Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Should I watch Moneyball or Perks of Being a Wallflower tomorrow? Haven't seen either.
Definitely Moneyball. I felt like Perks didn't really do the book justice. Despite being a very short book, I still feel they left a ton out and then rushed the ending. I thought Moneyball was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make-A-Movie competition soon, anybody?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moneyball it is. Thanks dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I got time for it brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness, have you seen Hunger or Shame? Steve McQueen is a brilliant director but after those two movies which are incredibly raw I knew 12 Years a Slave would not be an easy viewing experience. I can't wait, going on Tuesday.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
That'd be cool.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really liked the new Thor movie. Might even have been my favorite of the standalones.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Thor shaping up? I"ll be asap after I get my new job scheduale here in a two weeks or . Getting a new job with 12 hour shifts , rotating days to nights every 2 weeks , starting at 11$ an hour full benefits ,, yeahh!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About Time was a very pleasant watch after seeing Thor. Sincere, humorous, contemplative, uplifting and heartfelt. A rom-com and yet much more than just a rom-com. Personal 2 cents from a guy who uses Saoirse Ronan as signature on a football forum. Hope I don't get Incognitonized.

Last edited by xjxdarren : 11-09-2013 at 01:30 AM.
xjxdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Really liked the new Thor movie. Might even have been my favorite of the standalones.
Might check it out today, though I haven't seen the first one. I've heard plenty of good.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 Years a Slave is one of the best films I have seen in a long time.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aronofsky, Russell Crowe, Emma Watson. Could be good.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aronofsky has the same taste in women...i mean in actresses...that I do, seems like a good dude.

The World's End wasn't that great, but Simon Pegg's speech to rid humanity of the aliens was really really awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Band Called Death is a quality documentary. Qualitayyyy.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A Band Called Death is a quality documentary. Qualitayyyy.
yea it is

Also saw "Only God Forgives" on Netflix, I loved that movie, even though it doesn't seem popular at all. Visually striking and eerie

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Only God Forgives was pretty great I thought. Nothing special or anything but a real cool movie. I also liked the other very divisive movie this year, The Counselor.

You all really need to see 12 Years a Slave. Even ******* Ness liked it.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thor 2 was fun. Not a "great" film or anything but keeps the action up, few good chuckle moments, Hiddleston is awesome. Christopher Eccleston was underused as Malekith.
But overall a fun popcorn flick.
Also....GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

So the trailer for Best Man Holiday aired before 12 Years a Slave, was so out of place, and looked awful. It made a ton of money over the weekend and then I stumbled upon this article.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Twitt...ion-40324.html

I then looked at the pic of every person who gave a positive review. I mean I don't know how else to post this without seeming racist but it made me ******* laugh. With its christian faith thing going, over dramatic everything and terribly unfunny jokes in my opinion I am clearly not the target demographic. This just gave me a laugh. Seems like it might as well be a Tyler Perry movie and honestly this is not about race, that **** just is not funny at all to me. I seriously cannot see how people go along with how cheesy and lame everything about this movies are, eat that **** up, and rave about how great it is. I guess I am forever destined to be a snobby ******* twat when it comes to movies but lets be real, I'm right and everyone who disagrees is wrong.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man of Steel was pretty good. Went in with low expectations and thought it was worthy of a reboot

Quote:
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Thor 2 was fun. Not a "great" film or anything but keeps the action up, few good chuckle moments, Hiddleston is awesome. Christopher Eccleston was underused as Malekith.
But overall a fun popcorn flick.
Also....GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
America disagrees and says it's the best movie out right now.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
America disagrees and says it's the best movie out right now.
**** the masses, they are awful and know nothing. Go watch 12 Years a Slave.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So the trailer for Best Man Holiday aired before 12 Years a Slave, was so out of place, and looked awful. It made a ton of money over the weekend and then I stumbled upon this article.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Twitt...ion-40324.html

I then looked at the pic of every person who gave a positive review. I mean I don't know how else to post this without seeming racist but it made me ******* laugh. With its christian faith thing going, over dramatic everything and terribly unfunny jokes in my opinion I am clearly not the target demographic. This just gave me a laugh. Seems like it might as well be a Tyler Perry movie and honestly this is not about race, that **** just is not funny at all to me. I seriously cannot see how people go along with how cheesy and lame everything about this movies are, eat that **** up, and rave about how great it is. I guess I am forever destined to be a snobby ******* twat when it comes to movies but lets be real, I'm right and everyone who disagrees is wrong.
Best Man was a perfectly decent movie, so I don't see why this won't be.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Best Man was a perfectly decent movie, so I don't see why this won't be.
I had no idea this was even a sequel, shows what I know. I am just judging it based on the trailer which I thought was laughably bad. I then laughed at the hilarious spelling used by all the people raving about the movie on twitter.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Skyfall on Netflix recently. Was not impressed. I felt like I was watching a Batman movie.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Watched Skyfall on Netflix recently. Was not impressed. I felt like I was watching a Batman movie.
I'm not impressed by your face.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote