Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-28-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The real question is...Should I go see Pacific Rim in IMAX 3D or not...
Very much yes.

I'll completely admit that I was let down with Pacific Rim's script. Not so much the story, its basically what I expected it to be, more so the characters/character development and dialogue. Seemed very generic, cliche and lame. I know Del Toro was going for a more light-hearted/jokey action movie to contrast the darker tones of recent films, but even with that in mind I feel he didn't do a very good job in the aforementioned departments. The Avengers showed that you can still make the movie Del Toro seems to be describing without being (again) generic, cliche and lame.

That being said, I went to watch Pacific Rim mostly to see robots kicking monsters' asses. Which is where the film shines. Amazing CGI, amazing action, and amazing robot/monster designs. Hard to think of a film that does it better.

So overall, you probably want to see the movie for the same reason as me, and if so, definitely see it in IMAX 3D. Even if you find the non-action parts disappointing, the amazing visuals and action still make this movie worth seeing.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took none of Pacific Rim seriously. Elba was amazing, the comedic relief was great. I went in expecting nothing but entertaining action and everything in between was good enough to not let me down.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Its basically The Last Samurai only no Tom Cruise. It works pretty well.
I hated Last Samurai soooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I took none of Pacific Rim seriously. Elba was amazing, the comedic relief was great. I went in expecting nothing but entertaining action and everything in between was good enough to not let me down.
I've come to despise the Transformers franchise and I'm still scarred from watching Robot Jox as a kid. I think I'll wait to see how Robotech turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Might go see the conjuring tonight. Should I wear a diaper?
See Mama instead.

Apparently Emperor isn't very historically accurate but it was still a well done movie. Nice to see Jack in a meaningful role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Transformers series is the ******* worst.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unlike you Tom Hanks hasn't forgotten that he was in the Da Vinci Code franchise.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Transformers series is the ******* worst.
Yep. Im still pissed off that they took my beloved cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid and turned it into a crappy movie series.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacific Rim did better with robots than Transformers could ever dream of doing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amazing? He didn't do much at all. Just barked a few orders throughout, and gave that speech that we see in the trailer. His relationship with Mako was both cliche and underdeveloped (as was his character in general). I was actually disappointed with Elba's role in the movie, more so because of the script than his acting. Plus he inexplicably was British (or at least retained the accent).

As for the comedic relief, I found it mostly corny and lame.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

It is obvious the script wasn't great. Elba took what was probably a bland role and made it one of the best parts of the movie. The Mako stuff I did think was weak. This is the kind of movie I would have been in love with as a child. I would like to think child me would also think Transformers was ****.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fruitvale station was alright. Wallace is really good in it, as is Octavia Spencer. The way they try to portray him and the whole sequence as they do in one day definitely saps on a bit, but it was still pretty good altogether.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
White House Down was one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Full of plot holes, way over the top, and had some awful lines delivered. It also had a large amount of great actors, it was fun, and seemed almost a parody of the genre. I kind of loved it. Reminded me a lot of Die Hard, just not as good. I actually found myself really enjoying it after going in thinking I would hate it.

Also watched Grown Ups 2. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The fact that I could only get half way in did not surprise me at all. It is maybe even worse than advertised.
I enjoyed White House Down. It was an entertaining movie.

I agree 100% about Grown Ups 2. It was awful. The first one had a tiny plot with all the friends meeting again for their reunion and all the families trying to get along. This one just had Sandler running around town all day and random stuff would happen.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post

I agree 100% about Grown Ups 2. It was awful. The first one had a tiny plot with all the friends meeting again for their reunion and all the families trying to get along. This one just had Sandler running around town all day and random stuff would happen.
I'll admit that I somewhat enjoyed the first grown ups movie. But I have heard nothing but bad things about grown ups 2.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I'll admit that I somewhat enjoyed the first grown ups movie. But I have heard nothing but bad things about grown ups 2.
Shaq was hilarious. There, I found one good thing to say about Grown Ups 2. ******* awful movie.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I enjoyed the first one as well which is why I thought I would like the second one. Taylor Lautner as a punk frat boy isn't believable or funny.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, great flick. A little hard to understand and take in at first.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shaq was hilarious. There, I found one good thing to say about Grown Ups 2. ******* awful movie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trying to decide which movie i saw recently made me want to kill myself more: spring breakers or movie 43.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
trying to decide which movie i saw recently made me want to kill myself more: spring breakers or movie 43.
I maintain that Spring Breakers was good. The first half half was horrendous. Seriously awful. Franco then shows up and starts killing and the movie becomes a parody of itself. Reminded me a lot of Alpha Dog in that I found both movies enjoyable as self parodies.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SPRRRRRRRRRRING BREAKKKKKKKKKK.

Fruitvale Station is my favorite movie of the year so far.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spring Break was such a terrible movie. Like it might have been the worst movie I ever saw.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grown Ups 2 is the best movie in the world according to my entire town in Indiana.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colony is good fun for an hour and a half. Although it was clearly meant to be a pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
SPRRRRRRRRRRING BREAKKKKKKKKKK.

Fruitvale Station is my favorite movie of the year so far.
Maybe you should see Before Midnight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Maybe you should see Before Midnight.
I did see it. It was enjoyable, but not nearly as emotional Fruitvale was for me.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone have any netflix suggestions? im in the mood for a movie tonight