good films for adults, not what is likely to be a ******* flop.

EDIT:

"Okay, so we open with a shot of downtown Boston..." -Ben Affleck during his pitch.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 08-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop with the Justice League idea, please. My goodness DC Entertainment is so ********.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It was nominated at other award shows in 2008, and says 2008 on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes (the latter of which correlates when it was eligible for awards). Still don't get how Penn won, just because Rourke said some weird **** at another award show. Not saying Penn was bad, but he didn't deserve it.
I agree...Rourke absolutely should have gotten it over Penn. PSH vs. Rourke would be a tough one for me. Rourke, PSH, and DDL in TWBB were the three best performances of the last few years by far imo.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a hard enough time sitting through it the few times I've already seen it. Was really hard for me to get over how much it felt like it was weird for the sake of being weird and meta. Maybe some day I'll rewatch it, but there's too many movies I haven't seen yet or actually enjoy re-watching, to do so any time soon.

EDIT: Still talking about Synechdoche.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Much thanks to whoever mentioned The Guard. I liked that film a lot.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Much thanks to whoever mentioned The Guard. I liked that film a lot.
I downloaded it today and will watch it tonight.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Guard is good stuff. Need more Mark Strong antagonism. He does it well.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I pick up new things every time I watch it, love quoting the movie, I think the performances are brilliant across the board, and I find it just a beautiful film. Kaufman wanted it to be kind of like a theatre piece in that each time you watch the film it is a new experience. I think he succeeded masterfully and with the grace of a veteran director. There is so much going on that I didn't pick up my first few times watching.
It's funny, when I watched it a couple years ago I came away thinking 'wow that was a great movie but I hated watching it'. I actually 'acquired' it just recently wanting to give it another shot after I caught Adaptation on TV. I do expect to enjoy/get more out of it the second time around.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Some good news.

Quote:
Last month, the outlook for a Dumb and Dumber sequel was not looking good. Just three months after New Line and Warner Bros. confirmed that stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were set to return for the follow-up, Carrey dropped out due to his increasing frustration with what he reportedly felt was an "unenthusiastic" studio.

However, Daniels is now claiming that all is not lost for Harold and Lloyd after all. During an interview following his TCA panel for HBO's The Newsroom, the actor shed some light on the comedy project.

Is there still hope for a sequel? "Oh sure, even more so now," Daniels told Crave Online. "Jim wants to do it. I want to do it. The [directors the] Farrellys want to do it. They want to rewrite the script a little bit and they aren't trying to jam it in before I have to go back and do Newsroom in November. So they're going, 'Why don't we just do it right? Let's get everybody organized to go next May or June.' If everything works out on the business side, that's what we'll do but I think there’s more hope than ever."

As for Carrey's conflict with Warner Bros. and New Line, Daniels added, "I think Jim just got frustrated and I completely got it. I was frustrated too. We thought it was in pretty good shape. The studio and others wanted some more work done [to] it. The Farrellys wanted more work done on it so they got working on it and I think last week they decided to push the shooting of it to next year, possibly because I wasn't going to move The Newsroom."
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Jim Carrey better when he was trying to get away from stupid gimmick comedies.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I liked Jim Carrey better when he was trying to get away from stupid gimmick comedies.
The Number 23 happened.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-08-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to watch Synchedoche again last year. Didnt work out too well.

Awesome idea and well done all across the board, but I think once is plenty for me.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote