Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to see Pain & Gain tonight.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b316 View Post
I liked the first Star Trek movie.

I came in with no expectations, never was a star trek fan, caught it on HBO, and damn it was a good movie.
I'm not saying it was a bad movie or anything, I enjoyed it myself. But as a Star Trek fan, I was a little disappointed.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Going to see Pain & Gain tonight.
I wanted to see that but I heard bad reviews from friends and co-workers whp've seen it
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'm not saying it was a bad movie or anything, I enjoyed it myself. But as a Star Trek fan, I was a little disappointed.
Benedict Cumberbatch is in this, so you're good to go from there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I wanted to see that but I heard bad reviews from friends and co-workers whp've seen it
I'll let you know whether to spend your money or not.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Is it actually a Star Trek movie, unlike Abram's first? This one seems even farther from a Star Trek movie, just a generic Sci-Fi movie that has the Star Trek universe thrown in to it.
I understand what you're saying. The first film wasn't really about exploring the cosmos and visiting strange new worlds. This new film is still also a little more domestic in terms of what takes place. A lot of Earth is involved. However, that entire issue is addressed in the film and not just swept under the rug. It also gives a clue in terms of what direction the franchise will go in the next film. So I was happy that it wasn't ignored.

If you're a big Star Trek fan, I will say that this movie does tread some familiar ground and I have some minor gripes with the movie. That being said it is a lot better put together than the first. It isn't necessarily a deep film, but personally I don't need that to be entertained (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Avengers). It is still fast paced of course. But the performances are what really sell the film. Especially Benedict Cumberbatch. Every time that guy was on screen I was just engaged as a viewer. One of the best acting jobs I've seen in a big budget science fiction film. Pine and Quinto are also really good along with Urban who gets more screen time and more things to do this time around. You really get a good sense of that original trio dynamic from TOS. Simeon Peg as Scotty also shines more and is actually in the movie from the beginning. The rest of the cast gets regulated to the background somewhat, but that is to be expected with that many characters and only so much screen time. It was essentially like that in TOS anyways. Abrams is usually hit and miss for me, but I think he nailed it this time around.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Gatsby. Meh.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:40 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
watch this.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Personally, I liked the movie and so did my friend. It was entertaining and funny, and every bit of 2 hours long. Whenever I walk out of a movie and don't say "Should have waited until DVD/OnDemand", I consider that movie good. It won't go down as a classic, but definitely worth seeing.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
a ****** book made a meh movie? i'm shocked, or something.
Leo makes everything great. I refuse to believe that.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i fully expect him to be good, but the rest of the movie to suck. even with a solid actor, you can't usually overcome terrible source material.
Ugh. Very true, plus I'm sure Toby drags him down as well.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus it's the great ******* gatsby. It would've been a POS if it had Leo, RDJ, Brad Pitt and Ed Norton playing every male role.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Plus it's the great ******* gatsby. It would've been a POS if it had Leo, RDJ, Brad Pitt and Ed Norton playing every male role.
Throw in Denzel, Depp and replace RDJ with Tom Hanks and I say challenge accepted

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Tom Hanks.

And if we're adding a token black actor it's gotta be Idris Elba.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
**** Tom Hanks.

And if we're adding a token black actor it's gotta be Idris Elba.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved the new Trek. Great performances all around. For as much love as Cumberbatch is getting though I thought Quinto as Spock steals the show. Really fun movie all around the sets up the next film beautifully.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got free passes tonight for the Jim Rash/Nat Faxon movie with Sam Rockwell, Steve Carell, and young Shawn Spencer. Hoping that it's charming enough.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Got free passes tonight for the Jim Rash/Nat Faxon movie with Sam Rockwell, Steve Carell, and young Shawn Spencer. Hoping that it's charming enough.
It's supposed to be amazing. One of my most anticipated movies of the summer.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Ugh. Very true, plus I'm sure Toby drags him down as well.
Remember when everyone loved him
Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
It's supposed to be amazing. One of my most anticipated movies of the summer.
This pleases me to hear. I went in with similar thoughts when I had passes to see Win Win a couple years ago and I ended up loving it.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
It was about what I expected. Rockwell kills it, obviously. Best thing the movie has going for it by a mile. Just extremely likable and funny. Outside of him, Faxon and Rash had really good bits for themselves. You get good enough performances from the main people, but a couple of the characters are rather one-dimensional. Allison Janney plays a typical Allison Janney role. Nothing amazing or too far out of the box, but enjoyable. The little kid is also pretty funny.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing if it happens.

Quote:
Christopher Nolan could soon be joining Her Majesty's Secret Service. The "Dark Knight" director and "Man of Steel" producer is reportedly in informal negotiations to direct the next James Bond film. That's according to well-connected Daily Mail entertainment writer Baz Bamigboye, who broke the news in a blog post late Thursday (May 16).

"It's early days," Bamigboye wrote, "but informal talks have begun between Nolan, his representatives and the powers behind the James Bond pictures, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson."

No other details were available -- and it could all amount to nothing -- but Nolan's potential involvement in the storied spy franchise is intriguing, to say the least. Not only has he proven adept at advancing an existing film franchise -- as he did with his "Dark Knight" trilogy -- but he's no slouch at helming smart thrillers, either (See: "Memento" and "Inception.")

Landing Nolan would be an enormous coup for Bond producers, who are coming off a major success with "Skyfall," the 23rd film in the official series. Starring Daniel Craig, it went on to become the highest-grossing film in the franchise's history and the seventh-highest-grossing film of all time. Despite that success, director Sam Mendes has opted out of helming its followup.

Nolan, who is on the record as a "Bond" fan, is currently in pre-production on his next project. The sci-fi thriller "Interstellar" will reportedly star Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Matthew McConaughey and Michael Caine, in a physics-based story. (The big-brained IMDB blurb: "An exploration of physicist Kip Thorne's theories of gravity fields, wormholes and several hypotheses that Albert Einstein was never able to prove.'") That project is tentatively due in theaters in November 2014.
http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf...iver_d efault
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's the Daily Mail reporting, Nolan is probably actually retiring from film-making.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** James Bond.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
**** James Bond.
No, **** you.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: